Raising awareness about recycling Discussion Thread {V.1}

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Raising awareness about recycling Discussion Thread {V.1}

Postby leiawolfe » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:51 pm

Hello! This is the official topic about raising awareness about plastic, and how it affects so many animals' lives because of our lame actions of not recycling. I had the courage to make this thread just after my grandmother showed me a video of a group of thousands of albatrosses in the pacific, dying because of how much plastic we just dump onto the streets. I think this is absolutely horrifying. What are your opinions?

Please; stop this from happening! Let these
animals live in peace and happiness!

Don't let this happen because of your actions of not putting plastic in the recycle ♻️ bin:

Rules/Guidelines wrote:1. No being mean/rude to each other.
2. You can have arguments, but again, no being rude, and you have to have a valid reason.

FAQ
What can I do to help?
It's really simple. Just put your plastic into the recycling bin and you can use the banners below on your signature to spread the word to other CS users!

Current banners for your signature
Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=3432202&p=108614448#p108614448][img]http://mbmfiles.com/Apr2017/170417-eLjLdV2UW-p.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=3432202][img]http://mbmfiles.com/Apr2017/170417-noz_cFYgTa87.gif[/img][/url]

[URL=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=3432202&p=108614448#p108614448][IMG]http://mbmfiles.com/May2017/170520-I4xIm1JtdKFB.png[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=3432202&p=108614448#p108614448][IMG]http://mbmfiles.com/May2017/170520-V4aGAZ78-N4H.gif[/IMG][/URL]
Last edited by leiawolfe on Sun May 21, 2017 3:29 pm, edited 21 times in total.
leah
australia
she/her
talk to me about anything and everything, my dms are always open !! sig is a wip ^^
leiawolfe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Raising awareness about recycling and how important it i

Postby little sunshine » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:47 pm

I think this is such a great thread and discussion to have! I feel like we all know there is a massive problem with just dumping plastic, but it doesn't effect us directly so people tend to just look away and not think too much about it.
    it's absolutely horrifying and it honestly breaks my heart. those poor animals are innocent and defensless, they wouldn't know how to react when an unknown material meets their eye. how are they to know the dangers it can hold? most pay with their lives just because people are too lazy to recycle and pick up behind themselves.
    these are just my views on it though, so i'd love it if someone else have some input.
:)
little sunshine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Raising awareness about recycling {V.1}

Postby leiawolfe » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:06 pm

I completely agree. Most people just, for example, have a bottle of soft drink and dump it onto the streets. They don't care about the marine life out there that pays their life because of that one person's actions. It's simple - just put your plastic in the recycle bin - it's not much to ask for. Such a small thing can make such a big difference. <3
leah
australia
she/her
talk to me about anything and everything, my dms are always open !! sig is a wip ^^
leiawolfe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cruxich » Mon May 08, 2017 8:17 pm

Ugh, reading this reminds me of one video I saw where scientists were prying out a plastic straw that was lodged in a sea turtles nostril. It was so painful and sad watching it react to the pain, but they were able to get it out. I don't get why people think its OK to toss debris such as plastic that is dangerous to animals anywhere they please. Not only does it make a environment ugly, but it's deadly to animals that can suffocate if a six pack plastic ring gets around their neck, and die if they ingest plastic bags. Plastic bags look a lot like a jellyfish to sea turtles, so they don't realize until it's to late the mistake they made.

People are just selfish, and think they can do anything we want to the earth with no concern or even worry for the other animals that share it with us. On a positive note though, they currently made a natural water bottle that is water in a edible gel shell. All you have to do is put it in your mouth and bite down, or simply tear it open and drink the water. Their goal is to cut down the use of water bottles, and maybe in a few years water bottles will be replaced with the gel things.

I'm glad there are still people who care about the whole problem and are trying their best to help.
Cruxich

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luzien » Thu May 11, 2017 1:31 am

That is really nice that you did open this thread, its a very important discussion!! :D
It i absolutely great that you had the courage to make this thread ,after your grandmother showed you this video of a group of thousands of albatrosses in the pacific, dying because of how much plastic we just dump onto the streets.

