Annoying Things People Do To/With Your Pet(s)

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Annoying Things People Do To/With Your Pet(s)

Postby Crossflare » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:49 pm

People keep telling me I need to feed my physically fit muscular cats cause they are quote starving. Mean while in the kitchen my oldest cat is eating like a pig. It baffles me that people assume I am starving my cats even though they are highly active and I play with them to keep them ftom getting obese. They get three meals a day in small portions so they eat pretty well.
Crossflare

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Requiem; » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:10 pm

So, I actually have a few things that annoy me that people complain about.

First of all, my collie is in perfect health for her age with one exception, she has a skin condition which makes her skin dry, and causes bald patches in some areas. We constantly give her moisturizing baths (for god's sake we spend an extra 25 dollars at the groomers for her special treatment) and maintain it really well! But whenever someone sees her they're just like "oh my goodness what have you done to her? She looks so mangy? Why are you neglecting her!!" Like geez, its not like we spent hundreds of dollars to get her tested to make sure it wasn't something that was going to kill her. Spoiler alert, she's perfectly fine.

Next, when people think its okay to just pick up my other dog. I have a Bichon, and yes, she's an adorable marshmallow, and yes she wants to say hi to you. But please don't just bend down and pick her up and start fawning over her??? Like I had a complete stranger ask to say hi to my dogs, and in order to get away from my collie (who just loves saying hi to people too!!) she PICKS HER UP and starts petting her. First of all, its not your dog, you don't know anything about her, she could bite for god's sake! (she doesn't, but honestly how would you know??) Second, since she's still in training, I don't want her just being rewarded for misbehaving (which she usually does by tugging at her harness to say hi to people) Third, its so rude of you to just assume its okay? How would you like it if I picked up your kid out of its stroller and just started fawning over it?

And finally, when people tell me my cats are out of control. Especially when: A) they don't have cats, B) they had a cat and now think they're experts, or C) Compare them to other cats. My cats are eccentric, there's no denying that. They run around, they play fight, they make noises, and yeah, sometimes they knock things over. But first of all, two of my cats are barely 2 years old! Of course they're gonna play a bit more than say my 9 year old cat. Second, my cats are super well trained! They know not to jump on counters/tables/etc, not to scratch on things that aren't their posts, and even come when they're called! I'm shocked when people tell me they're out of control when they see them running around the house, or meowing/making noises to get my attention. Literally leave them alone they're babies.

Theo | They/Them | Adult
Quitting, everything for c$/art

xxxxxxxImageImageImage
xxxxxxxImageImageImage
Requiem;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SoupPupped » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:27 am

So I'm a very new snake owner. Like, I just got my baby a month ago. So every now and then I'll say how I have to feed her because I think out loud a lot. Almost every person that's heard I have a snake says how she's gonna eat me or kill me with her "terrible venom". Like, even this guy (who I think just said he likes snakes cause he likes me) who was interested in my snake said "I love dangerous animals!". Like, no, she's not dangerous. At all. She's the size of my hand right now, and she'll only grow to three feet long. Her venom isn't even that strong, and her species hardly ever actually bites humans. She's a western hognose, and everyone thinks that just because she's a snake that she can kill you with one bite. Like, no, she's less dangerous than my chihuahua who will nip at strangers' ankles. It just annoys me how because there are some deadly snake species, all snakes have that rep. It didn't bother me as much when I didn't own a snake. Yeah it bothered me because they're real cute, but now that they're saying it about my snake, it's making me wanna slap someone lmao.
female - heterosexual - slytherin - extrovert - AFJROTC color guardImage
Hi, I'm Danny, a moody teenager who one days wants to be an MP/MWD handler in the  . I enjoy Camp Camp, Harry Potter, South Park, Rick and Morty, roleplaying, Hunter Avallone, Big Mouth, SVTFOE, Miraculous Ladybug, and of course, cadences. Don't be afraid to PM me or send me a trade at any time.
favorite cadence - haha yes
mood; heartbroken

days until surgery: 2

days until christmas: 8

SoupPupped

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LizzytheWolf » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:50 pm

This is a new one...

