Annoying Things People Do To/With Your Pet(s)

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Annoying Things People Do To/With Your Pet(s)

Postby Gaycko » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:03 am

My big German shepherd is always being dressed up, though she enjoys it and if she didn't I wouldn't do it. I think.it's okay dressing up your dog is;
1) they need it (boots for winter time to protect from the chemicals and cold, jackets for smaller dogs or even bigger dogs without a lot of fur)
2) They're not being harmed by it
3) You understand when to stop

My dog has a sweater and loves it she actually gets mad if we take it off, but it's to keep her a bit warmer outside or look a bit cuter, because compared to most small dogs, big dogs tend to be able to handle it better and enjoy it. (This is what I've noticed not actual facts with the small dog big dog comparison)
Formerly Seven of Sushi!
Call me Red or Seven please if just chatting casually
Adult/Male
He/him/his
๐Ÿณ๏ธโ€๐ŸŒˆ
Gaycko

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby //Kitty cat » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:54 am

At the store with my service doggo in training Max and he was lying down breathing heavily because we had run. I watered him when I was outside. Some lady walked up to me and said I wasn't taking proper care of him and that he was obviously dehydrated. I explained that I had just watered him and she just rolled her eyes and walked off. -_- It's probably because my dog is about twice my size, it's easy to assume I'm far too little and young to be taking care of this goliath.

โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ ๏ผฉ๏ผณ ๏ผจ๏ผก๏ผฒ๏ผค๏ผฌ๏ผน ๏ผก โ”€
โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“
โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“
โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“

โœถ linkkkkkk
โœถ linkkkkkk
โœถ linkkkkkk
โœถ linkkkkkk
โœถ linkkkkkk
โœถ linkkkkkk

โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โœถโœถโœถ โ”€โ”€โ”€

๏ผฏ๏ผฆ๏ผ
๏ผฏ๏ผฆ๏ผ
โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“
โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“

โ”€โ”€โ”€ โœถโœถโœถ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โœถโœถโœถ โ”€โ”€โ”€

โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“ ยฉ โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โœถ
โœถ
โœถ
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ–“โ–“โœถโ–“โ–“
โ–“โ–“
โœถโ–“โ–“
โ–“โ–“
โœถโ–“โ–“
โ–“โ–“
โœถโ–“โ–“
โ–“โ–“
โœถโ–“โ–“
โ–“โ–“
โœถโ–“โ–“
โ–“โ–“
โœถโ–“โ–“
โ–“โ–“
โœถโ–“โ–“
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€
I'm Lewis! (he/him)
EDS Warrior and SD Handler
-Not online often
Please be patient with
trades and messages!

โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€
๏ผฃ๏ผฏ๏ผฌ๏ผฌ๏ผฅ๏ผฃ๏ผด๏ผฉ๏ผฏ๏ผฎ ๏ผฏ๏ผฆ

โ”€โ”€โ”€ โœถโœถโœถ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€

โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“
โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“
โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“
โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“
โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“
โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“
โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“
//Kitty cat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jealousy Empress » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:34 am

lil' noot wrote:
    What annoys me a lot is when people say purebred dogs are 'healthier' or 'better' than mixed breeds. Like, no. Lots of purebreds have tons of health problems. A good example is a bulldog. Because of it's wrinkly skin, it can easily overheat and have tons of skin problems. Bulldogs can't even give birth naturally because the puppies have too big heads. There are plenty other purebreds with other health issues. And no, it's not something that should be 'natural' or 'something that the breed has'. Stop breeding these sick dogs with each other or breed them with dogs that won't pass on such horrible genes.

Another example is pugs - purebeed pugs all have asthma. Yes, it's a pain, I would know I have two purebred pugs, but a lot of the time these issues are caused by inbreeding, not that the dog is just one breed of dog. Pugs are ONE OF THE ONLY EXCEPTIONS. All of them have asthma because they've naturally evolved flat noses and low metabolism.
โ”€โ”€๐ŸŒธโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€
Hi! i'm Laurentia,
a panromantic asexual
Demi-girl with a love
for pugs, steven universe
and Angels. i'm nearly
always open to role-
play, PM me if you want
to do a 1x1. i'm a mod
on SU artists amino
as Lapis_lazuli JSYK!

โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€๐ŸŒธโ”€โ”€
link โ— link โ— ๐ŸŒธ
Jealousy Empress

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ariconnie48 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:39 am

Sylverion wrote:Anytime people find out I have sheep, most of them often instantly make jokes about them being food or that they'll be tasty. It's infuriating! I know they're livestock but they're my pets and you will not imply you're going to eat them, thankyouverymuch!

