Rabbit Owner Chat V.2

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

What do you have rabbits for?

I don't own a rabbit (YET!)
28%
My rabbits are companion pets!
48%
I raise show rabbits!
10%
I use rabbits as a food source
6%
I use them for wool! *starts knitting*
3%
Other...
5%

Total votes : 432

Re: Rabbit Owner Chat V.2

Postby Raire » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:42 am

@.Middy.
Oh no! D:
How is the tiny bean now? *crossing fingers for it*

@Defiant Zebra
Poor Percy! Do you have pictures of the three cutiepies (and their parents)? :3
I bet he will live a happy life if you think about making him a wheelchair.

@spectacular.
Such cute beans ;w; ♥
I'm very bad with names, did you find some nice ones yet?

@Covatier
Cute boi, he looks adorable.

~

Tikki is finally back to normal after her false pregnancy and the nest is mostly gone by now, so no kits here, phew.
All of the buns are getting more relaxed around me, I can even touch Flip by now (albeit shortly, he doesn't like pets as much as the others).
_________ Image

# If you have any question or problem, please send us a help ticket

:: avatar picture by Tanja Askani :: signature by Jayfrost ::
Raire
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gamorasass » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:45 am

Raire wrote:Tikki is finally back to normal after her false pregnancy and the nest is mostly gone by now, so no kits here, phew.
All of the buns are getting more relaxed around me, I can even touch Flip by now (albeit shortly, he doesn't like pets as much as the others).

*inhales deeply*
      LOOK AT HIM HES ON HIS LITTLE PEETS LOOKING AT YOU
      Ugh, I'm so jealous! They look like super happy buns. I'm glad the false pregnancy went okay! Those photos are really amazing. I'm sure they would be Instagram famous! Or Youtube famous if you started PetTube xD

♕── IT'S JUST SOME]XXX
      XXXXUNSPOKEN THING

just you average marvel nerd &
      starmora enthusiast living life as
      a full time working cat mom!
      LIGHTS OFF!

┌──────────────────┐
      service dog chat job chat
      └──────────────────┘
gamorasass

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Middy. » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:53 am

Getting a few new buns on vacation next week! This girl for sure, and a buck that I haven’t decided on yet. I’m leaning towards the one that was my old boys half brother though. Their dad was the bunny involved in me meeting my best friend, so having one last piece of him with me would be cool. Might go ahead and buy a brood doe too so I have a trio of each breed, I haven’t decided yet lol

Unfortunately the little on Did not make it. It wiggled to the corner of the box away from the fur, and got chilled. I managed to bring it back again, but shortly after it was warmed up it passed. I’ll be rebreeding both does soon.
.Middy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spectacular. » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:03 am

@raire
i only have one or two so far including tulip and marrygold but other than that i am really bad at names too.
lol.

@.middy.
are you breeding for show or other.
if show id recommend buying whatever is the best in your area.
spectacular.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luzien » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:26 pm

flower names...
viola, rose, juniper, hyacinth, scarlet pimpernel, Canna, hebe, poppie,pansy, chrysanthe, snowdrop, thistle, magnolia
Please klick them or they will die°°!!!
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Image-Image--Image-Image-Image
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Middy. » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:43 am

Spectacular- I’m not necessarily breeding for show with the harlies. Though with harlies even two badly marked rabbits can throw nicely marked showable babies lol. So if they do throw better than them I may work towards keeping nicer rabbits and maybe get into showing them one day. Not my main concern though.
.Middy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lennamoo » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:45 am

ooooo

Could I join?

I got one broken blue holland lop buck! He is only 4 months old, but he is so cute!
he loves apples and strawberry leaves. His only entertaminent is humans because everytime I get him a new toy he is not instristed or if I leave him alone with the new toy for like 5 minutes I come back and its broken! :lol:

I let my bunny out every day for atleast 2 hours!
[Hello! Im Lennamoo]
[I love birds, bunnies, and dogs!]

Rarest pet owned: Sunjewel

"Flip the pan, with egg." - Lennamoo

Pets: 1 lovebird, and 1 holland lop bunny!
Lennamoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spectacular. » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:17 am

i forgot to share this picture but i bought myself a flemish giant.
shes eight weeks old and already bigger then my brood mini rex does!
shes in training to become a therapy animal so fingers crossed that works out.
spectacular.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaniVik » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:28 am

Hey guys!

