Dog Owner Chat V. 5

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Dog Owner Chat V. 5

Postby xX_Kiefernholz_Xx » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:11 am

Hi, I own two dogs. They are brother and sister. The brother has a bit of a nervous habit and (very rarely but still) chews
up things like paper, plastic, etc. We usually aren't gone that long from home, and as of right now my mom stays home
because of recent surgery, but I suspect after getting so used to us being home he might have his habit worsened,
anything I might be able to do to help stop his habit from happening every so often?
xX_Kiefernholz_Xx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luzien » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:23 am

work your dog out more, get him tirred ...give him other things to do...train him that things like a banana or apple or bether than paper or plastic...maybe a carrot to chew, a bone or peanutbutter filled toy...or food filled toy or puzzle toy^^ some use bitterspray...other throw something on the ground when dog trys to cheew something and so on...
when he is nervous, aand ist no something health problem, maybe som smell can help, or dog tv or soft dog calming music...
Last edited by Luzien on Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please klick them or they will die°°!!!
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Image-Image--Image-Image-Image
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xX_Kiefernholz_Xx » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:24 am

Luzien wrote:work your dog out more, get him tirred ...give him other things to do...train him that things like a banana or apple or bether than paper or plastic...maybe a carrot to chew, a bone or peanutbutter filled toy...or food filled toy or puzzle toy^^ some use bitterspray...other throw something on the ground when dog trys to cheew something and so on...

Ah, ok! He currently has a rawhide bone, so I'm hoping that'll stop him for a bit. I think when he's done with that we also have some kneecaps.
xX_Kiefernholz_Xx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shadow~wolf » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:08 am

Does anyone feed Victor? How does it’s ingredients and price compare to totw?
shadow~wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cardinal » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:46 am

Shadow~Wolf wrote:Does anyone feed Victor? How does it’s ingredients and price compare to totw?

For us Victor is much cheaper and we feed the Hi Pro Plus variety. Totw is $49 for a 30lb bag vs Victor is $42 for a 40lb bag. Plus the calories in Victor are much higher so we feed less of it.

Lots of people feed Totw which is owned by Diamond brand who arent strangers to recalls and lots of peopke have no issue with this, its up to you. I dont think Victor has ever had a recall and its small batch made in TX .

They are both really good foods, I just personally use Victor
Honey, it's in the stars
And you're my everything from here to Mars
And every word I say I truly mean
Dear darling, I hope I'm being clear
'Cause there's no one like you on earth
That can be my universe

Cardinal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ru. » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:09 am

Shadow~Wolf wrote:Does anyone feed Victor? How does it’s ingredients and price compare to totw?

I don't have any experience with Victor. I have only heard good things though!

I feed my dog Nature's Domain from Costco/Kirkland. It is essentially generic TOTW and the ingredients are just as good. He does awesome on it and it is high quality enough that I don't have to feed him much for him to maintain weight. His coat is shiny. His skin is good (no itching like he had on previous foods). He's as energetic as ever as well and it keeps him satisfied for a long time.

As Cardinal said - Diamond has recall history (and I believe that Nature's Domain is also distributed by Diamond but you might want to check me on that) so you would just want to stay on top of recalls. Personally I always keep on top of recalls for me and my dog regardless of what I'm feeding so it doesn't effect me much in that sense.
That being said I don't believe that Diamond recalls effected the Nature's Domain line on the West Coast where I'm from.

Anyway. Where I am, Nature's Domain varies in price from $27 -
$35 for a 35 lb bag when you buy it at Costco, depending upon the formula you choose (they have chicken, beef, salmon and I believe lamb and maaaybbee turkey). I feed the Salmon which is closer to $35 and sometimes I feed the Beef. I've never feed the Chicken because Edgar has issues with chicken, but it the most inexpensive option.
| INFJ | Capricorn | Blood Type B | Coyote Dæmon | Neutral Good | Creative Type |
ru.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Keriae » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:22 am

Has anyone fed the new kibble, True Instinct by Nature's Menu?
    We went to buy dog food today and found it for sale in a local pet shop! We've grabbed a bag to try when Mary finishes her current bag of Evolution Naturally, and I'm curious what everyone thinks of it!
Keriae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Middy. » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:57 am

In case anyone was wondering what Octavia looks like without her fluff. She’s like 90% fluff and 10% puppy tbh. 😂
.Middy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eff » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:49 am

__Cerberus__ wrote:
Kinda been getting annoyed with an argument in my family.

So I'll bring this up, and not saying my side till I hear others.

Would you have a pitbull around your family?
Are they a mean breed?
Nature or nurture?

Sometimes when an animal is born, they are naturally aggressive.
    Or it may just be that there brains are wired differently. Regardle
    ss, no breed should be defined by its aggression due to the fact th
    at all dogs can have drastically different personalities.
    Pits have a bad name due to there strong jaws and structures whi
    ch is abused in Dog Fighting. This is why the Dangerous Dogs Act (s)
    made Pit Bull Terriers illegal in the UK (with loopholes which I
    believe no dog should be forced into).
    The RSPCA, League Against Cruel Sports and Kennel Club want
    this changed due to how it specifies on the breed or appearance
    over it's personality and temperament.

Personally, I think you should give it ago. They are sweet, sweet
    dogs if they are cared for with the love any dog deserves.
eff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LizzytheWolf » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:02 am

I think all our hard work has paid off!
Justin is doing beautifully with commands and he loves going to the park and training during my free time. We went today and it was ok but one park-goer started an argument. He was talking to some people while his Chihuahua mix ran around off-leash barking at other dogs. She even nipped at them and pestered them. It is clearly posted on the park gates that all dogs must be on a leash or authorities will be contacted. When she came rushing up to Justin, I quickly put the extra slip lead I always carry during walks around her neck. I brought her to the owner who I informed about the park rules. He started screaming at me and asked why I didn't have a muzzle on my "dangerous dog". Just because Justin is a GSD mix people think he's evil. But as everyone who lives in my neighborhood and comes to this park knows, he's a big sweetheart. There are a lot of other people here on vacation or from the town next door and they often misunderstand my dog and other people's dogs here.
Justin sat patiently at our picnic spot while I tried calmly discussing the leash issue. This guy just didn't stop and kept insisting that Justin is "a vicious monster that needs to be chained and muzzled". I told him that if he didn't put a leash on his dog, I would call police to deal with him. I finally had enough and called them. When they arrived, He started lying and told them I had my dog off leash and that he had bit him. When asked where the wound was, he showed them a bandage he had on his leg ever since he arrived an hour or two after me and Justin. Upon examination of the leg, it was clearly not a dog bite and probably a burn wound.
The police finally left with him and animal control took the dog. We left a few minutes later, I was so mad, I had to leave. I'm still fuming because I hate people who assume Justin is evil.
Sorry about all the italics and underlines, I'm really really mad. Justin is obviously unfazed and we're cuddling right now after playing fetch in the field behind our house <3.
I have quit. Goodbye.
Profile pic is art of my GSD/Elkound mix, Justin. Credit to Kasezki on Deviantart.
LizzytheWolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me