* Pet Bird Chat * NEW

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

What is your favorite fruit/veggie to feed your birds?

quinoa
7%
cucumber
12%
strawberry
20%
carrot
12%
jalapeno
6%
sweet peppers
5%
corn
9%
grapes
13%
rice
8%
sprouts
8%

Total votes : 826

Re: * Pet Bird Chat * NEW

Postby Ranger of the North » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:55 pm

Woohoo, I finally got a male budgie today! :D He's a dark-green one; I was thinking of calling him 'Yoda' or something lol, but what do you guys think? Any name-suggestions? :D
Dad also bought a female bourke to replace Berk for Berzerk, which is cool c:
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Annebird » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:17 am

Any ones conures make somewhat of what I'd describe as a purring noise? I haven't been able to find anything on it online besides others claiming their birds do it too. Tiko tends to do it when snuggling or when puffed up; maybe a noise of satisfaction?
Hiss
Annebird

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyjaks » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:20 am

Annebird wrote:
Pyjaks wrote:Here you go! He loves to give himself head scratches when I wont do it :P

Also, this picture. It's what he does every time I leave my room XD

omg what a cutie!!!!!! <3 i can smell his spunk all the way from here :lol:

Thank you :D He definitely has an attitude :P

And as for the purring, I've heard my grandma's green cheek do something like that! My quaker also "purrs" when I'm scratching him or he's content. I think its just a "I feel happy and safe" noise.
Pyjaks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BudgieLover5000 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:36 am

x
Last edited by BudgieLover5000 on Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
BudgieLover5000

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GIGABITE » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:20 pm

Username:
Smolder
How many birds do you own? ( if applicable ):
Just one, a budgie named Sawyer. I do really want a second one soon, for a while my parents had a hard stance of 'no more animals in this house'. Nowadays it seems easier to convince them, so perhaps soon! For now I am home a great majority of the day so i am able to give him attention and socialization
How long have you had them?:
Hmm.. approaching 3 years now. Got him from a good friend who had a whole bunch of very sweet, tame young ones she was trying to find homes for
What brings you to the bird chat?:
Trying to find some fellow bird people to go into bird-mom mode at x3 I often feel weird chatting about him to my friends as I can be very talkative about him and most of my friends have no birds so they can't really keep up with all the stuff i say. This commumity here seems very nice!

If anyone is interested I shall post pics of my little runt. He's got quite a bit of attitude, he's such a cool bird
Since I work now I am able to give my boyo what he deserves; a very good and balanced diet, he has a bigger cage now, and I just ordered him some nice new toys he might like better. Had to order them since I live in kind of a small town, not many good options around here, the bird sections are always so underwhelming

Bisexual - Non-Binary - Any pronouns
Characters - DeviantArt

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
GIGABITE

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:00 pm

Kia ora, you two ^V^ Welcome along/welcome back! c:

Yuoiea, what exactly do you need help with? c:

Smolder, Sawyer sounds great; I'm interested in seeing a photo of cheeky birdie XP
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zoomzoombadaboom » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:28 pm

asteroid ricochet. wrote:Alright. I've decided I'm separating them tomorrow. Winter is continuously attacking Lemon Pepper (when angry) and they will not stop fighting over everything. But which bird should I take out of the cage, if not both? If I get another bird in the future to put in the bigger cage with one/both of them, or if I decide to put the two back together, I don't want one bird being really territorial since it had the cage all to itself after one was removed.

Note; Both birds are wild and untamed. It is not easy on any of us transporting them.

Edit; I will be holding off separating them until my question is answered.
Also, would it possibly help to keep them together, but let them out of their cage often so they get some space once in a while, and something to do to distract them from fighting? They've never been out before because I have cats, but I plan to start letting them out soon, once I make sure my room is safe for them.
i quit cs, if any of my old friends see this, thank u for the memories :)
zoomzoombadaboom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tabbster » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:51 am

asteroid ricochet. wrote:
asteroid ricochet. wrote:Alright. I've decided I'm separating them tomorrow. Winter is continuously attacking Lemon Pepper (when angry) and they will not stop fighting over everything. But which bird should I take out of the cage, if not both? If I get another bird in the future to put in the bigger cage with one/both of them, or if I decide to put the two back together, I don't want one bird being really territorial since it had the cage all to itself after one was removed.

Note; Both birds are wild and untamed. It is not easy on any of us transporting them.

Also, would it possibly help to keep them together, but let them out of their cage often so they get some space once in a while, and something to do to distract them from fighting? They've never been out before because I have cats, but I plan to start letting them out soon, once I make sure my room is safe for them.

If they don't like sharing space, then getting another bird in the future to put with one or both would be a bad idea. Maybe the cage isn't big enough for them both? Letting them out will certainly help. Just make sure you let them go back in when they want to, rather than chasing them around to get them in. Another option is if you have a bright light in the room, you could let them out at night. Birds can't see in the dark, so if you turn off the light they'll sit still and you can simply pick them up and put them in. If the fighting continues, remove Lemon Pepper since Winter seems to think It's her territory.
Tabbster

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zoomzoombadaboom » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:19 am

Squidge n' Such wrote:
asteroid ricochet. wrote:

If they don't like sharing space, then getting another bird in the future to put with one or both would be a bad idea. Maybe the cage isn't big enough for them both? Letting them out will certainly help. Just make sure you let them go back in when they want to, rather than chasing them around to get them in. Another option is if you have a bright light in the room, you could let them out at night. Birds can't see in the dark, so if you turn off the light they'll sit still and you can simply pick them up and put them in. If the fighting continues, remove Lemon Pepper since Winter seems to think It's her territory.

Alright. Thank you!
The cage I have is the biggest we could find for a good price. I don't think we can get a bigger cage than that.

Anyways; I just got home from the park to find Lemon Pepper must have fallen in or tried to bathe in the water dish. All her front feathers are damp and she's shivering a little, and I've never seen her like that before. I was pretty surprised at first! But she seems alright other than that.
i quit cs, if any of my old friends see this, thank u for the memories :)
zoomzoombadaboom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tabbster » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:50 am

My budgies love soaking in the water, and when they come out you can hardly reccognise them since they're so soggy! :lol:
Last edited by Tabbster on Sat May 04, 2019 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tabbster

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me