Where do you draw the line?

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Where do you draw the line?

Postby Light Bringer » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:00 am

I draw the line at cats and dogs. Almost anything else I am willing to try. Rabbit meat is quite nice although smoked deer is much better. Also to those of you wanting to try kangaroo, warning the smell is quite strong for some of the roos, if smell doesn't bother you you should be all good. :thumbup:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxx
LIGHTS OFF
xxxxxxxx

Light Bringer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MagicSpyglass » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:03 pm

I draw the line at eating endangered animals (ESPECIALLY elephant), and any of my pets. I'd rather have my dog eat my dead corpse than myself eating my dog, just so i would not live with the trauma of killing my own pet. As for the endangered animals, well, THERE ENDANGERED.

However, I am fine with eating animals bred to eat meat such as pigs, chickens, and cows. Mostly because they were made for us to eat. However, I try my best to avoid eating meat from places that treated their animals poorly.

I also draw the line at eating people and other people's pets. I mean, I would never eat a man's pet chicken even though I eat chicken. It's illegal and the pet matters to the person.

Btw I am a liberal Christian, but most of my opinions were formed without the influence of god.

Hello! I'm Chloe, I'm a adult Autistic girl! I have a lot of special interests :3
MagicSpyglass

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zaz » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:00 pm

I don't care what other people eat because that's not my decision, as long as they aren't harming anything (eating endangered animals, pets, etc) but I personally usually only eat chicken and sometimes turkey. Read meat is just gross to me haha
zaz ♦ she/they ♦ <3

buttermilks
ImageImageImage
zaz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby King Andre » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:22 pm

anything that's not a pet or endangered is considered fair game and delicious to me

i mean i admit im curious what dog/cats taste like but thats considered so taboo here and i'd probably have to travel out of country.
King Andre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby agile » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:07 pm

here in australia its common to eat;
      - beef
      - pork
      - lamb
      - chicken/turkey/duck
      - rabbit (bit taboo but still commonly eaten)
      - kangaroo
      - seafood

those who eat felines, canines, or exotic wildlife would most likely be looked down upon.
    i can understand that people enjoy feline and canine meat, however, i dont think i could come to terms with eating animals that i hold close to my heart. recently, my eyes have been opened to the cruelty many animals are exposed to, and it makes me feel guilty. sometimes, it's fine to eat meat -as it is a main source of protein- but i would prefer if animals were harvested in a more humane manner. it's disgusting what happens to poor innocent animals daily. over here, it's common that dogs will eat a variety of meats, such as horse, rabbit, chicken, pork, lamb, and pretty much every common meat you can name. meat is a huge part of our society, and the average australian would most likely eat meat once (or more) a day.

**recommend kangaroo if you haven't tried it! from my memory, it tasted quite good!
agile

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starlit sky » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:11 pm

Last edited by starlit sky on Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
starlit sky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby b(l)inged » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:35 am

I draw the line at endangered species and cannibalism. Anything else is fair game.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
She/her pronouns.
PMs are always open
if you wanna talk.

art stop credit
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
b(l)inged

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jpjamz » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:39 pm

I draw the line at "domesticated" animals. Dogs, cats, domestic bunnies (not the same as wild), etc.. I also would never eat squirrel, just because I used to have a pet squirrel. That would just be wrong, man :lol:

I have tried shark kabob at the state fair once! It doesn't have much taste. I'd also like to try alligator and rabbit. I'm pretty much open to anything that isn't an in-house pet.
Image pisces sun,
ㅤtaurus rising,
ㅤpisces moon

Image autistic
Image any pronouns!!
Image writer
jpjamz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Karssia » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:53 pm

I wouldn't eat any felines or canines, but everything else I don't have a problem with trying ^^U Oh, except for insects but just because I hate them, and I'm scared of most of them ^^U Here some people eat snails but I've never tried them because I find it disgusting.

P.S. Rabbit here is fairly common, I like it.
Image~May the bridges I burn light the way~Image
ImageImageImage
Karssia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ∘Raven∘ » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:00 pm

Interesting topic of discussion.
Personally, like many others here, I wouldn't eat cats or dogs. But the other things I won't eat are dolphins, whales, and horses. It just doesn't sit right with me. Not only are they incredibly intelligent animals, but many studies have shown how harmful it is to consume them.

I mostly only eat chicken and venison (deer/antelope/stag) Much, much healthier for you.
Kindness costs you nothing.
∘Raven∘

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me