Annoying Things People Do To/With Your Pet(s)

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Annoying Things People Do To/With Your Pet(s)

Postby HobblinGoblin » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:13 am

People thinking I'm
a) cruel for keeping my horse barefoot and (usually) rugless
b) too nice/ 'a horse hippy' for training him at liberty and occasionally giving him treats, not smacking him for being scared of stuff, etc.
c) a 'hoarder' because, if one of my pets needs something, I'll try to have it on hand. I don't like to borrow other people's things, therefore I own a lot of stuff.
d) cruel for keeping my guinea pig alone and indoors (unfortunately, he attacks almost anything fluffy that moves. Literally bit a cat through the bars of his outdoor run. Also it's currently too cold outside for him, so he has his own little radiator )
e) 'over-thinking it' when I won't let people feed the guinea pig random stuff, or for taking him to the vet when his arthritis is getting bad

Essentially, I don't like being told what to do with my own pets.
HobblinGoblin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kopus » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:41 pm

So a few times now when our does have kid, and the little guys are within a few weeks old, my dad's step-dad will try to pick them up, and he just holds them wrong --even when I try to instruct him the right way. It annoys me, for sure. But more than that, when he stays over at our house during deer season, he'll try to handle our pet bird. Which, our bird is the most sensitive thing ever and we never touch her because if you do, or try to reach for her, she'll flip out and will act extremely panicked for the rest of the day. That annoys me really bad as well, worse than the first.
Last edited by kopus on Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
kopus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shikanta17 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:34 pm

I had a guinea pig that was in pain and not eating/drinking right so I was hand feeding her. One of my mom’s friends came over and saw how much work I was putting into her and told me “why don’t you just let her die if you have to care for it so much?” I went to the vet and all they had to do was file down her teeth...an unrelated, undiagnosed issue took her about a month later but really? How would you like it if I just told you to let your older dog die because you have to care for it a little more than normal? (Calling any animal/pet an ‘it’ irritates me by itself so being told to just let my animal die and have her life trivialized just pissed me off)
shikanta17

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WeirdWhiteStarDoggo » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:12 pm

So
we have 2 cats
one is a long furred orange tabby tom and he is pretty much my child. He follows me just about everywhere in the house, actually comes when I call him (and I tend to come when he calls me :3) and he's calm and quiet (except when he wants my attention) and super affectionate in general. Very very sweet kitty, and now that I think about it, he spends all day with me when i'm at home, and even tries to curl up on me or by my head at night. (note that I even have him here with me as I type 💖)
And I swear he gets tortured by everyone else besides my mother and myself.

My brother in particular will constantly come into my room whenever he wants (of course that alone is irritating) and just say "I'm petting the cat, shut up"
cool, nothing wrong there but rudeness
until he grips my baby's fur and pulls on him or squeezes his scruff and shakes him or pull his tail or tries to grab him and pick him up to take him away by his fur and sometimes even just comes in to chase him away from me
I hate it so much
That is NOT just "petting" the cat.
And when I get mad at him for bullying the only creature in the house that spends time with me just to see him squirm or even to get me mad at him because of it, my dad yells at ME as if I'm the one trying to start a fight or hogging the cat for myself.
The poor thing could be across the living room from me, getting pressed down into the couch cushions or squished and pulled in some other cruel and unusual way by my brother, but if I speak up and tell him to lay off, I'm still the one who gets yelled at.
I recently got my mother to see how he treats him and she no longer yells at me when I tell him to leave the cat alone,
but it's still very upsetting to see my little love being treated like a stress ball or furry play dough and not a living creature.

