Fish Lovers 3.0 [new poll]

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

The members list is getting long. Should I change the way it's set up?

Yes, only list people's usernames
25%
Yes, only list people's usernames and the species of fish they own
60%
No, I like it the way it is
14%
Other (PM me with your idea)
2%

Total votes : 502

Re: Fish Lovers 3.0 [new poll]

Postby fluffycat6 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:57 am

I’ve had the new angelfish for a week or so now and he’s doing awesome, settled in really well. My older one chased him a little at first but they seem to be friends now, or at least tolerate each other haha :D

Here’s some pictures of them, first one is the older one (named Speck) and the second is the new one (Lindt)

Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image please click!
fluffycat6

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby andy; » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:29 pm

Username: Glass Of Water
How many fish tanks do you have: Two! I have a 10gal and a 2.5 gal.
Types of fish that you have: I currently don't have any fish (I've been taking a bit of a break). But I've kept a variety of freshwater fish, mostly Bettas. I'm hoping to be able to get some more soon!
Your fishs' names: ^^
How long have you had fish: I've had fish since I was a kid, but I've been caring for them on my own for almost seven years now.

I was a member of this thread a few years ago, under the same account! It's good to be back!

𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝

Image Image Image

andy - they/he - adult - psychology
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
hey all! andy here! i've been an
infrequent cs user since 2013.
this site has always brought comfort,
so i'm back to see how things are going!
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐚𝐬𝐤 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧
andy;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .cherry blossom. » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:57 pm

In need if desperate help! I originally had 6 guppy fry. Then one day, I found one dead in their fry box. Part of me was sad because I was kind of proud that all six I had originally captured from the tank had survived, but I figured 'they're fry. At least one of thems gonna die. It's the way of nature.' But then another died suddenly. I found him freshly dead on his side. He had silvery blue around his gills and a swollen bump on his tail, right before the end where it turns into a fin. Then today I had to quarantine a third who had a smaller growth in his tail, just like his past sibling. Now a fourth may be growing one as well. I very upset and would like as many as possible to survive, saying as their mother, my favorite fish, died a couple days ago due to a deformed spine (she was a fighter and survived for two months after getting a extremely deformed spine that caused her tail to sag down. Before she died her body was almost at a right angle. RIP Comet- love you forever!) Can anyone identify this sickness and what I can do? Anything would be amazing!!!
.cherry blossom.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby andy; » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:53 am

The Enchantress wrote:In need if desperate help! I originally had 6 guppy fry. Then one day, I found one dead in their fry box. Part of me was sad because I was kind of proud that all six I had originally captured from the tank had survived, but I figured 'they're fry. At least one of thems gonna die. It's the way of nature.' But then another died suddenly. I found him freshly dead on his side. He had silvery blue around his gills and a swollen bump on his tail, right before the end where it turns into a fin. Then today I had to quarantine a third who had a smaller growth in his tail, just like his past sibling. Now a fourth may be growing one as well. I very upset and would like as many as possible to survive, saying as their mother, my favorite fish, died a couple days ago due to a deformed spine (she was a fighter and survived for two months after getting a extremely deformed spine that caused her tail to sag down. Before she died her body was almost at a right angle. RIP Comet- love you forever!) Can anyone identify this sickness and what I can do? Anything would be amazing!!!

Is the bump cotton-y in texture? If so, it sounds like a fungus. I would look into the symptoms of ick- tail rot, cotton spots- and see if they apply to your fish.
Do you have any pictures of the bump? That might help discern what it could be.

𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝

Image Image Image

andy - they/he - adult - psychology
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
hey all! andy here! i've been an
infrequent cs user since 2013.
this site has always brought comfort,
so i'm back to see how things are going!
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐚𝐬𝐤 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧
andy;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Agamid » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:21 am

[b]Username:ilovepets187
[b]How many fish tanks do you have: 13
[b]Types of fish that you have: Betta 8, tetra 6, goldfish 1, pleco 1, 2 other
[b]Your fishs' names:only my betta fish. Flash,Carrot,Banana,Leroy, Cookie,Bumble,Pearl,Storm
[b]How long have you had fish: 10 years

Image Image
Image Image Image
I'm a Dog!

Dogs are honest, smart, loyal, sense of justice and fair play, affectionate, practical, easy-going
Sometimes they can be lazy, cold, stubborn, quarrelsome.

Agamid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fluffycat6 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:59 pm

I took a video of my pleco eating zucchini haha, he’s so cute

https://youtu.be/T8EFU7SyTPs

Does anyone else feed veggies to their fish?
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image please click!
fluffycat6

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lonin » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:03 pm

fluffycat6 wrote:I took a video of my pleco eating zucchini haha, he’s so cute

https://youtu.be/T8EFU7SyTPs

Does anyone else feed veggies to their fish?

Awww he's so cute.
Yup yup. We stuck a piece of broccoli in for our pleco. She's not interested but it's now covered in kuhli loaches.
You cannot eat love, nor buy a horse with it, nor warm your halls on a cold night
Lonin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hime » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:14 pm

When I had more ottos I occasionally fed them zucchini or cucumber. They loved them, but would always leave the skin un-eaten. :lol:

Finally decided to set up my own little diy CO2 system couple days ago. It does seem to be producing some gas and now that I added a 'bell' to the air stone, hopefully some of the gas also dissolve into the water instead of just running to the surface. Can't say yet if it makes any differance to the plants, though my main focus would be killing off some algae as I really really really don't like the black fluffy kind that tries to suffocate my filters...
And speaking of plants... Does anyone here use Easy-Life Profito? See I recently bought a new bottle and the color of the liquid is much much much lighter than it was in my previous bottle. So I was wondering does anyone here use that product and have they noticed a change in it during past year or so.
Can we pretend that the airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars?
I could really use a wish right now, wish right now, wish right now...
Hime

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ladybug5 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:27 am

Since it's been a while since I've posted and I have more fish now, I'll repost the member form.
Username: ladybug5
How many fish tanks do you have: 2 that are technically mine, plus three additional ones that I share with my family
Types of fish that you have: one betta, too many platties to count, 6 cory cats, two mollies, and 8 zebra danios
Your fishs' names: still trying to come up with a name for my betta fish
How long have you had fish: on and off for my whole life

Does anyone know of any live plants that are short but grow upwards? I'm thinking 6 or 7 inches is as tall as I want it to be. I've been having a problem with algae in my aquarium, even though I've been keeping up with regular maintenance on it. It's been covering the glass and the leaves of my live anubius plant that is in there. I'm hoping another live plant might help some with the algae. It's only a 5 gallon aquarium with a baby betta in it. Thank you!
I am one of the Wishing Phoenix! I gift good people their wishlist pets! Please do not send me trades, for I will come to you. Thank you. :)

Image Image
ladybug5

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WhiteWater ; » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:24 am

ah man i havent posted here in a while... ahh.

Some things have happened since I have last posted, including buying a used custom made 60 gallon Pentagon tank, as well as picking up some new bettas, as of last week.

Usually, personally, I tend to focus not won the larger fish, however I used to own multiple bettas and loved them, but the larger fish grew onto me. Last weekend though, I gave in to the most beautiful betta I've ever seen in person, a gorgeous dragonscale, which I gracefully named "pretty boy". Now, I've also got two females and I used to breed bettas, although I have a few questions this time around due to this particular set of bettas.
I am not on cs very often and am scared of not replying on here if somebody somehow responds to this, but if you could send me a pm I should get it and I can send more pictures and such. I'm not sure if it's allowed to post this way but i don't see any problems,I just need some advice and know you guys have really good info ♡

Sorry about the gigantic picture.

────────────
bree | female canadian | reptiles | fish | cars
hello there! i'm whitewater, but you can call me white or bree!
i'm simply a weird atlantic canadian who has a fascination with cars,
reptiles, photography, dead things and drawing! feel free to shoot
me a pm if you just simply want to talk,
or if I could help you with anything!
────────────────────
discord: WhiteWater #2061
toyhouse: whitewater
commissions: art shop
art trades: open
────────────
WhiteWater ;

My pets