Rabbit Owner Chat V.2

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

What do you have rabbits for?

I don't own a rabbit (YET!)
28%
My rabbits are companion pets!
48%
I raise show rabbits!
10%
I use rabbits as a food source
6%
I use them for wool! *starts knitting*
3%
Other...
5%

Total votes : 432

Re: Rabbit Owner Chat V.2

Postby Luzien » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:08 am

good that i could help a little^^ with two i think i did read that you get oh of this breeds^^

thats not bad when one can pull out the bottom to clean it more easy, ;)
we put a large flat plastic tray inside one of our large cage, then you only need to get out the toys and huts and Ffood bowls to take out the bottom and throw away the straw or pellets, maybe have a look at this...
long time we used a real large old wooden dog house that my father build new for the rabbit, maybe this could be an idea, you could use the front opening to let the rabbit out in there run and the top you turn to be the front and you put mostly away (let a small part be as low wall for rabbit and straw staying inside(10cm high) when opening the door) and build a wire door to swing open to one side or both sides, or when you work well you can even swing it so that it is on the top... not easy to tell howthe look was, but it was great, large place, they could jump and run around you could put in a large hut for tthem to sit on or wall walk for extra place to sit..

i once even did think for fun^^ about something like this (maybe with wire close top or Windows(to Keep danger out too) they cant fall down or put head through and maybe a sort of not sliding slide over the stairs and arround it a rabbit run, and tiny door to close them in over night when needed)....cut be funny to try^^ :
Wooden Outdoor Dog House with Balcony and Staircase - Medium
-Large Dog House Lodge with Porch Deck Kennels Crates Solid Fir Wood Spacious Deck for Sunny Nap Insulated Keep Rain Out Outdoor 67w X 31d X 38h
- Porch Pups Dog House, large
-Antique Large Dog House W Roof Solid Wood Penthouse Kennels Crates Duplex 51x43x43 W Balcony & Ez Entrance for Two Dogs. For Outdoor Dog Bed Has a Raised Bottom and Natural Insulation. White Wash
-Boomer & George Wooden Barn Dog House

not sure if this can work, i only once did see something like the one with stairs on site about outdoor rabbit who had something like a large kennel as run and there was something like thi in for rabbit to sun bath, play or hide :lol:
Please klick them or they will die°°!!!
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Image-Image--Image-Image-Image
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kainé » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:23 am

Hey yall. One of my girls started pulling fur and nesting about two days ago. I gave her a box and shes continued to work on the nest, but no babies yet. She has pulled fur before but not as much as now and im wondering if this a false pregnancy or not. I do have bucks near by so one could've gotten to her. They have all been separated. Im just curious how early can a doe start nesting before she gives birth, i would love to hear from anyone with more experience, thank you!
Kainé

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _breezy_star_ » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:24 pm

RabbitFluffy wrote:Hey yall. One of my girls started pulling fur and nesting about two days ago. I gave her a box and shes continued to work on the nest, but no babies yet. She has pulled fur before but not as much as now and im wondering if this a false pregnancy or not. I do have bucks near by so one could've gotten to her. They have all been separated. Im just curious how early can a doe start nesting before she gives birth, i would love to hear from anyone with more experience, thank you!

I've had girls start plucking a week early. Then they just kinda leave it a while and then add to it when they are actually ready. I don't have a lot of experience with true false pregnancy though. Surprisingly, that didn't happen to me.

- ANIMAL MOMMY -
🐶 Ginger . Brody
🐱 Kieran . Delaney . Ian
🐭 Dorian
🐰 Beau . Davey . Juniper . Sorren

ImageImage Image
_breezy_star_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 'Possum » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:49 am

I had one very high strung Netherland Dwarf doe who plucked and kept a nest build constantly for months. Finally she had a litter of kits. I left them with her till they were a few months old. After a few weeks she began nest building again. Plucked herself and started pulling fur from her previous kits as well to add to her nest, though she wasn't pregnant again. Crazy little bunny! lol

Her daughter, Allen, I tried to breed all summer. No kits, no sign of pregnancy, or nest building. Gave up, brought her inside as I wanted her "apartment" in my chicken coop for brooding chicks. Bam! two days later, there's a bundle of fur in the corner of her darn cage with eight kits in it. :what:

Same thing happened with my Flemish Doe, Parsley. Business as usual for the whole month after I got her. Then one day, there was a bundle of fur in the corner of her enclosed box area with seven kits in it.

