Where do you draw the line?

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Where do you draw the line?

Postby duckez » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:59 am

I wouldn't eat a dog or anything because I'm not used to it and I have two of them. But I don't see why people shouldn't eat them if they want to. If people eat pigs, why not dogs? I agree that they shouldn't be treated horribly and trapped in tiny cages like they are in some places, but pigs are just as intelligent as dogs and people don't freak out as much about them.
ImageImage
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image ImageImage ImageImage
duckez

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ruthless » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:57 am

x
Last edited by ruthless on Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
ruthless

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sixx O'Clock » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:08 am

I personally only really eat poultry, and occasionally pork and beef. I can't eat much red meat because my stomach can't process it properly. I've actually never eaten anything much "weirder" than that. I've never tried duck, I tried deer jerky once but didn't like it, my uncle tricked me into eating cow tongue and heart once and it was gross, and I'm not really a fan of sea food aside from crab, salmon, and tuna.
I own a dog and three cats, and a gecko, and I'm also of the mindset that I'd never eat anything that I've owned as a pet, so I could never imagine eating one of those animals as an everyday thing. I can understand eating what you need to to survive, though. I'm completely fine with hunting as long as all, or at least most, of the animal is used in some way.
Even though the thought of other countries eating domesticated house pets makes me uneasy, I'm not going to pretend I can tell them what not to eat and such, it's their decision.

x
x
x

───────────────
ImageImageImage
Sixx | she/they
Yesterday is History,
Tomorrow is a Mystery,
But Today is a gift,
That's why it's called
The Present

───────────────