Annoying Things People Do To/With Your Pet(s)

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Annoying Things People Do To/With Your Pet(s)

Postby blazesong » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:01 am

Lupen wrote:
blazesong wrote:
Clementina wrote:
So its not really my pet, its a breed. But my mom, she hates pit bulls for some reason.. ._.
She says they are not even a real breed.. It may be true, but that kinda hurts my feelings.
My mom says the pit bull "always" turns on the owner. And yet.. I see this pit bull playing with a little girl, and they are having fun. ._. They are not rats. They are beautiful creatures.

#stopthehate. ._.

i know someone like that, but it is with ALL bully breeds

i told them i saw a amarican bull dog (or something like that) who was playing well with a goldie ,two JRTs and my dog and they said "ooo you need to be carfull they can turn at any second" i stood for a second hoping i miss heard them, i for one am very careful and this dog was extremley friendley, yes i watch him a bit more then i would the goldie but i dont see the point in avoiding a bully breed for no reason

That's one of my pet peeves as well. It is true that bully breeds are predisposed to dog aggression, which means they're more likely to have dog aggression than say a golden retriever. But that doesn't mean that every single pit bull will be dog aggressive, and in no way, shape or form does dog aggression = human aggression. Bully breeds actually make wonderful family dogs, and can be extremely sweet and loyal... as long as they're trained right. An owner of a bully breed should know what to expect. The pros and cons. And they need to have researched and prepared for dog aggression if the problem arises.

It's just a shame that downright horrible owners have given pit bulls and other bully breeds such a bad rep. Between people carelessly breeding and producing unsound dogs, gang members buying pits and training them horribly to seem cool, and well-meaning but incredibly clueless people, it's no wonder they're wildly misunderstood.

i agree - i have had my run in with many dogs , my dog has been attacked when he was young(thank gosh for his mane) by a herding breed, small dogs have tryed to attack him (again his mane - all they got was fur), and seen many dogs get close to fights at the dog park and only very few are bully breeds and when it is a bully breed ,they are not the ones who start it

but i have see dog agressive dogs who are bully breeds as well

i need a new signature

blazesong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hoshido » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:32 am

My friends will just drop my hamster on the floor when she licks them to show them that she loves them and she got a broken paw 2 times from this already
Hello!
joined 2014, played ever since <3
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Idiscord: 3rdplanet
please read my trade rules if you plan on trading.

~~THANK YOU FOR READING HAVE A NICE DAY~~
hoshido

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Cat » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:48 am

My sister's evil little friend likes to scare the death out of my cats by picking them up and running off with them. :\

Thank goodness she rarely is allowed to visit now.
Best of wishes
The Cat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlingBling » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:12 pm

Not my cats exactly but c'mon I work with em... When people decided to try and play with the shelter cats before dinner, getting them riled up and ticked off so that whenever we try to get to them, we end up getting scars up and down our arms 8'D yay

And another, a pup I was fostering once, a Chow-Chow was play-fighting with a harrier (both were 10 weeks or so) and an old lady starts beating the chow with her purse because he was 'aggressive, evil, and should not be allowed at Petsmart at all!' Well I screamed at her, picked up the poor, scared and confused baby who now was refusing to interact with his previous buddy, and kicked that lady out of the store. It took me a while to get him to know it won't happen again and he wasn't doing anything wrong ;n; I mean why.. Why would someone do that to a dog they don't even know the temperament of? He wasn't being overly rough either, an ear-chew or scruff grab at most and just.. This is why I don't trust people near my animals, much less the shelter's *hawk-eyed cami*

Shawol - Monbebe - Carat - Insomnia
BlingBling

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Maligator » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:16 pm

Well, its not my dog, but my old friends dog. He was a Pomeranian mix and she used to punch him in the nose so he would sneeze.
Another time, she would be patting my old dog(She was a pit bull, rottweiler, boxer shar pei mix) and she would scratch her realllyyy fast and then start smacking her. My goodness, animal abuse much?
♡ Lover and wearer of Lolita fashion ♡

♡ Obsession with PPS dragon cats ♡

♡ Extremely passionate about dogs ♡

These are my babies

Misty
♫ You didn't choose this,
but you'll be defined
by the times you didn't
quit. Will you be
remembered by what
darkness did, or what
you did with it?
Will you turn the
light out, or be a
human lighthouse?
Keep breaking down or
break your chains?
If you're standing on the
ledge, so close to giving
up on holding on… You'll
never know what could
have been. Who would
you be if you had just
stayed strong? You are
more than what you're
enduring, you can make
it to the morning. All your
pain is just a hero forming.
If you can save,
you can save your story ♫
Maligator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Grimace » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:16 pm

Why do you guys even let any of these people near your animals? Like i can understand it the first time, but a lot of this stuff sounds like it's pretty regular.
Grimace

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rubble » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:17 pm

This is pretty different from what I've seen on this thread but it annoys me when people come to an off-leash dog beach and they're afraid of dogs. I'm like, why would you come here if you're afraid? There's a normal beach with no dogs allowed a two minute walk away! Like, ugh.

Like my dog will come up to say hello to them, not jumping but just politely with a wagging tail and they'll run away and of course then she'll chase them because the game is on.
rubble

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Toothed Goose » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:14 am

Hmm... many things...

I'm really annoyed when someone I know starts telling me that Cesar Millan's techniques don't work. I ask why. And they say because they've tried it on their dog and it doesn't work. So they tell me to stop using the techniques on my dog. Meanwhile, it works perfectly on my dog, and he's very well educated.

I'm also very annoyed when people want to give my dog human food. Thankfully they ask first. But I'm like: Human food is for humans! Dog food is for dogs!
Toothed Goose

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ferncat » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:48 am

Oh my gosh! My brother with our cat, Jazz. She is not a lap cat, and hates being picked up, or put on laps. She'll only choose when she wants to. And my brother is 16, and he can't pick up the cat properly, and I can see she doesn't like it. And he meows in a high, annoying pitch right in her face, and it's so loud and annoying! When she sat the on the couch the other day, he picked her up, not supporting her legs, and dumped her on his lap. She tried to get off, but he kept on doing it! And he did for 5 minutes, and he was happy when she finally lay down on his lap. But 2 minutes later, she hopped off because he got off, only to go on the computer!
Cypher wrote:Well, its not my dog, but my old friends dog. He was a Pomeranian mix and she used to punch him in the nose so he would sneeze.
Another time, she would be patting my old dog(She was a pit bull, rottweiler, boxer shar pei mix) and she would scratch her realllyyy fast and then start smacking her. My goodness, animal abuse much?

Oh gosh that's horrible!
ferncat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby I r o n. » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:20 am

Omigosh yesh.. I know my friends, they see my hairles cat, there like. Omigerd your disgusting-That's distgusting >.< It hurt's meh Koda's feelings. You guys are reading this like, true, those are gross .. I only met one person who kinda liked him..
im quitting this game, i dont even enjoy it anymore, but i really did while it lasted!
I r o n.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me