Goats

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: goats

Postby yesterday. » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:58 pm

@panthera!;;
how precious! They are such cuties. I bottle fed mine too. It was pretty easy, except I had to keep them on my room since we were still building the barn, so taking them out for potty breaks was pretty wild. Lol

@||cswolf||;;
Thanks! They are mischievous little stinkers ;P

- they/them
- est
- probably lookin at bugs
yesterday.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PetiteDoggo » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:12 pm

I have a couple goats! I raise some to be shown.
Here is my little Pygmy/Spanish Brush mix. This was when we first got her. (about 4 years ago) She thinks she's a dog and was a bottle-baby. Her name is Pixie.

Here is the boer goat I had shown last year and won first place in class and reserved grand champion overall. I had grown so attached to him that I just couldn't auction him off, so he came home with me and now lives with Pixie. I had shown other goats, but they were sold. However, he was just too goofy and lovable by my whole family that we just couldn't give him up.
His name is Ace.
sorry that the image is so cropped off. Don't wanna show my face.

They are my babies! ♥
{PetiteDoggo/LittlePuppy} {They/Them}
PetiteDoggo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MelancholyMoon » Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:25 am

Ermahgersh! I freaking love goats! One day I am gonna just get my own goat farm or something.. Seriously.

Magnetic eyes revealing her dark soul;
mysterious mind with secrets hidden,
psychic intuition makes her a beautiful predator
eyes ablaze with intensity,
a labyrinth of her deepest emotions.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage ImageImageImage
MelancholyMoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Goats

Postby ۞Silverheart۞ » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:04 am

I edited the front page i hope it looks better! :>
well
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
۞Silverheart۞

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby antiquités » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:16 pm

My people!
All the goats I've seen are so adorable ^^ I own a little LaMancha named Enzo. He's around 4 months right now, and is becoming a teenager xD I managed to get this picture of him before he snatched the corner of my phone.

searching for rp partner/pen pal
antiquités

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby perilous » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:30 pm

I love goats so much!

They're just so cute.

I was actually planning on getting some, but I decided I shouldn't at the moment.

I would love to get a few in the future, though! I don't know why, I've just always been fond of them.

My favorite breed would have to be the Norwegian pygmy. They're just so adorable! Ahhhhhh!

Sydney - 17 - She/Her

perilous

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby watts » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:11 am

I love goats.
    Are they expensive to keep? I want to try and convince my parents to get me a babe

rpnt watts ; polyfrag DID system

it/they

apex legends || icon (c) tinivy @ tumblr
watts

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yesterday. » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:00 am

@rayn.i
sorry for such a late reply! i haven't been on in ages.
they certainly can be. purebred goats can cost hundreds of dollars, but breed doesn't necessarily matter if you aren't interested in showing them. the hay for them can cost like $30 usd per bale (at least where i live), and you usually have to buy pellet feed as well. they also need lots of shrubbery to graze on, and (depending on where you live) often need to be wormed fairly often. which you can do at home, but you still have to buy the meds. not to mention building them an enclosure. you also shouldn't have just one, as they are a herd animal and can get very lonely and problematic. and often, unless you milk them and sell the babies, there isn't really any return (except their adorableness!)

so yes, they can be fairly expensive to keep. but it really depends on how many you have, what you do with them, and how much resources are in your area.
if you think it's something you might be interested in, though, you should definitely give it a go! maybe find someone in your area with goats and ask to visit their farm a few times and help out to get a feel for what they're like. that's what i did, and it was very helpful.

hope that helps!!
yesterday.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Middy. » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:16 pm

Haven't been on here in ages lol. Last time I posted mine were still babies!

Athena and Zeus are all grown up now and had their first kid last year! A blue eyed black and white doe named Artemis! (Who looks very similar to Zeus!) I retained her. Didn't get any new pics of her tonight since her and my wether are currently in the naughty pen up front for escaping lol.

Athena is currently pregnant and I believe we are getting close! (We had some escapes from the bucks, so not sure on when she is due or even who the dad will be!) Then I also got a nice little black buck in August that I still haven't named lol.
.Middy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ??? ??? » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:43 am

Hey guys,

I love goats and was interested in starting a goat farm. I've got a general idea of what I need to do and how much money I might need, but there are a lot of details I haven't quite figured out. Could anyone provide resources?

On a side note, love everyone's pictures. All of 'em are amazing.
??? ???

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me