My dog has to be put down

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

My dog has to be put down

Postby fruithorse » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:56 am

So.. My dog has diabetes, and one of the things dogs get from diabetes is cataracts. She's almost blind now and is in pain from her leg and limps. My mom said that she might have to be put down soon because of her worsening conditions

I'm so sad already. I'm afraid my parents won't let me say goodbye to her because they'll do it while I'm at school. I don't know what to do; I can't stop crying
This is my signature
fruithorse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: My dog has to be put down

Postby Wings.mov » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:03 pm

It pains me how much I can relate my friend.

When I was in the third grade, my 14 year old black lab dalmatian mix, Logan, had to be put down. He had diabetes and he was blind too. On that day, an author came in and started talking about family. All I could think about my dog I've known all my life being put down while I was at school. She showed us the meteorite that she said fell into the backyard and told us to make a wish on it. I remember what I wished for. It was that my beautiful old dog would be happy forever. I started to cry and my teacher ashed me what was wrong. I told him that my dog was being put down. He told me it'd be okay and told me it's okay to cry.

I'm so sorry about your dog. How old was she?
x

Hey, I'm Cherry
She/they/anything non masc • Lesbian
I have anxiety and ADHD so remind me if
I forget or take to long on anything <3
I like bees, plants, drawing, minecraft,
terraria, mcyt, GrayFruit(YT), music,
warriors, and my incredible girlfriend

xxxxxxxxxxxxxImage

xxxxxxxxxxFind me here
xxxxxxxxFRTHCS to FR
──────────────────────────
xxxxxx
──────────────────────────

Wings.mov

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheRavens3rdEye » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:06 pm

I never got to the point where my pets had to be put down because they never got that old. We never kept our pets for that long. I know that that is in the distant future with our current dog. I have however felt the pain of separation because, without telling me, my parents gave away my dog's two puppies to the pound while I was away in school.
~TheRavens3rdEye~

*Enter classy meme here*

ImageImage

[img][img]http://www.chickensmoothie.com/pet/255413429&trans=1.jpg[/img][/img]
TheRavens3rdEye

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fruithorse » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:12 pm

I think she's about 10-12 years old. We got her from a rescue a long time ago
This is my signature
fruithorse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Marley.&.Me » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:58 pm

Just remember the amazing life you gave her, I had a German Shepherd mix when i was young, she was put down in 2009, i was in school and i’m still upset i never got to say goodbye to Ginger. They’ll always be in your heart no matter what.

Try to post here or here someone there may give you some wonderful advice on this and/or if it’s time, they can help you out with the grieving process. I still to this day have Gingers collar and tags, pictures and her paw print the vet had sent us. all tucked away in a box, that’s something you could do as a rememberance if she goes over the rainbow bridge.
Marley.&.Me

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me