People do that with my pet chickens and I hate it
x
x

[ Ari | Adult | Introvert ]

"I've dug two graves for us my dear"
Ariconnie48

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jealousy Empress » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:55 am

Champion. wrote:
My big German shepherd is always being dressed up, though she enjoys it and if she didn't I wouldn't do it. I think.it's okay dressing up your dog is;
1) they need it (boots for winter time to protect from the chemicals and cold, jackets for smaller dogs or even bigger dogs without a lot of fur)
2) They're not being harmed by it
3) You understand when to stop

My dog has a sweater and loves it she actually gets mad if we take it off, but it's to keep her a bit warmer outside or look a bit cuter, because compared to most small dogs, big dogs tend to be able to handle it better and enjoy it. (This is what I've noticed not actual facts with the small dog big dog comparison)

Sorry for the double post here, but I remember something from when I was little.

My dog, a pug, we got when it was that absolutely freezing winter in 2013. We couldn't put her outside for a pee, so me and my ma had to knit her boots (my ma) and a dinosaur sweater (me) . She loved it, and she enjoyed playing in the snow whilst wearing it.
โ”€โ”€๐ŸŒธโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€
Hi! i'm Laurentia,
a panromantic asexual
Demi-girl with a love
for pugs, steven universe
and Angels. i'm nearly
always open to role-
play, PM me if you want
to do a 1x1. i'm a mod
on SU artists amino
as Lapis_lazuli JSYK!

โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€๐ŸŒธโ”€โ”€
link โ— link โ— ๐ŸŒธ
Jealousy Empress

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Annebird » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:10 pm

people frightening my poor elderly rabbit by walking in his enclosure and grabbing him like a ragdoll--
though i tell them to stop, there is honestly not much i can do besides scold (and this is quite sad, considering my friends at this age are steps away from adulthood and still handle animals as young children). love my old pops to death and i don't like him having to feel anything more than leisure in his days (locking his cage would be much of a burden to access, though); maybe my words will get through to them or else i 'ought to get physical! :lol:
Hiss
Annebird

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DemureGirl » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:15 pm

One of my dogs is in a wheelchair. She has trust issues due to her inability to move quickly and is nervous of strangers...

Doesn't stop people from picking her up in her wheelchair though to get a better look at her x____x
DemureGirl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Flossie » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:04 am

For me, has to be when some people call small dogs "yappy ankle biters" or even sometimes "rats". It really annoys me, especially when some people remark that (according to them) no small dogs are trained. It makes me a bit angry, simply because, I put a lot of work into training my small bichon frise. She's extremely high energy and we are outside for hours everyday whilst I work with her.
Which leads me to another thing that annoys me. When I'm in the middle of training, which is very obvious to see, people coming over and interrupting by cooing at my dog. Her focus is really good, but when someone is literally, wrapping their hands around her without my permission, I get a bit annoyed. Sure, small dogs are cute and my dog is extremely fluffy like a teddy bear, but that doesn't give you the right to start handling her without my permission. She doesn't bite at all, but if you did it to another dog that you know nothing about, there's a high chance they might. Just a little rant, haha.
Flossie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SableShine » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:18 am

~*~ LAURENTIA ~*~ wrote:
lil' noot wrote:
    What annoys me a lot is when people say purebred dogs are 'healthier' or 'better' than mixed breeds. Like, no. Lots of purebreds have tons of health problems. A good example is a bulldog. Because of it's wrinkly skin, it can easily overheat and have tons of skin problems. Bulldogs can't even give birth naturally because the puppies have too big heads. There are plenty other purebreds with other health issues. And no, it's not something that should be 'natural' or 'something that the breed has'. Stop breeding these sick dogs with each other or breed them with dogs that won't pass on such horrible genes.

Another example is pugs - purebeed pugs all have asthma. Yes, it's a pain, I would know I have two purebred pugs, but a lot of the time these issues are caused by inbreeding, not that the dog is just one breed of dog. Pugs are ONE OF THE ONLY EXCEPTIONS. All of them have asthma because they've naturally evolved flat noses and low metabolism.

It's not naturally evolved at all. They were bred that way by humans and we've bred them to be more and more exaggerated over time.

DemureGirl wrote:One of my dogs is in a wheelchair. She has trust issues due to her inability to move quickly and is nervous of strangers...

Doesn't stop people from picking her up in her wheelchair though to get a better look at her x____x

That is absolutely disgusting behaviour, what is WRONG with people?! They could seriously hurt her depending on disability too, which they don't know the specifics of! Horrible.
ForUM is the place you are reading this. A foRM is a set of questions you fill out.
SableShine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winged-backpack » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:06 am

I hate it when small children try to pick up my rats, because they're only really comfortable around me, and they would bite them if they got too close. Not to mention the kids try to pick them up by the tails which is really dangerous for the rats because the tails would deglove (do not google that bc it is v gory, it where the skin detaches and exposes the bits underneath) and Stardust's tail is already degloved at the end (not enough that it's dangerous tho)
xxxxxAND I
THE PUMPKIN
โ—คxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxโ—ฅ
call me devon or dev (i'm a mess and so is my gender
they/them pronouns) I love Harry Potter, Star Wars,
and Tim Burton films. Birthday is 27th October ^^

Feel free to PM me about anything!

intj, chaotic neutral, ravenclaw, scorpio

my art shop//also I'm writing a book (16+)

โ—ฃxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxโ—ข
winged-backpack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me