Dog Owner Chat v4

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Dog Owner Chat v4

Postby GutterPunk » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:00 pm

More pictures of Dovah, how do you guys get action shots? Mines just a blur unless he's still (Like the rest of the pictures). I have a canon powershot

We were practicing standing on things for confidence, and then having him jump on/over it. I tried to catch him mid jump but kinda failed. Also because I caught it as he was coming down onto the log his face skin looks like its melting and I laughed for a solid 10 minutes.
GutterPunk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sammie_112 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:03 pm

aww all cute dogs, I wish I could show you my SDit I don't have any pics on my computer of her smh, but shes a saddle GSD :)
yo wassup? HMU with trades ;)
my music range is wack I love 5sos, 1d, the vamps to 90's music like wham!, kiss, and a couple "emo" bands like My chem, black viel brides, falling in reverse its pretty wack lmao
I love One direction with all my heart, but mostly my niall
saw Niall july 20, 2018
saw harry oct 20,2017

Sammie_112

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Imzadi83 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:00 pm

So, yesterday at the cardiologist the found that Chloe's a little worse. Her murmur is now a 3 and the mitral valve is worse. She still doesn't need meds yet but he wants to see her again in 8-9 months instead of a year. It's a worry. I'm looking into another supplement, so I'll talk with him and her regular vet about that. Other than that there isn't much else I can do, just hope. I know the news could be a lot worse, but it's still not what I wanted to hear.
Looking for a real life pet? http://www.petfinder.com Adopt a homeless Pet!
Give Food To Homeless Pets FREE & Freekibble
Imzadi83

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Middy. » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:13 pm

We didn't have agility tonight, so instead I sat on my trunk and practiced some tricks with some restrictions. Just voice cues, just hand cues, at a distance, etc. I got a video of her doing a few tricks with hand and voice cues from a distance though!

'Tall' is one of her newest tricks. She has only had two sessions with heavy luring in it. So I was pleasantly surprised that we were able to progress to doing it from a distance with just a hand cue and with both. (Still needs work on just voice cues but she will get there!)

https://youtu.be/QmkWTdbNdOI
.Middy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luzien » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:05 pm

Bowi wrote:I have a tricolor Border collie blue merle and a french mastiff x Old english bulldog.
I am just teaching the border collie 'touch training' Meaning he will do tricks according to touches around the body,
Until now i have teached him that one tap on the shoulder is sit,
Two taps on the shoulder is lie down,
And to lead your hand over his head to his chin is "walk with," or come "come with"
He's deaf..
Anyone have any tips on teaching him these tactics? He already knows hand signs.
Kinda struggling with him, And 'clickers' don't work that well with deaf dogs.

That is a good start already^^
i know from dog owner who did Train there dogs that where deaf or blind..but also normal dogs, with sign language, target training , light (not sure how this works) and such like you do with human babys,...a simple way of the sign language only basic^^...there was an interesting page where owner did talk about training, tricks for deaf dog or blind dogs and such but i sadly did forgot how it was called.
They also used one of those training collar with out shock or spray...but with vibration ...but i also read that some use them with light shock....both are so that the dog react even when on the other end of a field and knows that owner wants something...or when something is dangerous or such, even different sign for different thing with the collar over the remotes different selectable stimulation Level
Not sure, but maybe this can work for you...all of this or only one thing^^

some easy books that could work:
- SIGNS FOR DEAF DOGS: Handy Mobi Flashcards (Let's Sign BSL) by Cath Smith and Suzanne Williams
- SIGNS for DEAF DOGS 2 British Sign Language (BSL): Holly's Story (Let's Sign BSL) by Cath Smith
- Through A Dark Silence: Loving and Living with Your Blind and Deaf Dog by Debbie Bauer
- Hogan’s Hope Paperback by Connie Bombaci

would be great when you write more and if something did work :D
Please klick them or they will die°°!!!
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Image-Image--Image-Image-Image
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zach herron. » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:11 pm

heyy, anyone got some advice for over-rambunctious scotties? quinn is such a sweetie but he's entirely too crazy

──

──

[ *.BOOM!!xl' BOOM!! xl'BOOM!!

llllllllllllll

i’m zach. i sing
    in an up and coming
    band called why don’t we.

llllllllllllll
    now let me

l
    hi oops oops
    hi! i'm lori, and i love zdh.
    i also love the office!
    jim is my favorite character!
    ──────────────l
    [ trade ] [ merch ] [ chars ]
    [ hooked ] [ link ] [ link ]
    ──── [ coding credit ] ────
    ██
    ██
    ██

no type here thnx
    zachary dean herron
    jonah marais roth frantzich
    corbyn matthew besson
    jack robert avery
    daniel james seavey
    ──────────────

'─────────────────────────
    hear you say...
    lllllllllllllllll'l

other notes // info
    i raise chickens ♥️
    pm me for pics
    oh yeah trade me lmao
    WAY-
    HOO

lllllllllllllllll'l
zach herron.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shadowloversmothie » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:11 pm

My doggo who is named milo who is a male but he isn't this dog I just can't take dog photos for reasons being that I'm afraid it will give out personal info. He has patches of lighter brown and is crossed with a red something but not red healer
IMG_0285.JPG
IMG_0285.JPG (50.29 KiB) Viewed 130 times
Last edited by shadowloversmothie on Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shadowloversmothie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shadowloversmothie » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:12 pm

a-little-ccrazy wrote:heyy, anyone got some advice for over-rambunctious scotties? quinn is such a sweetie but he's entirely too crazy

Less sugary foods?
shadowloversmothie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luzien » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:22 pm

a-little-ccrazy wrote:heyy, anyone got some advice for over-rambunctious scotties? quinn is such a sweetie but he's entirely too crazy

...that is not really much to go on ;) maybe tell more...like how old is the dog, how much training does he get each day, o you do different things with him..new thing you do or only the same walk each day... had the vet a look at him to see if something is wrong..
Please klick them or they will die°°!!!
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Image-Image--Image-Image-Image
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby minimire » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:23 am

Luzien wrote:
wildlife. wrote:
    hey guys just a quick question here.
    should my nine year old shih tzu keep jumping up and down my 50cm bed? like is it good for him at his age?
    thanks!

no it is not so good...you also dont let a dog run on the bike at this age...or jump things to much, and i think small dogs should not jump down bed ....(Young dogs and old dogs should be given a bit more care and when some stairs or pet ramp help why not^^)
look for some dog stairs (this portable ones, this you can put at your bed...or wherever you dogs likes to get up)

-snip-

thank you for your help! I'll research more into what I can use to help him get up on the bed easier like what you've mentioned (:

also, any tips on how I can get him to stop jumping up and down in the mean time? Especially from jumping down? He used to wait for me to carry him down but now he's growing bolder.

minimire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me