I don't know if anyone knows me, it's been ages since I've been on the old rabbit owner chat :silent:
Last time I wrote I owned Monty, Kovu, Jumper, Princess, Kiara and Kiano. A lot happened since then...

I had 2 groups of rabbits back then, Kovu and Kiano lived together and the other 4.
November 2016 we had to put down Jumper :( he had osteoporosis and got some medication, but the vet said he wouldn't get better and so we just tried to give him a nice life as long as he feels good. He actually was very happy and without pain, but one evening I just found him laying on the floor, unable to move :( he could just move his head a little and so we decided to let him go, most possibly he broke his back, but we didn't do another x-ray, as he was already very sick before and we didn't want him to suffer :(

After the others realized he was away, the others started to chase each other around, mostly it was Monty chasing the girls. Jumper was their calm anchor and without him, their harmony was gone. So we decided to get another rabbit, because the other group were 2 bucks and so we couldn't bond them with a girl and we were worried that the girls would fight without Monty.

So we decided to bring home a rabbit that was sold as a breeding buck for meat rabbits. We named him Cookie. He is bigger than my other rabbits, he weights nearly 9 pounds. We got him neutered. Around the same time we got another new rabbit, we had planed getting him before we got Cookie:
Kito was a Baby rabbit we got from a friend. Her female rabbit got a litter and I could choose one because Kiano was the father. Shortly after the bonding of Kovu, Kiano and Kito, Kito died. Since he seemed healthy and we had some RHD 2 deaths in our town we were afraid the virus reached us. So we decided to take Kito to pathology. It was so hard that we couldn't bury him :( the only good news were, that it wasn't RHD 2 and the others were safe. Kito died of coccidia, so the others just got a treatment and were fine.

A little while after that I bonded Cookie to Monty, Kiara and Princess. Sadly that didn't work out, Cookie didn't like Monty at all. But Cookie and the girls got along very well, without any fights and they were much calmer. So I decided to bond Monty to the other 2 boys. Kiano then startet trying to bite the other 2. We got him neutered, Monty and Kovu got along very well and a few weeks after Kianos neutering I tried to get him back to them and it worked great.

Since then I had a few good months with my rabbits, but last october Princess died :( she got GI stasis one morning. We drove to the vet immediatly, but sadly she didn't make it and passed away the same day :(

Just a few days later I found a Baby rabbit who was abandoned in a park. We named him Phönix (german for phoenix), because of the parks name and decided to keep him. He now lives with Cookie and Kiara.

Sadly the fate doesn't look good at the moment. I thought it will get better, but Monty got sick. Possibly he had coccidia for a long while, because they started to destroy his liver :( he is now treated and has no coccidia anymore, but the damage to his liver is done :( he seems good, but he can't get most medications because of that. He also got some Inflammation of his ear. We are treating this at the moment and hope he will get better soon, he seems to be in pain sometimes but he isn't allowed to get pain killers because of his liver :(

And if that wasn't enough Kovu has some swellings on his belly and on his back. 2 little ones are on his back, but as we did an X-Ray we saw that they seem to be calcifications, which isn't bad but will be removed tomorrow. The other one could possibly be a tumor, some fat tissue or muscular tissue. Tomorrow my vet will do a ultrasound scan :( I'm so nervous! He is the son of one of my former rabbits and I have him since his birth, he is my favorite (don't tell the others). If it is a tumor the vet will do a surgery right away to remove it :( I'm heartbroken just by thinking anything could happen to him! :( that's kinda the reason I came back here, cause I need anyone to tell that :(

(Maybe I'll show you some rabbit pictures later or the next days. Kinda to nervous right now to search for them :silent: and sorry for the long text :silent: )
Image & Kiano
DaniVik

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gamorasass » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:01 am

Can someone please direct me to a proper resource for the best setup for a bunny?
      There is a lone bun at a local rescue I want to adopt. But I want to know what the proper spacing would be and if it would be okay to contain little bun in a smaller cage while I'm away at work.

He's an old fella and has been at this rescue for a long time.

♕── IT'S JUST SOME]XXX
      XXXXUNSPOKEN THING

just you average marvel nerd &
      starmora enthusiast living life as
      a full time working cat mom!
      LIGHTS OFF!

┌──────────────────┐
      service dog chat job chat
      └──────────────────┘
gamorasass

My pets
My items