I also think this is absolutely horrifying what we do ...to out only home we have :!: :!: :!: :!:

@ Cruxich
do you have a link to this bottle, the name maybe?.... that sounds interesting :thumbup: from what plant or such did they do the gel for the bottle?

i also did see once a short video clip how some try to help the nature and us.....
one was about a student...or did he already start this as teenager... who build a more or less easy system to collect plastic and such out of the water and bring it to a collector or what ever, next to it, where people clear it out to recyle it, every other day or week..it does swim when i remember it right more or less freely over the water ...ocean or sea....

and some other nice things!

i still find it sick when i walk with my dog and have to see here and there plastic, and other human house or car "dirt" to say it easy without listening up the things......simple thrown away... a little forest where more and more dirt is, a street and so on...
its so terrible sad....
a paper tissue here or there...because it will rot...sure one day... but till then there will be more next to it and some plastic and so on as other think "when there is already some Thing nobody will care when one Thing more...."

i once did see a Person stop there car and throw out Stones and such from a house or so, he did try to put out more but i got near enough to try taking a pic and he did see me and raced away...it was sad i was still to much away to get more than a unclear pic, so no use for police....

--> But one Thing we all can do:

My parents once did this with a Group of other people for some years, they got together once a year and cleared a forest and a meadow and some other areas from plastic bottles and such..they got together so much plastic, glass and metal parts and whatever ....
why not do this too :!: its a good beginning

also to buy reusable shopping bags....Reusable Grocery Canvas Bag, or such^^, as you can use them often when shopping....less plastic when Shopping....
Please klick them or they will die°°!!!
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Image-Image--Image-Image-Image
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cruxich » Thu May 11, 2017 12:39 pm

@Luzien It's known as Ooho!, and its made by Skipping Rocks lab. The gel covering is made of brown algae and a calcium chloride base, making it safe for human consumption.
---------
I'm not really active on here all that much lol, unless there's an on-site event going on.
--------
ImageImage
Cruxich

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leiawolfe » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:58 pm

Cruxich wrote:@Luzien It's known as Ooho!, and its made by Skipping Rocks lab. The gel covering is made of brown algae and a calcium chloride base, making it safe for human consumption.

Ah, yes! Here's a video about Ooho!
leah
australia
she/her
leiawolfe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Raising awareness about recycling Discussion Thread {V.

Postby Luzien » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:09 pm

´Thank you for the answer :D

--> i think i found someething interesting on Amazon...
A reusable and machine washable paper towel roll, whose single sheet you can wash for some time (they say 100times), and then throw away and it will be easy compostable ,... they are from bamboo . its a lot bether than the normal throw away paper as they say ^^

Does someoe use this and are they really any good :?:

--> and also, as i was looking for picnic Utensil or such ,for a event i may help with, i found some plates made from fallen Palm leafs or birchwood and cutlery from birchwood too...where funny and nice^^
are there other from other natural fibres that are any good and not to high prized :?:

and do you know what is strange...
that when you buy natural earthfriendly grown fruit and such and try to life healthy and good for nature, they still sell those things in plastic....why??
Please klick them or they will die°°!!!
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Image-Image--Image-Image-Image
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leiawolfe » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:12 pm

Luzien wrote:´Thank you for the answer :D

--> i think i found someething interesting on Amazon...
A reusable and machine washable paper towel roll, whose single sheet you can wash for some time (they say 100times), and then throw away and it will be easy compostable ,... they are from bamboo . its a lot bether than the normal throw away paper as they say ^^

Wow! That's really awesome, I must go searching for that XD
leah
australia
she/her
leiawolfe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ivory. » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:57 am

There's a cool app for encouraging picking up litter and tracking your impact called Litterati if anyone is interested ^^;
ivory.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me