Dog Owner Chat v4

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Dog Owner Chat v4

Postby Saddened » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:37 pm

LeiaWolfe wrote:
Trico; wrote:is the german shepherd okay or did it pass away?

I would say that the dog would be okay, as it was just a movie scene, but they shouldn't do that to dogs.

I highly agree, if people can't respect their animal it's just sad, especially if your forcing them
To do something that they don't want to be doing that scares them.
It's sad,and it's heartbreaking to see a dog being treated in that way. It truly is :c
I joined flight rising on 11/13/16
Saddened

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leiawolfe » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:40 pm

✨Kalypsø✨ wrote:
LeiaWolfe wrote:

I would say that the dog would be okay, as it was just a movie scene, but they shouldn't do that to dogs.

I highly agree, if people can't respect their animal it's just sad, especially if your forcing them
To do something that they don't want to be doing that scares them.
It's sad,and it's heartbreaking to see a dog being treated in that way. It truly is :c

Yes, it should be illegal to do things like that! It is considered as animal cruelty.
leah
australia
she/her
talk to me about anything and everything, my dms are always open !! sig is a wip ^^
leiawolfe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShadowHunteress » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:40 pm

LeiaWolfe wrote:

The dog was okay, and doing some looking, Ambelin, the company making the movie, said Hercules, the GSD, was okay and they took several days to film it so the dog would be comfortable. Although he did go under he was rescued by scuba divers. I do not like that he was forced to do the stunt when he clearly didn't want too, and one of the supporting charities that works with dogs has pulled out because of this video.
Check out Lorwolf! Use my referral code to get the chance for a companion!
https://www.lorwolf.com/Refer/11524
ShadowHunteress

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby agent 48 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:41 pm

Flossie wrote:Did anyone hear about the movie A Dogs Purpose abusing their dogs on set? I'm not sure if it's true, but there's a video of them forcing a German Shepherd into water currents for a scene. I don't think I'll go and see it after that.

Dangit, I really wanted to see that movie. XD I might go see it anyways, but I'll most likely download it online. That's a horrible thing to do, they obviously aren't prepared to train dogs. They should have used CGI or professionals, or maybe they just shouldn't have filmed that scene at all. Perhaps they could have gotten another dog to do it in it's place since a number of dogs like to go swimming. They shouldn't have forced the poor pup to do it if there were a variety of different options.

On a side not, this is my first or second time posting here. I've got a four year old American Bulldog named Bauer, he's currently 100 pounds and sleeps with me on my (rather small) bed. He's super sweet and couldn't hurt a fly, but most people are scared of him because of his looks.
They're more concerned of a five month old puppy eating their spoiled dogs because he looks like a pitbull than him getting hit by a car.
(He was wild as a puppy and occasionally slipped out of the house. He learned how to open the door and since we had just moved in, we didn't know much about the house. Thankfully, he's broken out of that habit and is able to be walked off leash.)
He's protective and loyal, he's also my best friend XD
I don't have much to say here, only that I love making new friends! Feel free to talk to me whenever, I'm a bit awkward though!
agent 48

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leiawolfe » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:20 pm

MiniTaxiderMiss wrote:
LeiaWolfe wrote:

The dog was okay, and doing some looking, Ambelin, the company making the movie, said Hercules, the GSD, was okay and they took several days to film it so the dog would be comfortable. Although he did go under he was rescued by scuba divers. I do not like that he was forced to do the stunt when he clearly didn't want too, and one of the supporting charities that works with dogs has pulled out because of this video.

Yep, I've found out that this is true, and it has put many people off watching it, and some people have refused to help make the movie after it.
leah
australia
she/her
talk to me about anything and everything, my dms are always open !! sig is a wip ^^
leiawolfe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cswolf. » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:25 pm

I agree with the above that they could have gotten a dog who enjoyed swimming rather than a dog which did not. But I think due to image they wanted a German Shepard for the clip. I have not seen it quite yet but I do not want to for the fear of being too outraged. I might still see it though but online, rather than supporting it in theaters. Or I might see it in theaters because it would be nice to support the other actors and crew who worked hard.
lurkin!

