Annoying Things People Do To/With Your Pet(s)

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Annoying Things People Do To/With Your Pet(s)

Postby carnivorous. » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:54 pm

Oh. My. God.

Okay, so I have this friend
Every time they come over, they pet my dog, and carry them, then get upset when the dog doesn't like strangers. They keep acting like "Oh, this is my dog now, don't do this, don't do that"
This is my dog, they have been with me for a while and have grown a very strong bond to me, I think I know what I'm doing by carrying my dog the right way that she loves.
"how fleeting
and fragile life is..."

hello there;
i'm carnivorous.
any pronouns are fine.
my interests vary greatly,
if you're interested, feel
free to ask, i don't bite.

i am a holibomber!
          i have gifted 5 people.
          i have received 3 gifts.
carnivorous.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cornspurrd. » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:55 am

This Kid comes Over to my house, My sisters friend. He comes into my room and pulls out my rats WITHOUT permission and flings them around like a flipping toy.

I'm angered.
Smile and wave...
cornspurrd.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jengatower » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:24 pm

-It really grinds my gears when people treat animals horribly because they're apparently "low maintenance". No animal is low maintenance, not even a fish or insect. Taking care of an animal is like raising a child.
-Cages that are obviously too small for the pet, commercial hamster and bird cages being the worst.
-Putting lizards and geckos in tanks filled with sand. Not a lot of lizards live in sandy deserts despite what many people think. I've heard a pet store owner tell someone that leopard geckos live in sandy environments. ugh
-I never owned a dog so I had bad experiences with dog owners instead of problems being one. I really don't like it when people keep their noisy and unfriendly dogs outside. I get nervous around dogs, especially when they bark at me.

schistad; wrote:
    i have a doberman and oh my, my. ive had people tell me i cant control him (as he walks peacefully - on leash - beside me). i had a lady tell me to get him out of her neighborhood because he was aggressive and out of control. i had never met this lady before and he was literally sitting beside me while her twenty dogs barked and lunged at him.

i had a man shove his dog into my doberman’s face. my doberman bared his teeth and the man yelled at me. this man litersally stopped me and dragged his dog in front of mine and then got mad at me and told me i shouldnt have an aggressive dog with me.

the same day as that happened with the man. children screamed and ran sobbing to their parents when my dobe didnt do a thing but walk. they tried to hit him with their bikes and skateboards which he was afraid of. one person jumped off a cement thing and landed about 3 inches behind rocky and rocky whipped backwards and the person yelled at me.

people are literal idiots when it comes to typical scary dog breeds. my doberman has never acted aggressively to a person. people love to tell me i cant control him when hes not out of control?? its odd.

My mom really wants a doberman one day and hearing this just makes me worried. What's the big deal with labeling certain dog breeds as dangerous? All dogs can be dangerous. The only thing that makes a dog dangerous is the owner or lack thereof.
^listening to sweet trip^
semi-inactive
they/she

jengatower

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Foggy Mist » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:52 pm

I hate it when people try to pet my Chihuahua, his name is Demon for a reason aka Niem Niem for the public’s sake. People try and come up to us when we have him. Okay, he likes adults but he doesn’t like younger children. If he is comfortable, do not touch him because he will growl and snap at you.
✞May StarClan light your path Thanks wimsy-draws for the profile pic: Image
Pet's name: Scourge NFT
Foggy Mist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby blazesong » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:23 am

saw someone calling people who dont shave long/double coated idiots for beliving a (useing there words) theory about the coat insulateing

sorry mate i'm not going to shave my boys cause you dont know any better

i need a new signature

blazesong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rekkovi » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:31 am

I hate it so much when people say it's stupid to have lizards or make disgusted faces when they see my bearded dragons. (Or my crested gecko, but cresties are considered to be "cuter" usually)
Some even call them "bibittes" which is used in French only in Quebec I believe, basically it's to talk about a "nasty" creature such as a fly or a spider. Not really kind.

But like, I never asked for their opinion?? And I certaibly don't like all that negativity. My lizards are very dear to me and it upsets me when people openly say that they find them ugly. They can think what they want, but they could keep it to themselves…
ImageImage
she/her • young adult
rekkovi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blumenkranz » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:22 pm

xmemmax wrote:
I hate it so much when people say it's stupid to have lizards or make disgusted faces when they see my bearded dragons. (Or my crested gecko, but cresties are considered to be "cuter" usually)
Some even call them "bibittes" which is used in French only in Quebec I believe, basically it's to talk about a "nasty" creature such as a fly or a spider. Not really kind.

But like, I never asked for their opinion?? And I certaibly don't like all that negativity. My lizards are very dear to me and it upsets me when people openly say that they find them ugly. They can think what they want, but they could keep it to themselves…

I have this same problem. Last weekend I bought a gorgeous Gargoyle Gecko. I was really happy with her and people kept stopping me to say she was pretty and to ask where I got her. However, once I got home the first thing my mom does is call her ‘creepy’ and ‘gross’ :/ I’ve got a lot of other comments like these about my gecko and my other reptile (a rosy boa) and it’s really irritating, I never asked for their opinion so why do they bother saying anything?

There’s also the comments my parents make on my dog. He’s a miniature pinscher, recently turned nine years old and has gray hairs all over his muzzle. Because of his old age my parents make a lot of jokes about him dying and it really bothers me
Blumenkranz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby canisrufus » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:04 pm

When I was little we lived in a trailer park with three lakes near it. Me and my friends would constantly go down there all the time. One day this one girl found a bunch of turtle hatch-lings and eggs. They took them home. They tried to hatch the eggs even though they did not have the right equipment! They also took the hatch-lings and painted their shells >:(. They claimed the paint was 'turtle paint' and that they got it at a pet store, but we all knew it was nail polish. At the time I was too little to know any better. My mom on the other hand was infuriated. She bought one of the hatch-lings at took the nail polish off. When the turtle was full-grown we released him. I really wish we took all the turtles now because the poor things are probably dead now ;-;
canisrufus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bookshelf » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:48 pm

canisrufus wrote:When I was little we lived in a trailer park with three lakes near it. Me and my friends would constantly go down there all the time. One day this one girl found a bunch of turtle hatch-lings and eggs. They took them home. They tried to hatch the eggs even though they did not have the right equipment! They also took the hatch-lings and painted their shells >:(. They claimed the paint was 'turtle paint' and that they got it at a pet store, but we all knew it was nail polish. At the time I was too little to know any better. My mom on the other hand was infuriated. She bought one of the hatch-lings at took the nail polish off. When the turtle was full-grown we released him. I really wish we took all the turtles now because the poor things are probably dead now ;-;

Sort of same thing happened to me once. I was at a soccer game, and at that level (I was like 4 or 5) they just play all of the games at once on a huge field with smaller fields, so allllll the kids were there. Me and like 20 other kids went into the woods and found a nest of baby mice. This kid. Took. Home. All of them. They were probably only a couple days old, he didn't take the mother either!! I was also too young to even know it was bad but in a few years I realized how awful it was. Next week for our next game he informed us all that they died within a day. It was really sad.
-----------------------------

In the salsify mains of what
was thought but unsaid
All the calcified arithmatists
were doing the math
And it would take a calculated
blow to the head
To light the eyes of all the
harmless sociopaths

-----------------------------

bookshelf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lepisma » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:15 pm

"You keep a betta with other fish?!"
Well, yeah, they're not monsters. You just have to pick the right friends!
Usually my bettas were the ones being picked on, not the other way around :lol:
I miss keeping them, but I have dwarf cichlids in my tank now and they probably wouldn't get along. One day I'll have enough room for more tanks!

Also, people who think they will be the chosen one who will befriend my one non-people-friendly cat. No, he just wants to sniff you, don't pet him. He will get upset and swat at you, and I'm only going to warn you once or twice before you get kicked out or I just hand you a box of bandages. Go pet the other cats! >/
Lepisma

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me