That's about all the recent experience I have with pregnant does. I think sometimes it depends on their individual temperament. But if you don't see kids within a few weeks of her nest building, I'm gonna say she was just going through the motions.
'Possum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby friends dønt lie. » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:02 am

so i have two rabbits, both holland lops. our breeder told us they were both female, however one of them has started plucking fur. i have bred rabbits before, so i know that plucking fur and building it into a nest is a sign that the rabbit might be pregnant. they are in our basement, so is there any way she is building a nest for herself or something like that? i know it may sound like a ridiculous question, but i really don’t want kits again :)
𝕪𝕖𝕒𝕙...

☁ ☁ ☁

she;her - june 29th
hey there, i'm abby! if
you couldn't tell already, i'm
super obsessed with
stranger things. i also
love it, starbucks,
and pretty much anything
your basic teenage girl
would like. anyway, feel free
to pm me or something whenever,
xxxxx i'd love to chat! xxxxx

coding shop

𝕔𝕣𝕒𝕫𝕪 𝕥𝕠𝕘𝕖𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣
friends dønt lie.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 'Possum » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:39 am

friends dønt lie. wrote:so i have two rabbits, both holland lops. our breeder told us they were both female, however one of them has started plucking fur. i have bred rabbits before, so i know that plucking fur and building it into a nest is a sign that the rabbit might be pregnant. they are in our basement, so is there any way she is building a nest for herself or something like that? i know it may sound like a ridiculous question, but i really don’t want kits again :)

How long have you had them? Could she have been bred when you got her?
That's what happened with my Flemish doe.
'Possum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kainé » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:23 am

Thanks yall! Its been about two weeks now and still nothing, but she has continued to add fur occasionally. Bunnies are crazy little creatures :P I am secretly hoping that she'll have babies, but I guess time will tell.
Kainé

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leiawolfe » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:53 pm

Hello fellow bunny owners!! I'm in Japan for a holiday right now so my dad is taking good care of Aura. Though I have a bit of a problem.... now Aura knows that he is the one who feeds her, and takes care of her, and lets her out. I feel like she definitely loves him now, and, well, might forget about me XD and I have to admit I'm super jealous :?

Anyway, I'm just getting texts from my friend saying she's getting 2 Netherland Dwarfs about 1 year old. But the thing I'm super worried about is that her mum smokes. If her mum breathes on the bunnies (I might be over-reacting I'm not sure) will that harm them? Or if she is smoki nearby and the bunnies smell it? I'm just really scared and annoyed about this, thank you for any help.
leah
australia
she/her
talk to me about anything and everything, my dms are always open !! sig is a wip ^^
leiawolfe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rose.bloom » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:45 pm

I am slowly but surely moving the ball along for my bunny!

I am currently making a pretty tough decision. My parents have agreed to pay for the hutch and accessories if I pay for the bunny. I have found a local breeder, who's bunny's are a decent prize though she seems a bit sketchy, and a breeder far away who seems very professional and has good prices but I would have to pay a lot extra to fly my bun out to my state.

We'll see what happens but I'm leaning towards the out of state breeder. She just had a litter of holland lops with my favorite coloring's, magpie, all white and harlequin! I'm leaning and praying that I'll be able to get my hands on one from this litter! Wish me luck with all of this!

Current names list....(females) elsa, mabel, madeline, (males) toby, bugsy. Drop some more cute names for me!
rose.bloom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ayyyhh please delete » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:14 am

hi everyone!!! i have a really pretty bunny!
    she's tan, white, and light grey all mixed together

i named her august, and her nicknames are summer and september
    picture of her; https://prnt.sc/i0ww6g
ayyyhh please delete

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me