I have 3 younger sisters who also do a bit of tugging and mishandling, but they don't do it to the cats on purpose just to get me mad or hear the cat yowl in discomfort.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's pet gets mistreated by a sadistic bully of a family member, but that's a sad thought. ;-;
⭒~✩💕𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓭𝓷𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓲𝓼 𝓯𝓻𝓮𝓮 ~ 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝓲𝓼 𝓷𝓸 𝓭𝓮𝓫𝓽💕✩~⭒
💖 ⭒~✩💕𝓶𝓪𝔂 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓽𝓻𝓪𝓭𝓮𝓼 𝓫𝓮 𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻 𝓲𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓯𝓪𝓿𝓸𝓻💕✩~⭒ .💖

💜 Crasher 💜

I do commissions! I will draw for pets/C$!
PM me if you're interested!

Click the sparkling hearts to see my auctions!
WeirdWhiteStarDoggo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby revvington » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:16 pm

So
We have 2 dogs and a cat
One of my dogs, gizmo, is very old and is going to pass soon.
My brother knows this and purposely sits on her, hits her, and constantly throws stuff at her.
He also makes my cat, pooh, dig her claws into my legs whenever she's on my lap.
He pets her so roughly, and you don't do that to an 18 year old cat or any animal.

♡━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━♡

Eris | They/he
"If you see Spruce, don't tell him what you saw here."

TH Listo Goatlings

"That suit is like a brother to me, the only one I have."
♡━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━♡
revvington

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby taffy; » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:09 am

when i tell people my goldfish is blind and has trouble swimming, they immediately
either tap the tank harshly or scream at the tank. you're scaring my boy! please stop!! he can
still feel you doing those things to him and its not exactly kind. idc if he's "just a fish", it's
rude to do that to my boy nugget noodle. also ppl like to call him creepy because of his
blackened eyes. ahhh he was born like that leave him alone ;-;

also WHY DO PPL TRY TO TOUCH MY GOLDFISH???? WHY like pls dont do that
taffy;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HetaliaTrashOhMyGod » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:14 am

People always think that my Tortoise might bite them/hurt them somehow??

She's a precious baby that's only gonna grow to be like, 9 inches long

Also don't touch her she doesn't like boops on the snoot even from me
I've quit Chicken Smoothie!
HetaliaTrashOhMyGod

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JK341 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:58 pm

Oh yeah, try owning a Dalmatian. (well, technically she is a dalmatian / lab mix, but still...)

I get people all the time asking me if Katey is a dalmatian or if she has any dalmatian in her and when i say yes, they are all like: "Um, you know those are mean dogs, right?" I mean, really? The TV repair guy even said that WHILE he was patting and rubbing her, lol! :what:

Or people feel the need to tell me how dumb they heard that they are, I'm thinking to myself: "Dude, you literally have only known my dog for like, 2 minutes and suddenly you are an expert?"

This girl has outsmarted me more than enough times to dismiss that theory, lol! And she has the sweetest personality of any other dog i have ever known. 💖

I'm back, gonna give this site another try lol, please be patient with me while i get things re-organized <3

Other places you can find me:

JK341

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wildflower. » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:59 pm

i tell my mom not to hold my hamster, Oliver high up, she does anyways! He's a lil baby hammy and he doesn't like le heights, like me! c;
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░

Hello!
i'm wildflower but you
can call me flower!
I enjoy making friends,
trading, roleplaying, &
creating art!
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░

─────────────────────────

────────────────────────────────────
Extra things:
The Rares List & The Fair Trade Thread are very helpful!
Check out this topic for a whole list of helpful sources
Look at my Trade Thread for more info on trading me!
Need help with something on cs? Ask me or ask here!
I love Free Rein, wildlife, traveling the world,
horses/any animal, reading, writing & roleplaying!

Advertisements; _Cerberus_'s Red Toxic Giveaway!

Have a lovely day!

Dreamies | Dressups | Art Gallery |

───────────────────────────────────

wildflower.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Siskiy » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:30 pm

I have pet mice and I’ve had people jokingly tell me they’d like to feed them to their cat/snake. Like come on seriously? These are my beloved friends and you joke about killing them? Ha ha ha sooo funny.
Siskiy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me