Rabbit Owner Chat V.2

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

What do you have rabbits for?

I don't own a rabbit (YET!)
28%
My rabbits are companion pets!
48%
I raise show rabbits!
10%
I use rabbits as a food source
6%
I use them for wool! *starts knitting*
3%
Other...
5%

Total votes : 432

Re: Rabbit Owner Chat V.2

Postby 'Possum » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:30 am

peachypawsy wrote:
    hi everyone!!! i have a really pretty bunny!
    she's tan, white, and light grey all mixed together

i named her august, and her nicknames are summer and september
    picture of her; https://prnt.sc/i0ww6g

She is a beautiful girl!
Looks like a Harlequin.
'Possum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ayyyhh please delete » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:49 am

'Possum wrote:She is a beautiful girl!
    Looks like a Harlequin.

AWW thank you!!! i agree
    she is suuuuper pretty, she doesn't look like any of the other bunnies we have !!
ayyyhh please delete

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leiawolfe » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:38 pm

Hi there! So if you didn't know, me, my sister and my mum went on a holiday to Japan for two and a half weeks and my dad was left to look after Aura. We came back to Australia today, and on the ride home my dad said, "oh and by the way Leah, Aura's been kind of lethargic today/the past few days and she had diarrhoea."

This was obviously not what I wanted to hear and it looked like my dad had given her a tad too many pellets and maybe not enough greens ??

When we came back she wasn't that lethargic anymore though because, if i do say so myself, I think she was depressed cause she missed me?
I've given her more hay and I changed her water and she ate a little bit of garden herbs but she's been eating more hay-mix and pellets? I'm wondering if I should take away her hay mix and pellets and just leave her with water and hay (and greens?) until she stops having diarrhoea?
I wouldn't consider this medical information by the way, I was just wondering on your opinion~

Thank you for any answers!!
-Oh and also should I let her lick her butt if she has diarrhoea....
^
EDIT: I realised that when she was 'licking her butt' she was actually pulling fluff out as well because the poop is stuck to her butt and she's trying to get it off, so I think she's eating that fluff too....!
leah
australia
she/her
talk to me about anything and everything, my dms are always open !! sig is a wip ^^
leiawolfe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 'Possum » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:47 am

LeiaWolfe wrote:Hi there! So if you didn't know, me, my sister and my mum went on a holiday to Japan for two and a half weeks and my dad was left to look after Aura. We came back to Australia today, and on the ride home my dad said, "oh and by the way Leah, Aura's been kind of lethargic today/the past few days and she had diarrhoea."

This was obviously not what I wanted to hear and it looked like my dad had given her a tad too many pellets and maybe not enough greens ??

When we came back she wasn't that lethargic anymore though because, if i do say so myself, I think she was depressed cause she missed me?
I've given her more hay and I changed her water and she ate a little bit of garden herbs but she's been eating more hay-mix and pellets? I'm wondering if I should take away her hay mix and pellets and just leave her with water and hay (and greens?) until she stops having diarrhoea?
I wouldn't consider this medical information by the way, I was just wondering on your opinion~

^
EDIT: I realised that when she was 'licking her butt' she was actually pulling fluff out as well because the poop is stuck to her butt and she's trying to get it off, so I think she's eating that fluff too....!

I've always free fed all of my bunns pellets and a handful of hay each day. If anything I'd just not give her any extra veggies or leafy greens for a few days till she straightens out.

As far as her licking her butt... and this goes along with the diarrhea...when you say diarrhea, do you mean actual runny stool? Or is it just soft wet bunny pellets? Do you know about cecotropes? The softer stinky bunny pellets that all rabbits produce and are supposed to eat to re colonize their gut flora so they can properly process the cellulose and high fiber diet they eat. If it's actually this softer bunny poop, she's supposed to eat it. If it IS actually runny stool and it's sticking to her butt fluff, be thankful she's cleaning it off herself. Otherwise her butt would get really nasty and you'd have to clean it. (speaking from experience, this is NOT fun DX)
'Possum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leiawolfe » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:23 am

'Possum wrote:
LeiaWolfe wrote:Hi there! So if you didn't know, me, my sister and my mum went on a holiday to Japan for two and a half weeks and my dad was left to look after Aura. We came back to Australia today, and on the ride home my dad said, "oh and by the way Leah, Aura's been kind of lethargic today/the past few days and she had diarrhoea."

^

I've always free fed all of my bunns pellets and a handful of hay each day. If anything I'd just not give her any extra veggies or leafy greens for a few days till she straightens out.

As far as her licking her butt... and this goes along with the diarrhea...when you say diarrhea, do you mean actual runny stool? Or is it just soft wet bunny pellets? Do you know about cecotropes? The softer stinky bunny pellets that all rabbits produce and are supposed to eat to re colonize their gut flora so they can properly process the cellulose and high fiber diet they eat. If it's actually this softer bunny poop, she's supposed to eat it. If it IS actually runny stool and it's sticking to her butt fluff, be thankful she's cleaning it off herself. Otherwise her butt would get really nasty and you'd have to clean it. (speaking from experience, this is NOT fun DX)

Lol thank you! And yeah, now that you mention it, I feel like they are actually lots of cecotropes? I mean they look squishy and they stink XD I'm pretty sure before she was actually having diarrhea but now she isn't as much as far as I can tell. I'll clean out her litter tray (very soiled since yesterday and my dad only changed it the day before??) and see if there's any round poops/cecotropes in it this time.

Thank you so much c:
leah
australia
she/her
talk to me about anything and everything, my dms are always open !! sig is a wip ^^
leiawolfe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 'Possum » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:59 pm

Good luck! I hope she's gonna be ok for you. <3
I know I drive myself nuts with my guys sometimes. worrying about them.
'Possum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _breezy_star_ » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:35 am

Sometimes I just wanna cry because he's so cute. :lol:
When I let him out to run around when I'm cleaning his cage, he loves to jump into my bookshelves. lol

- ANIMAL MOMMY -
๐Ÿถ Ginger . Brody
๐Ÿฑ Kieran . Delaney . Ian
๐Ÿญ Dorian
๐Ÿฐ Beau . Davey . Juniper . Sorren

ImageImage Image
_breezy_star_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rose.bloom » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:32 pm

Hopefully purchasing the hutch this weekend! Might be delayed because I have two surf competitions, but I while see! I won't be getting the actually bunny until February I'm guessing because that's when the filming for a thing I'm in ends and I'm super busy right now with rehearsal.
rose.bloom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby andy; » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:31 am

Hey guys, kinda in urgent need for some kind of assistance.
Ollie has been outside in his hutch for only a day, and upon checking on him this morning he looks like this:
Attachments
IMG_8061.JPG
IMG_8061.JPG (87.72 KiB) Viewed 118 times

๐ฐ๐ก๐ž๐ง ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ'๐ซ๐ž ๐ ๐จ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ญ๐จ ๐œ๐ก๐š๐ง๐ ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐จ๐ซ๐ฅ๐

Image Image Image

andy - they/he - adult - psychology
โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”“
hey all! andy here! i've been an
infrequent cs user since 2013.
this site has always brought comfort,
so i'm back to see how things are going!
โ”—โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”›
๐๐จ๐ง'๐ญ ๐š๐ฌ๐ค ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐ฉ๐ž๐ซ๐ฆ๐ข๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ข๐จ๐ง
andy;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me