Bear Lovers United・ ᴥ ・

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Bear Lovers United・ ᴥ ・

Postby paleosuchus » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:33 am

Bump!
Selene . they/them
aries . adult
Hoarding the Halloween’22 gummy snakes!
Stay foolish to Stay sane

Pet's name: Gumsworth, Lord of the Gumlings
credit . link . hoard
paleosuchus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby paleosuchus » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:17 pm

Some Bear News to check out:

Bears Burned In A Wildfire are Healed, Vets Used Fish Skin as an Eco-friendly Bandage:
http://www.ksby.com/story/37540766/two- ... -treatment

Sick Kodiak Bear Gives a Real-Live Bear Hug!:
https://news.nationalgeographic.com/201 ... -york-spd/

In Unhappier news:
Pyeongchang chooses an Ironic Mascot:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/w ... 344290002/
Selene . they/them
aries . adult

credit . link . hoard
paleosuchus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby paleosuchus » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:31 am

boop
Selene . they/them
aries . adult

credit . link . hoard
paleosuchus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby paleosuchus » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:22 am

bump
Selene . they/them
aries . adult

credit . link . hoard
paleosuchus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Frostwolf242 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:20 am

I think bears are really cool! I've seen three wild bears in my lifetime, one in a field when I was driving along, and a mother and her cub ran across the road behind me (I was in a car that time too, lol) I think this page here you have is really neat! I'll have to check out all the information you've put up ^_^

(: Hello! My name is Frostwolf242, but you can call me Frosty! :)
(: I always love making new friends! :)
(: Trade me! :)
(: Avatar creator! :)

Frostwolf242

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby paleosuchus » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:44 am

Frostwolf242 wrote:I think bears are really cool! I've seen three wild bears in my lifetime, one in a field when I was driving along, and a mother and her cub ran across the road behind me (I was in a car that time too, lol) I think this page here you have is really neat! I'll have to check out all the information you've put up ^_^

Thank you for stopping by! I've never seen a wild bear before so I think that's really awesome how many you've seen. The mother and cub sounds so cool <3
Selene . they/them
aries . adult

credit . link . hoard
paleosuchus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mcr » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:45 am

d-did someone say,,, bears?? ;v;

i LOVE bears in every way, their like, the best things to me. ive seen a few at my local Northwest Trek, but no where else sadly ;_; i even have a whole herd of bear plushies piled on my bed!! ((im way to old for plushies but hey, their bear plushies, who wouldnt love them?? ;v;))
mcr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Frostwolf242 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:03 am

honeybears wrote:
Frostwolf242 wrote:I think bears are really cool! I've seen three wild bears in my lifetime, one in a field when I was driving along, and a mother and her cub ran across the road behind me (I was in a car that time too, lol) I think this page here you have is really neat! I'll have to check out all the information you've put up ^_^

Thank you for stopping by! I've never seen a wild bear before so I think that's really awesome how many you've seen. The mother and cub sounds so cool <3

I used to live in a pretty rural area, so bears around there are pretty common! Just the other day, a bear broke into my grandmas trash! They’re pretty tricky creatures ^_^

(: Hello! My name is Frostwolf242, but you can call me Frosty! :)
(: I always love making new friends! :)
(: Trade me! :)
(: Avatar creator! :)

Frostwolf242

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NinjaGerbil » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:06 am

Hi! Noticed this thread on the home page and thought'd I'd share something! I adopted some polar bears last christmas with the WWF, and here's the news from my summer report:

My first bear, who is known by her tag number, has apparently been hunting on glacial ice in fjords rather than sea ice, but apart from this strange behavior she's doing great. Even better, as her collar signals have been coming from the same spot for some time, it's quite possible she's preparing a den for having cubs!

My second bear (also named by tag number) has become a bit of a mystery- after making a long swim back to land and reaching a popular denning site, her collar stopped producing signals. It's possible that it slid off after she lost weight, or there was a malfunction with the release mechanism, but either way I do hope she's alright.

My final bear, Isdimma, was previously seen wandering with a male, and the recent signals are all coming from the same location. There's also been a drop in her temperature and lower activity levels, which means it's very likely she's inside a den waiting for cubs to be born! Fingers crossed!

Reports are typically once per season, so it'll be a month or two before I get the next update (it was the same with my snow leopards, so it's not just the polar bears). I hope I can share some more good news with you all then :D
haven't been on in a very long time

anyone who was waiting on me, I'm sorry
NinjaGerbil

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby paleosuchus » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:53 am

NinjaGerbil wrote:Hi! Noticed this thread on the home page and thought'd I'd share something! I adopted some polar bears last christmas with the WWF, and here's the news from my summer report:

My first bear, who is known by her tag number, has apparently been hunting on glacial ice in fjords rather than sea ice, but apart from this strange behavior she's doing great. Even better, as her collar signals have been coming from the same spot for some time, it's quite possible she's preparing a den for having cubs!

My second bear (also named by tag number) has become a bit of a mystery- after making a long swim back to land and reaching a popular denning site, her collar stopped producing signals. It's possible that it slid off after she lost weight, or there was a malfunction with the release mechanism, but either way I do hope she's alright.

My final bear, Isdimma, was previously seen wandering with a male, and the recent signals are all coming from the same location. There's also been a drop in her temperature and lower activity levels, which means it's very likely she's inside a den waiting for cubs to be born! Fingers crossed!

Reports are typically once per season, so it'll be a month or two before I get the next update (it was the same with my snow leopards, so it's not just the polar bears). I hope I can share some more good news with you all then :D

Sorry I'm seeing this months later :lol: This is awesome! I haven't sponsored a bear before but this has made me curious about it :) Do you have any updates? Did Isdimma have cubs?
Selene . they/them
aries . adult

credit . link . hoard
paleosuchus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes