Cat Chat 2

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Cat Chat 2

Postby gamorasass » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:08 am

andyy. wrote:
    Hey there. So I have a small issue with my cat, prince.)

MY CAT IS NAMED PRINCE TOO! He's a big orange tabby!
      As for your issue, I would suggest trying to contact a cat behavior expert or try another vet. If he's definitely not acting himself there might be someone underlying and it also concerns me that your vet was no concerned with his limp. Best of luck! Just keep trying to give him love and cuddles <3

♕── IT'S JUST SOME]XXX
      XXXXUNSPOKEN THING

just you average marvel nerd &
      starmora enthusiast living life as
      a full time working cat mom!
      LIGHTS OFF!

┌──────────────────┐
      service dog chat job chat
      └──────────────────┘
gamorasass

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mew, » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:14 pm

@king

hah, same! (I have a link to his picture in my signature)
    thanks, I'll do that.
    all he got were pain meds for a few days and that didn't seem to do anything, so I'll take him to see another vet and probably get an x-ray to be sure he didn't get a fracture or anything that the previous vet couldn't notice... I don't know. hoping for the best.
mew,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lexthedestroyer » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:22 pm

Faffy the FauxFox wrote:is Hill's Science diet sensitive skin and stomach a scam? you can buy it without a prescription at many places

I've never had pet food need a prescription before unless the vet found out the cat was actually sick and needed special food, and even that is rare. Science diet has been a good food for our cats for years, and the sensitive stomach one helped my baby boy Spirit get way better way quicker. As long as you make sure they eat a reasonable amount then I think it should be good; if there's a serious issue (constant vomiting not from overeating/hairballs, weird stool, etc.) then I suggest a vet. The canned version has helped my cats through flus, and the dry has kept Spirit safe and happy.
lexthedestroyer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby blazesong » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:50 am

andyy. wrote:
    Hey there. So I have a small issue with my cat, prince.
    Not that long ago, maybe about a week and a half ago, my buddy came limping into my room at 1 am and flopped onto my bed with me, not moving or purring as he usually would. Concerned, I turned the lights on and continued to examine him as well as I could without moving him much- he would cry every time I touched him but nothing seemed wrong. So as soon as we could, we took him to the vet to get this checked out because he seemed to be in a lot of pain. He stopped eating and frinking, would barely walk, and stopped letting me pick him up. The vet saw nothing wrong with him. All we know is that he refuses to walk on his left rear paw.
    Not only that, but after about nine or ten years, the bottom left canine tooth that protrudes from his mouth snapped. Half of it's just gone.
    This wasn't really concerning me, though. Because he's a very clumsy cat, I thought maybe he just took a little fall and he's being a big, overly sensitive baby that he always is whenever something bothers him in the slightest.
    However, a little over a week later and he now won't come in my room unless I'm awake and in there with him and it's light outside. He walks everywhere willingly with this limp thats slowly getting better. I don't know why, but this seems really weird to me? Not to mention, hes started over grooming again, a thing which I know he does when hes stressed or confused.
    Maybe it's all unrelated, but he's always been my big baby, sleeping in my room all the time and following me everywhere. Now he will only sleep in my dad's room on the other side of the house. It seems like something traumatic might have happened and I have no idea what to think. Did I do something? Did something scare him? Or is he just acting strangely out of pain, although he walks by himself now?

(On mobile, sorry if there are any typos)

i saw on another post after this about your going to take him to another vet and ask for x-rays, the frist step with behavior should be making sure hes not in pain as he could be trying to hide it wich causes his behavior change.

if he keeps avoiding your room training to get him back to being relaxed in there could help.this would involve treating him (be it with food,toys or pats) when he is relaxed in your room even just for a moment. if at night you see him walk past your room try making a 'trilling' sound and see if he will investergate if he comes over give a slow pat from head to tail
i totaly havnt been reading up on cat behaviour XD

i need a new signature

blazesong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rainbow Dash » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:06 am

Faffy the FauxFox wrote:is Hill's Science diet sensitive skin and stomach a scam? you can buy it without a prescription at many places

Do not buy Science Diet from third party distributors. Science Diet is strictly prescription only and should be bought from your veterinarian who can monitor your cat's progress on the food. Third party distributors for prescription products that don't require a prescription is a huge red flag. Run, don't walk.
[: Veterinary professional | Female | Hobbyist artist :]
Image Image Image Image
New Chicken Smoothie Tarot
[: Free-to-Use CS Graphics || Request Free CS Graphics || Every Pet As a Stamp Project :]
Sig art by me || Avatar by Scragster || Busy with work! Might be slow to respond!
Rainbow Dash

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Naeco » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:00 pm

Rainbow Dash wrote:

Do not buy Science Diet from third party distributors. Science Diet is strictly prescription only and should be bought from your veterinarian who can monitor your cat's progress on the food. Third party distributors for prescription products that don't require a prescription is a huge red flag. Run, don't walk.

You can buy science diet almost anywhere.
Links
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3303502
MainThingaMajiger

Pets

Maple Creek
Naeco

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rainbow Dash » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:23 pm

Naeco wrote:
Rainbow Dash wrote:

You can buy science diet almost anywhere.

Should have clarified; prescription diet (anything with a slash like K/D, I/D, etc)
[: Veterinary professional | Female | Hobbyist artist :]
Image Image Image Image
New Chicken Smoothie Tarot
[: Free-to-Use CS Graphics || Request Free CS Graphics || Every Pet As a Stamp Project :]
Sig art by me || Avatar by Scragster || Busy with work! Might be slow to respond!
Rainbow Dash

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Photos of my cat no one asked for

Postby Librho » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:56 pm

She's my little Rat Baby ❤️

Post photos of your kitties if you want ^^ let's see some adorable babies!!

Edit; Oh, please lock this, this belongs in the group thread of cats, my bad sorry ^^’
inactive mostly
Librho

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby deoxyribonucleic » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:30 am

heya! any tips on training a rowdy kitten? she's rather feisty and really wild, and she eats and scratches everything. i'm using a spray bottle for now, and i'm out of money for cat toys. what do i do?

(here she is. my baby)
Attachments
IMG_1062.JPG
IMG_1062.JPG (321.44 KiB) Viewed 38 times
moonwalkin'
noelle | she/her
───── ♤ ─────
you, too, deserve love
deoxyribonucleic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Angelus Gaston » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:08 am

reuxci wrote:heya! any tips on training a rowdy kitten? she's rather feisty and really wild, and she eats and scratches everything. i'm using a spray bottle for now, and i'm out of money for cat toys. what do i do?

(here she is. my baby)

You need toys to get rid of that energy otherwise she will stay hyper and destroy stuff.

Noctis my boy is the same and before I got paid I made wands from bamboo canes and string with feathers. Rolled up tin foil balls to play fetch and even got toys from friends ( I paid them back unless they gave them to me ). He know mostly sleeps unless Zero wakes him up at 3am in the morning.

You can not fix problems with out addressing the issue which sounds like to much energy if you can burn that of you will find she will calm down.
CharsArt WantedTradescredit
╔══════════════════════╗
We would do something
Sarcastic and witty with this but
We cant be bothered. We go by
Angelus One Piece and Yu-Gi-Oh lover

╚══════════════════════╝
Angelus Gaston

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery