Dog Owner Chat V. 5

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Dog Owner Chat V. 5

Postby xXocea » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:25 am

Woo~ It's so cool to finally see what she's made out of!
    12.5% Rottweiler? That's a bit odd, lmao.
    The Pom and Russel-type dog I can see, she's of a smaller size. Didn't her mom resemble a Jack Russel? The dad, he looked like a Border Collie?
    Not a high percentage of Husky like everyone tends to think with her eyes, but it's apart of the 24.7% supermutt mixture.
xXocea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Taiger Lilly » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:41 am

RebelliousWinter wrote:
    The Pom and Russel-type dog I can see, she's of a smaller size. Didn't her mom resemble a Jack Russel? The dad, he looked like a Border Collie?
    Not a high percentage of Husky like everyone tends to think with her eyes, but it's apart of the 24.7% supermutt mixture.

Yeah they did a bit, I made an album to compare, it has her mom and suspected dad near the end.
https://imgur.com/a/vlW6w

Honestly I have been thinking her muzzle was still looking a little short (like a rotties) but I chalked it up to her still being a puppy.
Taiger Lilly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zenisiti » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:45 am

Taiger Lilly wrote:Oooh my gosh guys the results are in!!!!!
https://embarkvet.com/dog/olive50
Little bit suprised with some of the results haha

that's a cool mix!
i still haven't done my DNA test for my dog and i really want to because i'm sooooo curious

hey there!
i'm zenisiti(zen-nis-city)
but you can call me zen!
my pronouns are she/her.
pms are always open^^
lf: 2017 store pps fairy fox
doodle shop|th
zenisiti

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ru. » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:46 am

Taiger Lilly wrote:
RebelliousWinter wrote:

Yeah they did a bit, I made an album to compare, it has her mom and suspected dad near the end.
https://imgur.com/a/vlW6w

Honestly I have been thinking her muzzle was still looking a little short (like a rotties) but I chalked it up to her still being a puppy.

Aah! Her results were so interesting to read! It has all come together now!
I bet her shorter legs are due to the Russell Terrier in her. I have known quite a few with short, but not dwarfed, legs.
Temperament wise what breed traits do you think stand out most for her at this stage? (:
| INFJ | Capricorn | Blood Type B | Coyote Dæmon | Neutral Good | Creative Type |
ru.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Taiger Lilly » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:58 am

The Pom/terrier explains her inclination to bark at everything. And the nipping with the herding breeds for sure.
She does remind me of my childhood dog, who was a Jack Russell, just in terms of energy and personality, but it is hard to pinpoint.
I havent interacted with enough Rottweilers to really pick out any of their traits in her.

Edit:
Oh and lots of terrier in the digging at things
Her mom has a "guard dog" personality. One of those dogs that is friendly with you outside the house or if her owners are around, but if you enter the house whem nobody is home you get growled at.
Olive doesn't care for strangers much but she is way more inclined to dodge their attempts to pet her than to growl at anyone.
Last edited by Taiger Lilly on Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taiger Lilly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zenisiti » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:03 am

can someone with help me with finding out my dog's mix? i've been trying forever. thanks!

hey there!
i'm zenisiti(zen-nis-city)
but you can call me zen!
my pronouns are she/her.
pms are always open^^
lf: 2017 store pps fairy fox
doodle shop|th
zenisiti

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luzien » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:39 am

to the Embark and other such testing....
are they all the same from the pricing and how well they are done (same result of test from different places too :?: ), and did anyone ever do this with a purebreed dog, that is healthy and from good and real breeder? just for the fun...or is price to bad...?
i never did have a look in this because purebreed only dogs in our home. but the question did come up in my mind when reading about your tests here ^^

@
AestheticNature
can someone with help me with finding out my dog's mix? i've been trying forever. thanks!

that is not easy , the pic is not so clear, and not much about the dog....like how big, the weight, known parents.... a standing pic from side, front when possible....
it cold be part sheperd lab and something else when big dog...
Please klick them or they will die°°!!!
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Image-Image--Image-Image-Image
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eleutheromania » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:58 am

I used paw print for Loki when it came to health testing. The whole panel was roughly 300$. I’ve never done DNA because I know his breeders and his parents and I have a pedigree. Also seeing if he carries the dilute gene with paw print. :3
eleutheromania

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Taiger Lilly » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:04 am

Luzien wrote:to the Embark and other such testing....
are they all the same from the pricing and how well they are done (same result of test from different places too :?: ), and did anyone ever do this with a purebreed dog, that is healthy and from good and real breeder? just for the fun...or is price to bad...?
i never did have a look in this because purebreed only dogs in our home. but the question did come up in my mind when reading about your tests here ^^

Personally I think Embark is the best one available, but it is also the most expensive (~200 US Dollars). Wisdom Panel 4.0 and DNA my dog and cheaper(60-80 US Dollars) but are just for telling the breeds in mutts.
Wisdom Panel does do health testing as well ($150 USD) but they don't test for as many diseases as Embark does.

As far as accuracy for breeds, Wisdom Panel and Embark can give different result for the same dog. When I was choosing which to use most people said Embark did better with really mixed dogs. For simple mutts (2 or 3 breeds mixed, no mutt grandparents) the tests usually agree.

Some breeders use it to see the coat genetics (to see what recessive traits they carry) and to see if any of their dogs are carriers for genetic diseases. Although if you know your dog is healthy and don't plan on breeding them it might not be worth it.
Taiger Lilly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cardinal » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:37 am

Blue Buffalo is selling out to General Mills.
Honey, it's in the stars
And you're my everything from here to Mars
And every word I say I truly mean
Dear darling, I hope I'm being clear
'Cause there's no one like you on earth
That can be my universe

Cardinal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes