Rabbit Owner Chat V.2

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

What do you have rabbits for?

I don't own a rabbit (YET!)
28%
My rabbits are companion pets!
48%
I raise show rabbits!
10%
I use rabbits as a food source
6%
I use them for wool! *starts knitting*
3%
Other...
5%

Total votes : 432

Re: Rabbit Owner Chat V.2 - FRESH! :)

Postby .Middy. » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:09 pm

I love them, I'm so excited for my first litters! Hoping they give me some decent babies! I lost my favorite buck Murphy awhile back and it killed me. Never even got a litter out of him :( I miss my Murph, but having Linc is helping a lot.

Anyways I am livid today. Came home to my harlie mutt loose in my driveway. It's a miracle I didn't run the poor thing over, it was close. She came to me for a handful of hay luckily so I was able to grab her up.

Someone litterally came fully up onto my property, saw where her cage was mostly hidden, took her water bowl out of her cage, let her loose, and then shut the cage back :/
.Middy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xiangling » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:17 am

.Middy. wrote:I love them, I'm so excited for my first litters! Hoping they give me some decent babies! I lost my favorite buck Murphy awhile back and it killed me. Never even got a litter out of him :( I miss my Murph, but having Linc is helping a lot.

Anyways I am livid today. Came home to my harlie mutt loose in my driveway. It's a miracle I didn't run the poor thing over, it was close. She came to me for a handful of hay luckily so I was able to grab her up.

Someone litterally came fully up onto my property, saw where her cage was mostly hidden, took her water bowl out of her cage, let her loose, and then shut the cage back :/

Oh my god, that's terrible! If you have a garage, keep her in one when your away. I keep my buns inside when I go away, but place their cage outside once I get back home. Sorry if this wasn't any help.

I once had a situation where Oreo escaped to the road, and I had to run after him. Apparently he had somehow escaped between the bars! Have a good day with your bun buns <3
ଘ(੭*ˊᵕˋ)੭* ੈ♡‧₊˚ potato mochi tastes so much better when you have something to be happy about!

Image sunny Image fifteen Image any/all
xiangling

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Middy. » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:31 am

Don't have a garage, and the barn is currently not housing animals since I need to do some much needed updating to it.

So she's in a cage under this old goat shelter to keep rain and sun off her. I'll be putting a lock on her cage today to keep her safe until I decide what to do with her long term.

Luckily my show buns are inside the house for winter since the barn isn't available. They were safe thankfully
.Middy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xiangling » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:57 am

Soooo... My rabbit, Fluff, died. It made me really sad, and I have no idea what happened. My mother said that Fluff just spazzed out and died-- Do you guys know what could've happened to him? He was a New Zealand White, has had diarrhea before, but that was because of feeding him too many carrots(darn you mother 3:)
ଘ(੭*ˊᵕˋ)੭* ੈ♡‧₊˚ potato mochi tastes so much better when you have something to be happy about!

Image sunny Image fifteen Image any/all
xiangling

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luzien » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:04 am

PuppyGamer261 wrote:Soooo... My rabbit, Fluff, died. It made me really sad, and I have no idea what happened. My mother said that Fluff just spazzed out and died-- Do you guys know what could've happened to him? He was a New Zealand White, has had diarrhea before, but that was because of feeding him too many carrots(darn you mother 3:)

im very sorry for this.
maybe bring him to your vet to let him find out the why, even more so when there are other rabbit in the Cage, that could be sick.
Please klick them or they will die°°!!!
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Image-Image--Image-Image-Image
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kathybunny » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:20 am

Okay, so is there any people(breeders) with Harlequin rabbits or semi-arch. I have been having been feeding mine to help fill them out better, but all the stuff I have tried has not been successful. Any ideas are welcome.... :D
kathybunny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luzien » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:37 pm

kathybunny wrote:Okay, so is there any people(breeders) with Harlequin rabbits or semi-arch. I have been having been feeding mine to help fill them out better, but all the stuff I have tried has not been successful. Any ideas are welcome.... :D

im not sure...why fill them out?
are they for meat rabbit? i think there is special food to buy for those type of rabbit...
But for normal rabbits...not sure, our little ones always where all healthy and happy, maybe ask you vet, they know what to do...maybe they need deworming?
and you could put them on the pasture-meadow, with a big rabbit run...grass is always good and with running around they gain muscle too...with enough hay-straw and grainless feed and water together all day...
Please klick them or they will die°°!!!
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Image-Image--Image-Image-Image
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _breezy_star_ » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:51 pm

kathybunny wrote:Okay, so is there any people(breeders) with Harlequin rabbits or semi-arch. I have been having been feeding mine to help fill them out better, but all the stuff I have tried has not been successful. Any ideas are welcome.... :D

What brand of pellets are you feeding?
Free feed pellets and hay...

- ANIMAL MOMMY -
🐶 Ginger . Brody
🐱 Kieran . Delaney . Ian
🐭 Dorian
🐰 Beau . Davey . Juniper . Sorren

ImageImage Image
_breezy_star_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ᴋʀɪꜱ » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:50 am

I have 16 rabbits on my ranch, we sell them as pets(not meat ever). At one point we had 22, but we've sold some and some have died. ;-;

We don't plan on selling any we currently have or getting more.

🕷
im very inactive
ᴋʀɪꜱ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _breezy_star_ » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:02 am

Anybody have snow? It's cold up here. lol
I hate rabbit raising in the winter months.

- ANIMAL MOMMY -
🐶 Ginger . Brody
🐱 Kieran . Delaney . Ian
🐭 Dorian
🐰 Beau . Davey . Juniper . Sorren

ImageImage Image
_breezy_star_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes