Dog Owner Chat v4

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Dog Owner Chat v4

Postby lilpupin » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:06 pm

maninkari wrote:
witchblades wrote:

my dad took him on almost a mile long bike ride (he has shoes!!! his feet are fine!) a few hours ago. he's snoring very loud..i think he's broken...... hm
-------------------------------------------------------
this is my first time posting on this thread.....this is Angus, he's a very, very vicious american pit bull terrier. can you tell?
[ click the image for more pictures !! ]

He's so pretty! How old is he?
-

JJ ate Santa Claus. Oops.

Edit: I also FINALLY got around to trimming Pete's nails. He's terrified of... everything because of lack of socialization, so trimming his nails is a pain and he'll hide under the bed. Today though I got him calm enough to trim his front paws. It'll be a while before the quick recedes to where I want it to be, but that's okay.

*dies of cuteness*
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior, and I am not afraid to admit it. If you are a Christian, please copy and paste this into your signature. 96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this in your signature if you are one of the 4% of teens who will.✞
✞ I asked Jesus, "How much do you love me?" Jesus replied, "This much." He stretched his arms on the arms on the cross and died. Please put this in your signature if you believe that Jesus died for our sins. ✞

viewtopic.php?t=3684644

Image Image Image ImageImageImageImage
lilpupin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby awakening souls. » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:09 pm

^ I'm pretty sure Pit Bull is an umbrella term for multiple breeds, American Bullies being included in that list. My apologies if I'm incorrect. No disrespect meant either!
awakening souls.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fixation » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:16 pm

i'm resting after a surgery and my dogs dont understand they cant crawl all over my lap right now. chance and rosie keep trying to climb onto my recliner and sleep on my lap like they usually do and they get confused when i have to kick them off the chair. but i've been giving them treats and pats so they know i still love them, and if they're being calm i will let them sleep on my legs.

wip
hi, i'm leo! i like bts, my hero academia, seraph of the end
(and anything having to do with vampires!), dragons, art
and lofi hip hop music.
fixation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby schistad; » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:26 pm

awakening souls. wrote:^ I'm pretty sure Pit Bull is an umbrella term for multiple breeds, American Bullies being included in that list. My apologies if I'm incorrect. No disrespect meant either!

people use it as an umbrella term but a pitbull is actually an american pitbull terrier. the correct umbrella term would be a bully breed and for a pitbull it would be ‘terrier’. its sort of like if you called all herding dogs [GSDs, border collies, corgis, aussies, etc] “border collies”. hope that makes sense!
schistad;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lmarani » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:18 pm

this is Skylar! she's so energetic and lovable!

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=3646768&hilit=yellow link to my yellow sorbet auction♥︎
Lmarani

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby awakening souls. » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:20 pm

people use it as an umbrella term but a pitbull is actually an american pitbull terrier. the correct umbrella term would be a bully breed and for a pitbull it would be ‘terrier’. its sort of like if you called all herding dogs [GSDs, border collies, corgis, aussies, etc] “border collies”. hope that makes sense!

But I believe the term "bully breed" covers all bully breeds (muscular body, broad head, short coat, etc...), whereas pit bull covers a select few of these bully breeds, such as the American Pit Bull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier, American Bully, etc... American Pit Bull Terrier or Pit Bull Terrier as most call the breed is the name for it, and though many people call the breed pit bulls, it isn't their technical name. "Pit Bull is a description for a type of dog, but American Pit Bull Terriers are a breed."

I guess some/a lot of people call their APBTs pit bulls, but that isn't the correct term.
awakening souls.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maninkari » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:58 pm

schistad; wrote:
    what year will people stop claiming their BBM/american bullies “pitbulls”.. it doesnt make you cooler, lol. i especially hate seeing BYB doing it.

Never. Good things don't happen to APBT people :,)

But I believe the term "bully breed" covers all bully breeds (muscular body, broad head, short coat, etc...), whereas pit bull covers a select few of these bully breeds, such as the American Pit Bull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier, American Bully, etc... American Pit Bull Terrier or Pit Bull Terrier as most call the breed is the name for it, and though many people call the breed pit bulls, it isn't their technical name. "Pit Bull is a description for a type of dog, but American Pit Bull Terriers are a breed."

I guess some/a lot of people call their APBTs pit bulls, but that isn't the correct term.

I very firmly believe the only dogs who should be called Pit Bulls are APBTs. BSL feeds off of mislabeling, when multiple breeds and mixes are Pit Bulls, bite statistics go woosh. Especially since a lot of bully and mix breed breeders aren't responsible and breed temperamentally unsound dogs.
maninkari

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby halogen. » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:50 pm

@maninkari

Yeah, didn't want to get into that subject, but I strongly agree. The only pitbull is the APBT. It is the correct term believe it or not. Pitbulls, Staffies, and Am Bullies under one umbrella term and to be so different..makes no sense, but ok.
Last edited by halogen. on Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My pretty pups-
Image Image
thank you so much peachy days<33
halogen.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby awakening souls. » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:02 pm

^ Little harsh, halogen, but I'll take the info that has been given to me.
awakening souls.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby halogen. » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:28 pm

awakening souls. wrote:^ Little harsh, halogen, but I'll take the info that has been given to me.

Can you explain how that was in any way harsh? I pointed out that something didn't make sense to me and my opinion on said matter. That was just my 2 cents as someone who owns an actual APBT..

I think what's harsh is dogs being killed because of mislabeling.
Last edited by halogen. on Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My pretty pups-
Image Image
thank you so much peachy days<33
halogen.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Return to Animal Chatter