CATCHING UP MY REMAINING LOLO MESSAGES <3
THANKS ALL FOR VISITING ME :)
cswolf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Imzadi83 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:46 pm

||CSwolf|| wrote:I agree with the above that they could have gotten a dog who enjoyed swimming rather than a dog which did not. But I think due to image they wanted a German Shepard for the clip. I have not seen it quite yet but I do not want to for the fear of being too outraged. I might still see it though but online, rather than supporting it in theaters. Or I might see it in theaters because it would be nice to support the other actors and crew who worked hard.

They should have gotten a different dog, took more time to train it, or refused to do the stunt. Of course they likely decided against doing all of those things because of the money it would cost them. I do think it's a form of psychological abuse however as this could have severely traumatized the dog. And though I'm grateful that we are in an age where there were safety divers there to rescue the dog, accidents can happen and his life was still at risk. Not to mention the safety of the humans if the dog had reacted to his fear with aggression.

The trainer failed in that moment, and if I ran that company would reprimand or perhaps even fire them. Certainly if I was making a movie involving animals I would not use this company, if they acted as if what happened here was no big deal. As a good rule of thumb if it's wrong to force a child actor to do a stunt they don't feel comfortable doing, they shouldn't force a dog to do it.

And considering what bad PR can do to a movie it was stupid to allow this to happen.

I'm really sorry for the dog. And selfishly, I'm a little sorry for the movie. I listened to the audio tape of the book and thought it was very good.
Looking for a real life pet? http://www.petfinder.com Adopt a homeless Pet!
Give Food To Homeless Pets FREE & Freekibble
Imzadi83

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShadowHunteress » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:56 pm

Imzadi83 wrote:
||CSwolf|| wrote:I agree with the above that they could have gotten a dog who enjoyed swimming rather than a dog which did not. But I think due to image they wanted a German Shepard for the clip. I have not seen it quite yet but I do not want to for the fear of being too outraged. I might still see it though but online, rather than supporting it in theaters. Or I might see it in theaters because it would be nice to support the other actors and crew who worked hard.

They should have gotten a different dog, took more time to train it, or refused to do the stunt. Of course they likely decided against doing all of those things because of the money it would cost them. I do think it's a form of psychological abuse however as this could have severely traumatized the dog. And though I'm grateful that we are in an age where there were safety divers there to rescue the dog, accidents can happen and his life was still at risk. Not to mention the safety of the humans if the dog had reacted to his fear with aggression.

The trainer failed in that moment, and if I ran that company would reprimand or perhaps even fire them. Certainly if I was making a movie involving animals I would not use this company, if they acted as if what happened here was no big deal. As a good rule of thumb if it's wrong to force a child actor to do a stunt they don't feel comfortable doing, they shouldn't force a dog to do it.

And considering what bad PR can do to a movie it was stupid to allow this to happen.

I'm really sorry for the dog. And selfishly, I'm a little sorry for the movie. I listened to the audio tape of the book and thought it was very good.

What really bothers me was they were working with the AHS and they had an admin on site, and they never reported ANYtHING, the admin is now on leave and the AHS is having a third party investigate
Check out Lorwolf! Use my referral code to get the chance for a companion!
https://www.lorwolf.com/Refer/11524
ShadowHunteress

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Imzadi83 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:41 pm

MiniTaxiderMiss wrote:
Imzadi83 wrote:

What really bothers me was they were working with the AHS and they had an admin on site, and they never reported ANYtHING, the admin is now on leave and the AHS is having a third party investigate

That bothers me, but it doesn't really surprise me. AHS is very money driven.
Looking for a real life pet? http://www.petfinder.com Adopt a homeless Pet!
Give Food To Homeless Pets FREE & Freekibble
Imzadi83

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby akuma <3 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:37 am

LOOK OMG
that was from when we first got little baby charlotte! I can't believe how big she is now omg-

she's so cute~!
we started some jumping a little while ago :)

it's been such an amazing 3+ years with her and I love her so much <3
Image 𝚊𝚔𝚞𝚖𝚊 ~ ♡ Image
she/her - adult -
x | x | x
akuma <3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me