Lost my kitty, need cheering up

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Lost my kitty, need cheering up

Postby prettykittythekitten » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:16 am

So like two weeks ago, my cat Lover got out. Every time I put up posters, it rains, even if the weather said clear skies. I'm not worried about him, but there's reason. I adopted him from my local humane society when he was almost 2 years old, and he had been a stray up until I took him home. He isn't declawed for this exact reason. So I know he's taking care of himself and knows how to look for cars and feed himself and all that. But the kicker is that he is my registered support companion (more for renting purposes, but I do have a mental history that calls for one). So the past few days have sucked. I even started smoking again I'm so stressed out and I quit months ago.

So basically what I'm asking for is some cheering up, pet style. I'm looking for your cute/funny pet stories, memes/Tumblr posts, etc.

I'll even provide one of my own.

I have two paired love birds, Lovely and Birdley (haha geddit like love bird hahaha my mom and I are funny), but we used to only have one (Lovely was the first). For like a year, I had my own best friend who would follow me around and go for walks around the block with me (she was too attached to me to fly away).

She could be kinda mean and possessive though. She had to be with us at the dinner table when we are or she would squawk obnoxiously and anger our entire neighbourhood. She always had to be around someone in my family at all times.

So my mom has this brilliant plan of getting a second one for her to pair with so that she'd be a little less violently obsessed with us. They hit it off and after a couple of days Lovely and Birdley lived in the same cage.

Well Birdley didn't like us. So very quickly Lovely didn't either. Now neither of our birds will kiss us or cuddle with us or want anything to do with us. They bite. My mom's plan worked a little too well...

I also have a lab/German Shepard mix named Boo (her middle name is Radley and she has severe anxiety and she's fat), a lab/basset hound mix named Dakota (he has the body of a lab but the legs of a hound so sometimes we call him Cotton Hill and tell people he got his legs blew off in Nam), a Shepard/rott (?) mix named Izzy (we took her in after my mom's friend got diagnosed with stage four leukemia), a tuxedo cat named Sylvia who shows her affection by biting and attacking (her middle name is Cath, she the punny kitty version of Sylvia Plath (my mother and I are book nerds), and a hedgehog named Lucius who literally hates everything that isn't me, yellow dandelions (the puffy ones scare him), mealworms, or climbing trees (he's named after my favourite character from my favourite M. Night Shyamalan film and hedgehogs are my favourite animal). We basically have a menagerie of pets with attitude and/or mental problems.
prettykittythekitten

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Lost my kitty, need cheering up

Postby Marley.&.Me » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:04 pm

my baby Tigger, he's 7 years old and i saved him at 1 month from a abusive owner.

he doesn't like people he doesn't know (who can blame him)?
Marley.&.Me

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tortilla » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:08 pm

aw, I lost my cat about 2 years ago. I'm not going to say what happened because we don't need anymore sadness. But i understand! Your kitty is probably hanging out with other cats and happy! Maybe he'll come back. My cat always found his way back home at dinner time. His name was Garfield and you can imagine why. He was fat,orange,lazy and loved food. I miss him alot but I hope yours comes back! My 2 dogs are the things that keep me happy! They are literal walking memes c:
Tortilla

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ember Horse » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:49 am

My American Staffordshire Terrier/Pitbull Bella

My Russian Blue Smokey

My gerbils Potato Chip and Oreo (Lol, I know, i'm really bad with gerbil names!)

My cat Simba

I'm sorry about your cat! I hoe you will find him/her soon! I'm sure she okay, and I know you are upset, but smoking isn't gonna find your cat! I would call every animal shelter in your area to see if they have her, make more fliers, and look around your area a bit! I doubt she could have gone far, and It's good thing that your cat is not declawed! When you find it, if you haven't already,
give your cat a collar with your phone number and adress on it so if your cat ever goes missing again, someone can bring your cat fight to you if they have found him/her!
Ember Horse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby avocados » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:37 am

Aww I hope you find your cat soon! Don't give up! He's somewhere out there! Here's a picture of my beagle and my cat sleeping together. We adopted Lucky, the cat from a no kill shelter. He's blind on one eye and has been in the adoption center for over 4 years, so we decided to give him a good home. He turned out the be the sweetest kitty. I adopted Bella, the dog around 3 months ago, and she just likes to cuddle with Lucky. I have 3 more cats, but I can never get a picture that's not blurry of them ;-;
╔═══════════════╗
send me trades!

toyhouse
╚═══════════════╝
avocados

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby prettykittythekitten » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:40 am

Awe, they're all so cute.

@Hazza My first cat was abused, hated children and men, but was fine with adult women. And he's a cutie, tabbies are one of my favourites.

@Tortilla Ahahahaha man I totally get that, I often claim my life is straight out of a teen lit drama book with a manic grunge pixie dream girl as the main character, menagerie included.

@¢нєяσкєє нσяѕє I love pits, they're so sweet and dopey. Someday I want to get a Russian Blue and name him Putin ( don't agree with his policies, just like his name, and his favourite animal is cats). And my sister-in-law has a rat named Caramel Milkshake, so I get it.

@avocados That's adorable. My dogs have always been scared of cats. It's like they understood that the cats were gods and they were just friends XD But Izzy and Sylvia both really want to cuddle with Lucius but they scare him and that scares them.

Update on Lover: So when my best friend and I were putting up posters, we talked to some people outside their house about him, but it was right after we put up our last poster so we didn't have one to give to them. But they ended up finding him in their bushes and took him in. They had him for a few days but all of the posters got washed away hours after I put them up so they couldn't get into contact with me. Then he got out of their house (seriously, my cat must be Houdini reincarnate). Well they saw my friend at a concert and told her this and wanted her to make sure I knew he had been fine when they found him, no injuries and seemingly well fed. So just wanted to let you guys know as well. Still searching, but at least he's good at being a stray XD
prettykittythekitten

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Marley.&.Me » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:59 am

prettykittythekitten wrote:Awe, they're all so cute.

@Hazza My first cat was abused, hated children and men, but was fine with adult women. And he's a cutie, tabbies are one of my favourites.

@Tortilla Ahahahaha man I totally get that, I often claim my life is straight out of a teen lit drama book with a manic grunge pixie dream girl as the main character, menagerie included.

@¢нєяσкєє нσяѕє I love pits, they're so sweet and dopey. Someday I want to get a Russian Blue and name him Putin ( don't agree with his policies, just like his name, and his favourite animal is cats). And my sister-in-law has a rat named Caramel Milkshake, so I get it.

@avocados That's adorable. My dogs have always been scared of cats. It's like they understood that the cats were gods and they were just friends XD But Izzy and Sylvia both really want to cuddle with Lucius but they scare him and that scares them.

Update on Lover: So when my best friend and I were putting up posters, we talked to some people outside their house about him, but it was right after we put up our last poster so we didn't have one to give to them. But they ended up finding him in their bushes and took him in. They had him for a few days but all of the posters got washed away hours after I put them up so they couldn't get into contact with me. Then he got out of their house (seriously, my cat must be Houdini reincarnate). Well they saw my friend at a concert and told her this and wanted her to make sure I knew he had been fine when they found him, no injuries and seemingly well fed. So just wanted to let you guys know as well. Still searching, but at least he's good at being a stray XD

same with tigger he doesn't like children or men he doesn't know.

i'm a man, but i saved him so we've been inseparable
Marley.&.Me

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kiwi Cake ✿◕ ‿ ◕✿ » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:29 pm

Will my little baby cheer you up? .3.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Kiwi Cake ✿◕ ‿ ◕✿

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CorgiLicious » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:15 pm

http://imgur.com/a/uRpto

Here's an album of my dog and cat begging for steak c: (I gave it to them after :P)
HI :3
CorgiLicious

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Air Catcher » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:09 pm

That is quite sad - I do hope you find him! Kitties always have a way of finding their way back home, though, so fingers crossed!
i don't believe in fairy tales, but i believe in you & me
Air Catcher

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me