Rabbit Owner Chat V.2

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

What do you have rabbits for?

I don't own a rabbit (YET!)
28%
My rabbits are companion pets!
48%
I raise show rabbits!
10%
I use rabbits as a food source
6%
I use them for wool! *starts knitting*
3%
Other...
5%

Total votes : 432

Re: Rabbit Owner Chat V.2 - FRESH! :)

Postby leiawolfe » Sat May 20, 2017 9:23 pm

Haii

So my friend came over for a sleepover last night, and we made an obsticle course with pillows, plushies and books covered with clothing for comfort!

Aura really loved doing it! It was great, and when she came all the way the the other side she got her FAVOURITE treat; a small slice of banana dipped in honey! To be honest, I'm pretty sure it's the funnest thing she's ever done in her life :lol:
leah
australia
she/her
talk to me about anything and everything, my dms are always open !! sig is a wip ^^
leiawolfe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Marziapan » Mon May 22, 2017 10:30 am

LeiaWolfe wrote:Haii

So my friend came over for a sleepover last night, and we made an obsticle course with pillows, plushies and books covered with clothing for comfort!

Aura really loved doing it! It was great, and when she came all the way the the other side she got her FAVOURITE treat; a small slice of banana dipped in honey! To be honest, I'm pretty sure it's the funnest thing she's ever done in her life :lol:

That's super sweet, and very cute. <3
ImageImageImage
Marziapan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby serene! » Mon May 22, 2017 12:35 pm

Mayble would love doing that! Coconut on the other hand might eat the obstacles XD
serene!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leiawolfe » Mon May 22, 2017 7:41 pm

-WaterFlame- wrote:

Mayble would love doing that! Coconut on the other hand might eat the obstacles XD

Aw, really? >3<
That's so cute xD
leah
australia
she/her
talk to me about anything and everything, my dms are always open !! sig is a wip ^^
leiawolfe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leiawolfe » Wed May 24, 2017 11:59 pm

Okay, okay. You people have officially confused me. Congratulations.

So,I have this bunny handbook that admittedly, I don't believe was written very well (e.g spelling errors etc).
    You told me rabbits (does) don't go into heat? Well, listen to this:

(quoting from the book)
    "Female rabbits
    A doe (girl rabbit) can be more grumpy and territorial than a male rabbit, especially during certain times of the year when she's in heat."

Okay, so I believe you guys, but this just doesn't make sense?
    PLEASE HELP XD
    THIS is the book I mean.
    Thanks '-'
leah
australia
she/her
leiawolfe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luzien » Thu May 25, 2017 5:02 am

@ LeiaWolfe"

may i ask what is it that you want to kow?
if this book is good or bad.....or if female are more grumpy than males? or something else :D
Please klick them or they will die°°!!!
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Image-Image--Image-Image-Image
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lincoln » Thu May 25, 2017 1:07 pm

LeiaWolfe wrote:
(quoting from the book)
"Female rabbits
A doe (girl rabbit) can be more grumpy and territorial than a male rabbit, especially during certain times of the year when she's in heat."
[/list]

I wouldn't trust this book. Female rabbits don't ovulate in a regular cycle, meaning that they do not go into heat. Doe's are just more territorial and defensive, but it just depends on your rabbit. For example, if you adopt an older rabbit with no whereabouts about its genetics, it can sometimes be aggressive. It's possible to "work out" this aggression, but it takes a lot of time and money. By money I mean spaying. But if you've had your rabbit since it was less than a year old, how you treat and tame and train your rabbit can determine a lot about how territorial or aggressive your rabbit may be, and good genetics play a big part in behavioral traits. If you breed a sweet-tempered doe to a sweet-tempered buck, there is a chance that the kits will be less aggressive. Just know that (I'm not sure what you're dealing with, if you want more guidance or advice from me, feel free to private message me because I'm not always checking this thread.) if your rabbit is being aggressive and territorial, it's going to take a lot of patience to change things. And if she isn't acting the way she used to, just know that your bunny is "coming of age" and is preparing to reproduce, which will (hopefully) not happen. As mentioned before, if you would like more advice or guidance from me, hit me up!
(I dealt with one of the most aggressive rabbits I've ever met for 3 years. She was an actual demon... We ended up spaying her and then worked the aggression out of her patiently and gently and with a lot of love. But she was still highly aggressive. One day she broke out of her cage and we couldn't get her back. And then she was just... gone. Poor P-boo. Anyway, I have dealt with a lot of aggressive animals.)
Lincoln

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _breezy_star_ » Thu May 25, 2017 1:18 pm

Yeah, get a new book, Leia. :lol:

- ANIMAL MOMMY -
🐶 Ginger . Brody
🐱 Kieran . Delaney . Ian
🐭 Dorian
🐰 Beau . Davey . Juniper . Sorren

ImageImage Image
_breezy_star_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leiawolfe » Thu May 25, 2017 8:15 pm

Previous conversations wrote:^Thanks a lot guys ^^; I thought that that information was wrong XD

Training advice and tips/questions wrote:So, today I noticed something ADORABLE!!! (And by "adorable", I mean it's AS CUTE as Aura YAWNING). Before I went to school, I poked my finger through Aura's cage and she (I don't know the word for this but..) she slided her chin across my finger! I don't know what it means, but once she gets spayed (next month) I want to teach her to do it on command! She usually does it when I stick my finger out to her chin c: any command-name suggestions? XD

Thank you so much c:
leah
australia
she/her
leiawolfe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me