Rabbit Owner Chat V.2

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

What do you have rabbits for?

I don't own a rabbit (YET!)
28%
My rabbits are companion pets!
48%
I raise show rabbits!
10%
I use rabbits as a food source
6%
I use them for wool! *starts knitting*
3%
Other...
5%

Total votes : 432

Re: Rabbit Owner Chat V.2 - FRESH! :)

Postby leiawolfe » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:13 pm

Harlow. wrote:
Hey!
Have't posted here In awhile c:
Last time I was here, I was posting about
How Dixie, And Benidict where adopted before i could get to them.
But Now I am Happily saying that I got 2 Babies!
Willow, And Lola! They are mini Lops c:

Aw, congratulations! C:
Getting a bunny (or bunnIES in your case) is always a wonderful experience ^^
Adorable names, by the way. Aura's middle name is Willow (YES I GAVE MY BUNNY MIDDLE NAMES GET OVER IT PEOPLE c:)
leah
australia
she/her
talk to me about anything and everything, my dms are always open !! sig is a wip ^^
leiawolfe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rabbit Owner C

Postby Burrito Bunny » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:30 pm

Wondering if I can get some tips about bonding rabbits?

A while ago I rescused a bunny, named Jasmine, from a shelter in hopes of a companion for my other rabbit George. Both are fixed. I have been working with the two and we are doing great. They snuggle, groom each other, and the three of us spend long hours sitting together watching tv or reading.

However, whenever it comes to actually putting the two in the same cage, the fights begin to break out. Even when I completely clean out the scent of whichever rabbit usually lives there and rearrange the cage they still begin the fight. I leave their cages side by side so they are used to each other's company. Yet even after cleaning both pens they get into nasty tussels. And I know some fighting is to be expected, but this is too dangerous, they've already gotten my gloves many times with their teeth and refused to let go. Glad that they never managed to get ahold of eachother like that, it woukd have definitely caused a major wound.

So! I was wondering if anyone had any ideas? I've tried bonding in many different situations, and they take eveything else with ease. I'd just like for them to start living together. They do so well together outside if the cage that I have a hard time believing they are incompatible.
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luzien » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:10 am

@ Burrito Bunny

not easy...when we got the new Little Girl to be Partner of the rabbit of my sister and our old one, we simply put the two younger together with our old one in the outdooor run next to them...and in the night we simply put them in the same cage...there where some fights now and then, and the boy who was a year older then the Baby and bigger was a bit mean, but it changed, then she was mean to him as she got older and got the same weight as him, and now the two monster sit together like a fluffy pillow and cuddle snuggle groom together and are cute.... i really did want to kick there tiny fury butts a lot of this times and kick out one or the other when it got to much...so much running and nipping, pulled out fur and then cuddling a moment later the first year...crazy ....but my parents did say, they need to learn, to find there place or the girl needs to go when it des not work...and it did work out.

but there cold or wet season cage is big enough and from Wood so they could jump around and when it got to much she or he did jump on there large sleeping house..and later we put the summer outdoor run-playpen at it so they could go run around even more.

so maybe a new cage with a run-playpen at it? and simply sit it out...it could be only the first 10mins that they do this....
aslong as there is no blood and both have a house with two doors to get out or a place to jump on where only one rabbit can sit to get away from the other for a moment..they will learn to share the indoorcare.....mostlikely...i mean you say they are alright together when outside and that both are fixed is good too so that is not the Problem, it is only the Cage...you may Need one that is with a second prt over it for more space or a bigger one or set up a inddoor run or playpen infront of the that you cleaned fully from any smell...but rabbit smell you nearly never get out of a old coge^^
Please klick them or they will die°°!!!
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Image-Image--Image-Image-Image
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby andy; » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:07 pm

Just wanted to post an update about my rescued lionhead! Olly's doing well. He and I are good friends. He likes sleeping in my lap and giving kisses!
He's not gaining much weight, though. Do any of you know of ways to bulk up your rabbits? His ribs are pretty prominent, so i'm worried.

𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝

Image Image Image

andy - they/he - adult - psychology
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
hey all! andy here! i've been an
infrequent cs user since 2013.
this site has always brought comfort,
so i'm back to see how things are going!
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐚𝐬𝐤 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧
andy;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rose.bloom » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:52 am

After New Years my dad and I will be looking for a rabbit hutch and getting a rabbit! As I've mentioned before it will be a Netherland dwarf or Holland lop. I'm still looking for name ideas! I kind of think Bee is cute but I'd love so more ideas!
rose.bloom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby andy; » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:08 am

Hey, is there anyone here who has experience showing rabbits? Preferably lionheads or netherland dwarfs?
If so, please PM me! I have a couple questions!

𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝

Image Image Image

andy - they/he - adult - psychology
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
hey all! andy here! i've been an
infrequent cs user since 2013.
this site has always brought comfort,
so i'm back to see how things are going!
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐚𝐬𝐤 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧
andy;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ayyyhh please delete » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:37 pm

i have pet bunnies, i love them!!

my grandparents give them to farms, & we used to have one named little tickles!! she'd put her paws up if you tickled her, but we gave her to a farm a while back. ):

ayyyhh please delete

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FayrinPhoenix » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:35 am

~~~

I have a rabbit who is absolutely crazy, and loves eating everything she can get her rabbit paws on. The bedding that I use for her is not very good for me or the cleanliness of my room. I use the crumble Teramigo but it always ends up dusty and gets everywhere in my room. The fans, curtains, desk, EVERYTHING is covered in dust from that bedding. I change it whenever it is needed. It also isn't the prettiest bedding. It really does just look like dirt. I am in need of help as soon as possible!!! Does anyone know a good kind of bedding that won't get everywhere in my room? And is not harmful to my rabbit if she consumes it? I tried using wood shavings (Which is what we use for our guinea pigs, and they are just fine) But as soon as she started to eat at it I immediately changed it out because I feared it would harm her.

~~~

━━━━━
    flightrising
    the name's fay!
    i'm a very friendly
    girl with a love for
    pokemon, drawing, and
    games.
    i'm a trombone player.
    i also love ramen.
    credit

━━━━━

FayrinPhoenix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rose.bloom » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:28 am

What bedding to you all use? I've heard of fleece and im tempted, seems much easier to clean :))
rose.bloom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _breezy_star_ » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:16 am

Happy New Year everyone!

For the cages I have with bedding, I use a mix of aspen shavings and paper bedding... like carefresh.
I love naming animals. lol Sometimes it's easier to meet the rabbit first and go from there.

- ANIMAL MOMMY -
🐶 Ginger . Brody
🐱 Kieran . Delaney . Ian
🐭 Dorian
🐰 Beau . Davey . Juniper . Sorren

ImageImage Image
_breezy_star_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes