* Pet Bird Chat * NEW

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

What is your favorite fruit/veggie to feed your birds?

quinoa
8%
cucumber
13%
strawberry
19%
carrot
12%
jalapeno
6%
sweet peppers
4%
corn
9%
grapes
14%
rice
7%
sprouts
8%

Total votes : 442

Re: * Pet Bird Chat * NEW

Postby Luzien » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:05 am

LeiaWolfe wrote:Thank you so much everyone! C,:
Anyway, today something happened with my dad that was quite out of character..

He said "We should start thinking of getting a new budgie."
And in my head I was like WHAT?! I THOUGHT YOU LOVED PEANUT AND YOU WOULD KEEP SEARCHING FOR HIM, NOT JUST REPLACE HIM WITH ANOTHER!!
But he also said that he wanted a companion and Peanut, he said, was "gone".
So my nan called her friend/friend's relative called Terry who is a breeder and my dad wants to look at his male juveniles tomorrow, since me, my sister and my mum are going to Japan the day after.

I can't decide whether I am
A) shocked
B) mad
C) thrilled

My dad is hoping to get another budgie (though as I said, it's weird because he was the most attached to Peanut). I am hoping to find Peanut and maybe get another budgie too....
My sister is vague about the whole thing but I know that she wants Peanut back. My mum isn't ready for another budgie and really wants Peanut to come back.
Oh, I don't know.....

Also, today my mum said to my dad, "I hope Peanut is dead." This was a real pain to hear, though I know she said it because she didn't want him to starve or suffer or anything like that but it hurts....

So, I dunno, I just thought I might get it out.
My dad's also wondering whether he shoukd get this new budgie that he soeaks of before or after me and my sister and mum go to Japan. Personally if we get it (gonna be a him), I want him to be bought afterwards because, well, this is a little selfish but I don't really want my dad to be bonding with him for a full two and a half weeks and not the rest of us...
Plus he needs to get used to us all when (if) the new budgie comes home.

hmmmm.not sure what to think of this...but you also do seem to want to get a new one
...and to your dad...im not sure, but could it be that your dad found him, and does not want to tell you so your family trip will not be a sad one but tha you all have fun and good time...maybe talk with him alone...

and when not found, put up a notice around your area with a missing pic..
and look high in the trees, when he was never outside he will be full of fear and trys to hide, but he also could be up in trees of neighbors...best is to look in the dark, his eyes and feather should e easy to spot with a light

put out water and dood and a small cage so that he can get in but no cat or such can get inside.
Please klick them or they will die°°!!!
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Image-Image--Image-Image-Image
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LeiaWolfe » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:07 pm

Luzien wrote:
LeiaWolfe wrote:Thank you so much everyone! C,:
Anyway, today something happened with my dad that was quite out of character..

He said "We should start thinking of getting a new budgie."
And in my head I was like WHAT?! I THOUGHT YOU LOVED PEANUT AND YOU WOULD KEEP SEARCHING FOR HIM, NOT JUST REPLACE HIM WITH ANOTHER!!
But he also said that he wanted a companion and Peanut, he said, was "gone".
So my nan called her friend/friend's relative called Terry who is a breeder and my dad wants to look at his male juveniles tomorrow, since me, my sister and my mum are going to Japan the day after.

I can't decide whether I am
A) shocked
B) mad
C) thrilled

My dad is hoping to get another budgie (though as I said, it's weird because he was the most attached to Peanut). I am hoping to find Peanut and maybe get another budgie too....
My sister is vague about the whole thing but I know that she wants Peanut back. My mum isn't ready for another budgie and really wants Peanut to come back.
Oh, I don't know.....

Also, today my mum said to my dad, "I hope Peanut is dead." This was a real pain to hear, though I know she said it because she didn't want him to starve or suffer or anything like that but it hurts....

So, I dunno, I just thought I might get it out.
My dad's also wondering whether he shoukd get this new budgie that he soeaks of before or after me and my sister and mum go to Japan. Personally if we get it (gonna be a him), I want him to be bought afterwards because, well, this is a little selfish but I don't really want my dad to be bonding with him for a full two and a half weeks and not the rest of us...
Plus he needs to get used to us all when (if) the new budgie comes home.

hmmmm.not sure what to think of this...but you also do seem to want to get a new one
...and to your dad...im not sure, but could it be that your dad found him, and does not want to tell you so your family trip will not be a sad one but tha you all have fun and good time...maybe talk with him alone...

and when not found, put up a notice around your area with a missing pic..
and look high in the trees, when he was never outside he will be full of fear and trys to hide, but he also could be up in trees of neighbors...best is to look in the dark, his eyes and feather should e easy to spot with a light

put out water and dood and a small cage so that he can get in but no cat or such can get inside.

C: Thank you for this~!

-----
Also, just another question. Do you think cockatiels are noisy? Because my nan says that they are, my dad says they're too quiet and overall my mum would rather have a cockatiel than a budgie.
Any cockatiel owners out there? Also, we won't be having it in a pair or anything. Just a companion ^^
ImageImageImageImage
Leia // Kylo Ren // Star Wars // Wings of Fire // writing
xxxxxxxxxxxx
Hey~! I'm Leia! I love Star Wars and the book series Wings of Fire. I am a Chrstian c: My PM box is always open so feel free to have a chat!! I also love to write stories (especially fantasy ones involving magic!) c: I have a Netherlands Dwarf rabbit named Aurora (Aura for short) who was born on the 8th Dec 2016.

credit
xxxxxxxxxxxx
ImageImageImageImage
LeiaWolfe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luzien » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:43 pm

@ LeiaWolfe
they can be...real noisy....but i think from what i did see , they are more calm when they are two birds,with aviary or atleast big cage and free time out in the room to fly around and things to do. Dont ever get only one, and to small cage are no good with birds like them (alright this goes for every pet^^). Most who i know(3 owner i did know over the last years) are in a 2x2x1m cage atleast..or outside all day with a play-birdgym tree or birdroom, and going in there cage over night.
Please klick them or they will die°°!!!
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Image-Image--Image-Image-Image
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blackiie » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:53 pm

I have one who is really quiet and one who screams the house down daily.. she drives me crazy and wakes me up soooo early. I guess they differ
IN
_
IN
Very active at the moment,
Need trade help? PM me ^^
Please send trades, huge WL ❤

ISN'T THE WAY TO GO,
MORE, EAT SOME CHOCOLATE.
My Pets, Trade Me
Blackiie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyjaks » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:56 pm

One of my grandmas old cockatiels was crazy loud. He wasn't unhappy or unhealthy or anything, just enjoyed hearing himself scream. It varies from bird to bird
py • 18+ • big ol dork
Pyjaks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby woospuss » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:11 pm

My cockatiel is very loud when I hang the cage outside, she likes to run around the cage and screech at the top of her lungs for the first half hour (she gets excited about going outside) then settles down and will make quieter chirps and whistles. She likes to try call back to the wild birds and gets super excited and loud when she can hear them. My budgie on the other hand (who shares a cage with the tiel) is always chirping away but is much quieter!
woospuss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Megaguirus » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:08 pm

I actually find it quieter to have one tiel! LOL, when I only had one, she was only loud when we left the room without her, since we were her flock. But now that I have a flock, they squawk up a storm in the mornings! They aren't wanting anything, they just like being noisy. They settle down after a few hours though, especially if I'm in there and talking to them and rubbing their heads.

It honestly depends on the bird, though. Because even in the flock, my first tiel, Cookie, is mostly silent. She's just not much of a talker. She's also very much a loner, and prefers it when I take her out of the room to spend alone time with me or when I'm just rubbing her head, trying to ignore the others wanting their share. If you have at least three hours in a day to spend time with your tiel, it won't hurt to get just one. They will just want to be your companion for almost everything, always riding around on your shoulder and getting into your business. But if you have school or work, just like every other human, then get at least two. Granted, they will still need attention. Tiels, from my experience, are very "flock oriented" birds.

Like I said, this is just my opinion. I've had tiels for twelve (almost thirteen) years now, so I'd like to think I have at least some experience with them.
"Go ahead reveal yourself,
As you were born to do,
Their fathers killed the prophets,
Hallelujah! They're going to kill us too."
Children 18:3 - Final

Female/Christian/Homeschooled/INFP/FNaF/Godzilla/Writer/Bugs/Cockroaches/Markiplier
"I'm wearing no disguise, a Jesus Freak 'til the day that I die. And I will not compromise, throw every stone but you can't take my life." 7eventh Time Down - Alive in You
Megaguirus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lexi<3 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:55 pm

Hey, check out the pets on my account and tell me what u think ! I made an aviary

Edit:
Can anyone tell me what parrots these are supposed to represent ? I can't figure it out. They were in the same litter as the macaw,caique,lovebird, tiel etc.
Attachments
Screenshot_2017-12-29-19-00-53.png
Screenshot_2017-12-29-19-00-53.png (241.71 KiB) Viewed 39 times
╔═══════════════════════╗
Hello! Call me Lexi.
Pronouns are she/her
Feel free to trade me<3
I love birds.-- I'm a parakeet breeder with around 30 of them.
Need help with budgies? Ask me. Ive owned them for 7+ years.
soon to be cockatiel breeder

╚═══════════════════════╝

Lexi<3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DumbDolphin » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:01 am

Anyone have any tips of getting a cockatiel or any bird to trust your hand? I've had my cockatiel for about a month now and no matter, he still hates my hand. I know patience is the key and i've been putting my hand on his cage for 10-20 minutes a day while singing a song he really relaxes to. If anyone has any advice that would be wonderful!

I was also thinking of getting another cockatiel (male and male) since he really seems to be lonely at times and maybe that's the reason he hates me and my family. When I bought him he was in a cage of 7-8 other tiels. Maybe he isn't used to being alone.
𝔸
𝕟
𝕘
𝕖
𝕝
𝕤

𝕠
𝕗
𝕋
𝕙
𝕖

𝕊
𝕖
𝕒

╔═══════════╗
Hey! The name's
Dumb and I have
alot to share!

I'm a lover of
Animals! I also
love sports and
Tv shows!
╚═══════════╝
DumbDolphin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:16 am

DumbDolphin wrote:Anyone have any tips of getting a cockatiel or any bird to trust your hand? I've had my cockatiel for about a month now and no matter, he still hates my hand. I know patience is the key and i've been putting my hand on his cage for 10-20 minutes a day while singing a song he really relaxes to. If anyone has any advice that would be wonderful!

I was also thinking of getting another cockatiel (male and male) since he really seems to be lonely at times and maybe that's the reason he hates me and my family. When I bought him he was in a cage of 7-8 other tiels. Maybe he isn't used to being alone.
Feed him regularly from your hand, rather than the bowl — but first make sure you have plenty of time to keep returning each time he starts acting hungry! c; As he gets more and more used to you, you'll be able to ease-up and leave food in his bowl when he needs it, as you will have already established your trustworthyness cx
xxxxxxxxxxPics and poem are
mine :.) Clicky!xxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxImage
Imagexxxxxxxxxx
X
xxxxxAutumn, when leaves fall from the trees in blazing infernos of red and orange; when the wind grasps your hair and dances away with it over the hills. The days when tending livestock turns into hunts for feijoas and walnuts; when warm sunlight gives way to cosy fires and soft blankets, hot chocolate singeing your fingers while crisp winds carol outdoors.xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx
xxxxxAutumn. The season of cold and warm, light and dark.
X
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Return to Animal Chatter