Dog Owner Chat v4

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Dog Owner Chat v4

Postby Roman'sGirl75 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:20 pm

Have you had dogs before? yes
What breeds? I've had a collie/GSD mix a collie /GSD/ border collie mix, 2 huskies,a doberman, a GSD/ Husky mix, a pit bull lab mix and some of her pups, used to breed pit bulls, a golden retriever, 2 labs, and currently I have 3 GSD mixes, 3 GSDs, 2 Bospins (Boston Terrier Min Pin mixes) 3 husky wolf who knows what mixes a shepherd of some type crossed with some form of either hound or terrier/ and a Landseer Newfoundland
Are there any breeds that have already caught your eye? several If so, why?The rott because of their sheer size the GSD for its loyalty and its regal look the wime for its striking grey or amber eyes and energy level and the Greyhound because its laid back and pretty chill
How much time a day do you have to devote to training your dog?I'm home all the time so I can and do multiple training sessions daily
What kind of grooming needs are you prepared to handle? I have 3 GSDs and a Newfoundland so I am always brushing someone.
What kind of energy level are you looking for? I can handle any energy level again I have GSDs and a Newfoundland the GSDs energy is off the charts always having to be doing something and the newf is pretty mellow
What do you plan on doing with your dog?I hike with mine plus my GSD Nyx is my Service Dog and Loki the newf is my husbands SDiT
What size dog are you wanting? Have you ever seen the size of a Newf?
What age dog are you looking for? I have done the puppy thing and have older dogs as well
What kind of livestyle do you live? (Active, couch potato etc)pretty active save for the winter.
I used to be a pit breeder and after my last female died this year at age 2 I decided that I want to get into shepherds. I am a positive reinforcement trainer and love helping others where I can so if you have a training question or a question about Service Dogs contact me and I'll help if I can
Roman'sGirl75

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cardinal » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:41 pm

Keletheryl wrote:

For the pit bulls, I'd want to make sure to help breed the "aggression out of them". To help the breed become more like companion dogs and less of fighting dogs. I would love to help out in that way.

Dog aggression is not frowned upon the the APBT world, in fact its just part of the breed and not given much of a second thought. It can be argued that gameness is what sets the breed a part from other bull and terrier breeds. Breeding away from dog aggression would be in part breeding away from gameness and breeding away from what the breed is and what its supposed to be. There are other bull and terrier breeds (like the American Staffordshire Terrier, American Bully, etc) that are more removed from the dog aggression, but thats not to say dog aggression never happens in these breeds.

Also, those looking for dog breed suggestions.. Listing ehat you can and can't handle/tolerate behavior wise is also important. :)
Honey, it's in the stars
And you're my everything from here to Mars
And every word I say I truly mean
Dear darling, I hope I'm being clear
'Cause there's no one like you on earth
That can be my universe

Cardinal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shadow~wolf » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:50 pm

Lucky's leg is getting better! Him and the puppy love each other so much! I love my boy. Only 1-2 more weeks until that cast is off!

𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐰
𝑠𝘩𝑒/𝘩𝑒𝑟
═════
█████
─────

═════

───────────────────
hi! my name is shadow &
i am a dog enthusiast &
writer! artist, roleplayer.
pms open!!
═══════════
TH ✧ art ✧ link here ✧ ©
───────────────────

shadow~wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tipsy » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:45 pm

I've never told you guys how our vet visit went, we opted for the closer "cheaper" one since we was trying to do it in secret (The owner of Swizzy doesn't want me wasting my money on her)
We got to the vet and told them that we wanted to update her on her shots because she hasn't had her shots since she was 8 weeks. They kinda stared at us like :o, While we was waiting (very nervously we thought a dog was in the back seeing the vet but it was a kitten) The lady kept talking to Swizzy over the counter, and Swizzy kept jumping up and staring at her it was adorable Image. The vet visit started off fine, we weighted her (49 pounds) checked her teeth,I asked if they could clip her nails and he said that they are at a fine length (they are NOT at a fine length, we are working on clipping them ourselves.) They got all the shots and the nurse held Swizzy down, this is where it got worst, my friends was nervous and when she saw the needles she started bouncing around and whining. The vet told my friend to calm down or else she'll upset Swizzy, which she did because Swizzy started whining and wigging and tried to jump of the table, they turned Swizzy away from us and gave her one shotImageAfter that she freaked they had to pin her down to do the other shots. At one point the needle was in Swizzy and she got away from them with the needle in her, it was scary.

Once back in the waiting room we geared Swizzy back up to walk home and she was completely fine Image(Fun fact: her halter is on the but the leash is attached to the harness, She believes the halter is working and doesn't pull)
She was licking the secretary and the vet, I paid ($192 bucks OUCH!) and we reschedule for a heart worm testing and went home. As expected we told the owner that we went and got Swizzy her shots and she laughed after reading the paperwork and said I really made Swizzy my dog (On the Paper work Swizzy had my last name) She then told her husband and he said that once they move out he is giving her to me. (which might work out because, I'm moving in with my step father who loves dogs)

So yea... That was a long post!
Now I'm finished with high school,I'm planning going on all sorts of crazy adventures with Swizzy.
Image This was taken just yesterday!

(sorry if this is long with a lot of pictures I like story writing and visuals)
Wub.

Tipsy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blu Malinois » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:47 pm

Marking
Blu Malinois

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lizbutt » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:49 pm

Bookmark and all the fun stuff
C:

You can call me a L I Z B U T T

{coffee lover}
Sign: Gemini

My username use to be Carry.
Lizbutt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Keletheryl » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:39 pm

Cardinal wrote:
Keletheryl wrote:

For the pit bulls, I'd want to make sure to help breed the "aggression out of them". To help the breed become more like companion dogs and less of fighting dogs. I would love to help out in that way.

Dog aggression is not frowned upon the the APBT world, in fact its just part of the breed and not given much of a second thought. It can be argued that gameness is what sets the breed a part from other bull and terrier breeds. Breeding away from dog aggression would be in part breeding away from gameness and breeding away from what the breed is and what its supposed to be. There are other bull and terrier breeds (like the American Staffordshire Terrier, American Bully, etc) that are more removed from the dog aggression, but thats not to say dog aggression never happens in these breeds.

Of course, that's not exactly what I meant, like I wouldn't try to remove ALL the aggression out of the pittie, as I know it's part of the breed.
But to dull it down enough where people won't be afraid that their dog will turn on them or whatever people come up with these days, that's what I strive for. A "safer" pittie, I guess you could say.

I strongly believe that breeding pitties away from dog aggressive gene issues is the best thing for the breed however, even if it is against breed standard for them. It's the start to getting people to accept pitties without being "afraid" of them. You'd want a protective dog, but not a dog that's going to attack another dog when you walk it. You want something that will bark and be aware of strangers by your household. A dog that will ultimately protect you if you're in obvious danger.

But pretty much any dog can end up with aggression issues regardless of the breed, though some are far more uncommon to happen than others.

╭━━━━━━━━╮
• Stamps •

╰━━━━━━━━╯
╭━━━━━━━━╮
• Credit •
NebulaWolf
╰━━━━━━━━╯
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╭━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╮
• Bio •
Hello! My name is Keletheryl. I love
all things fantasy or mythological. I
live in Canada, BC! I am an animal
lover and own lots of pets! See you
around!

╰━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╯

Keletheryl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hybrid wolf » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:53 pm

Hey! So my puppy, Rebel, keeps howling in his sleep for no reason. Help?
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
╔═════════════════════╗

Hello. My name is Hybrid wolf and i love
Undertale, Warrior cats, Wings of Fire, C
ATS, Wolves, Drawing, and Trading. PM
me if you need a friend. I am a French
American Girl who has a Russian Blue an
d British Shorthair mix named Duchess,
Egyptian Mau named Felix, A Boston Ter
rier named Rebel, A box turtle named J
erry, and a hamster named Nutmeg... B
utwe call her Nut Butt <3... Duchess is
my Duchy Baby and Felix is my Felix boy.

╚═════════════════════╝
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
───────────────────────────────────
words words words words words
░░░░░
──────
Wattpad
Fnaf Roleplay
Juniperclan
link

words
words
words
words
words
words
words
words

──────
░░░░░
hybrid wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mr.robot » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:59 pm

Cheshier Cat wrote:Hey! So my puppy, Rebel, keeps howling in his sleep for no reason. Help?

Dogs dream. He's probably doing that.
mr.robot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hybrid wolf » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:04 pm

mr.robot wrote:
Cheshier Cat wrote:Hey! So my puppy, Rebel, keeps howling in his sleep for no reason. Help?

Dogs dream. He's probably doing that.

Aww poor him :c he always does it
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
╔═════════════════════╗

Hello. My name is Hybrid wolf and i love
Undertale, Warrior cats, Wings of Fire, C
ATS, Wolves, Drawing, and Trading. PM
me if you need a friend. I am a French
American Girl who has a Russian Blue an
d British Shorthair mix named Duchess,
Egyptian Mau named Felix, A Boston Ter
rier named Rebel, A box turtle named J
erry, and a hamster named Nutmeg... B
utwe call her Nut Butt <3... Duchess is
my Duchy Baby and Felix is my Felix boy.

╚═════════════════════╝
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
words words words words words
░░░░░
──────
Wattpad
Fnaf Roleplay
Juniperclan
link