Your best animal sightings?

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Your best animal sightings?

Postby WeirdWhiteStarDoggo » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:59 am

so we were driving at night in town and all of a sudden a doe darts out in front of us
it was maybe less than a foot away from the front of our car and we just barely slowed down enough in time to let her get across
super up close and personal sighting of a deer
lots of fun
much scare
⭒~✩💕𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓭𝓷𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓲𝓼 𝓯𝓻𝓮𝓮 ~ 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝓲𝓼 𝓷𝓸 𝓭𝓮𝓫𝓽💕✩~⭒
💖 ⭒~✩💕𝓶𝓪𝔂 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓽𝓻𝓪𝓭𝓮𝓼 𝓫𝓮 𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻 𝓲𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓯𝓪𝓿𝓸𝓻💕✩~⭒ .💖

💜 Crasher 💜

I do commissions! I will draw for pets/C$!
PM me if you're interested!

Click the sparkling hearts to see my auctions!
WeirdWhiteStarDoggo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DysphorianAsh » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:02 am

Once when I was going home from a friend's birthday party, I spotted a huge murder covering a parking lot! It was the parking lot of a Sams Club and the entire ground was black with small amines from the streetlight above that caught in their eyes.

When we drove by, I was so happy to see how beautiful it looked because they were flying away. The entire murder flew up into the sky and since it was near night, the moon shone on a few of them causing shadows to appear on the ground.

I will never forget that moment. It was one of the best even if they were just Crows. I love Crows.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxAsh | He Him / Them They | ♐️
xxx🎧 | 💕 | 🎭 | 📝
xxxImageImage
xxx🌈 ⎜🏈 ⎜🔥 ⎜🎮
xxx💊 ⎜🎭 ⎜Pfp Credit
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxTrading CenterKiuii Storage
xxxCurrently Obsessing
xxxImage
xxx💙💙💙
xxxImage DysphorianAsh#6901Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
DysphorianAsh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Herlock Sholmes » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:22 am

- I almost stepped on a rattlesnake on a hiking trail in Yosemite. There was also a squirrel that was taunting the same snake for a good 5 minutes until it ran away. Quite the interesting scenario.
- A duck fell down a waterfall. (It flew away at the bottom, so I guess it was unharmed)
- A goose slipped on ice after a bad ice storm, which was pretty hilarious. I got it on video.
- A fox was sleeping on the soccerfield during gym class at my school
- Back when manatees were endangered, I saw a rare sighting of one that swam under the whale-watching boat I was on in Florida. The guide was freaking out because he hadn't seen a manatee in ages and everyone on board was scrambling to take pics. That was the first time I'd ever seen an endangered species in the wild, and it was a beautiful experience.
- Yesterday a butterfly chose to rest on my hand for a while at a butterfly conservatory and I mildly felt like a Disney princess
Last edited by Herlock Sholmes on Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Image

Hey, I'm Herlock Sholmes,
nice to meet you!
I love figure skating, ballet,
biology, hiking, memes,
Marvel, urban exploration,
The Killers, wildlife docs,
Marianas Trench, and more!
Have a nice day.

Daily Bulletin:

AWOL

Herlock Sholmes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Soundgarden » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:24 am

While visiting family in Rio de Janeiro i saw over 100 wild parrots, and they came up to me and my family, so we fed them.
It was very cool seeing all the different colors and breeds of birds in one small area
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

╔══════════╗
signature credit
╚══════════╝
Soundgarden

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby XONVii » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:47 am

About a week or two ago, i was about to cross a street in a city at night but a fox ran in front of us across the street. It was the first time iv ever seen a fox irl and it was so cute :3
ImageImage
XONVii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dancing.cinnamon~ » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:49 am

Hmm. So far the best I've seen was a whale with her babies!
“ appa, yip yip “
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
█ | she/her
█ | music
█ | anime
Dancing.cinnamon~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Valac » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:22 pm

A long while back I saw a sea turtle resting on a beach outside a home my family was renting. This turtle was super cool and not to mention insanely gorgeous. Since sea turtles are pretty laid back it allowed me to get really close to it which made for great pictures! This sea turtle left each night and came back pretty much every afternoon I stayed there.
I'm really hoping they are doing well and I really hope anyone else that visits the beach treats them with respect.

Some cool animals I see right here at home are squirrels! While probably not super exciting for anyone who lives where they populate (as they are pretty much everywhere)I think they are really neat critters! They are super cute and I just ADORE watching them munch on seed from my bird feeder. I don't know why anyone could dislike squirrels!

Returning player. Not sure whats going on anymore
Valac

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JK341 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:01 pm

About 2 months ago my dog was looking out of the window growling and whining at something, so i take a peek outside for myself and see this guy, lucky for me i was able to grab a quick picture of him to show you guys. :)

And then a few weeks after that i was walking the dog when i heard something that sounded like another dog lapping from a water bowl. I look over to my right to see a fox drinking some water from a deep puddle, it just sat there and watched us as we continued on our walk.
I'm back, gonna give this site another try lol, please be patient with me while i get things re-organized <3

Other places you can find me:

JK341

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dragonswan » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:11 pm

Living where I do I've seen quite a lot of dolphins and alligators in the wild but two of my most memorable animal sightings were a bald eagle just sitting on a fence by the side of the road. My family and I were driving past and actually pulled over because we thought something might be wrong with it but after staring us down for a few moments it flew away looking all regal and American. :D I also have a small drainage ditch right next to my house and one day two otters wandered out of it, crossed the street and took off across the field that's opposite my house. I don't live that near to any actual rivers or bodies of water so it was just a bit unexpected.
Dragonswan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fluffycat6 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:38 am

Ive seen a pod of 4-5 orcas! They weren’t super close but it was still amazing.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image please click!
fluffycat6

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me