I've been taking Chesserie to a doggie cafe in town and always get her favorite treats. People will come up to us not every day but it's been a few times now where they say I'm starving her. She's happily muching her treats and I'm doing homework and they say she's starving. She's always been an active dog and skinny which is part of her breed.
People need to mind their own business, she obviously not starving and I don't think I look like a neglectful owner. Read up on BDs and then you can say whatever you want, possibly an apology?
I have quit. Goodbye.
Profile pic is art of my GSD/Elkound mix, Justin. Credit to Kasezki on Deviantart.
LizzytheWolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby blazesong » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:58 pm

them - "look at the chihauhau"
me - " thats a sheltie and they ar-"
them - "what do you know" -walks off-

plz just let me teach you about the breed i love

i need a new signature

blazesong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kaito;; » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:07 pm

i HATE it when people come over to my house and call my cat " a demon " like, seriously, grow up. Just because she looks angry all the time doesn't mean she's a demon. They always point out how her eyes looking very intimidating and how her ears look like " horns " because she has her ears down. She is actually a very loving and sweet cat and all she wants is attention from people. And everyone is afraid to pet her because they think she is going to scratch or bite them.
⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰
valentine || they/them
vocaloid enthusiast!
⊱ ────── {⋅. ♪ .⋅} ────── ⊰
───────{kaito solos ur fav}───
kaito;;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fishstix. » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:49 pm

I'm just going to delete my post and make a new one

So I really hate when people come over and disturb my pets (I have 2 precious cats, a fearless dog, 4 protective chickens, and 2 proud horses <3)

So first of all, whenever I walk my dog around these kids always scream his name.. My dog is well known around the neighborhood and park since we go there all the time and my dad talks to everyone and shows off my dog (my dog is a yorkie and his fur is really nicely groomed imo, and it makes people want to pet him)
So when I go to the park, these kids come up, scream his name, and try petting him. Once, this one kid pushed me and my dog got a little defensive and growled at the kid but the kid didn't care? Like what if my dog decided to bite you, I don't have 100% control over my dog? If he bit or attacked you, no doubt your parents would get mad???

Ok so it seems like alot of people have this problem, but another thing is that when people come over to my house, they always bring their kids for some reason
The kids always chase my dog, he likes it, but it get's him out of control. He starts barking and the kids start screaming and stomping on the floor and it bothers me so much
Quite a few times, people who stayed over for dinner tried feeding my dog or cats CHOCOLATE cake or some other table food

People also seem quite amazed by chickens? Once, this kid came over to my house and screamed when he saw the chickens. He opened the coop WITHOUT asking me and let them run around, they started pecking at his feet and he kicked one of them, I got really mad but of course I couldn't do anything but take my chickens away.
That was during the time when my chickens lay eggs, I got them back into their coop and when I went back into the house I didn't notice he took the eggs from their small house and he dropped them.. there goes breakfast :l

It honestly bothers me how some parents don't even tell their kids to stop. Like don't you think about how the animal feels from all this? Or even the animal's owner who's trying to keep everything in shape?
And some parents even tell my dad that my animals are out of control, and that's when he lectures me to take better care of them,,
Smh, not like their kids are any better
fishstix.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Crossflare » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:45 am

People ask if my poodle is a labradoodle I am like uhh nope. I also had someone comment on picture sayimg I thought that was babboon cause my dog was sitting in vehicle. I have had people say my dog was starving or my pets are all unhealthy. I stopped showing pictures after I started getting critism for having physically fit animals with my youngest cat being an exception he's fat and muscular.
Last edited by Crossflare on Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crossflare

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby antiquités » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:28 am

scolding/ pestering me for using a whip on my show pigs.
by whip, i mean this. we use those to maneuver pigs around the barn and show ring because hey, im 110 pounds and my pig is 250+ pounds. can't exactly put a leash on that.

so many people go into the barns and look at me like i abuse my pigs. (fyi you don't hit them hard) and i get asked all the time, "why are you hitting them?" like i'm some sort of monster. like, okay kid, you tell this pig where to go.

also i hate when people leave gates open in barns and don't understand why i'm mad, or just opening the gate when they see my pig and i coming. i'd appreciate if you didn't let my pig onto the highway, thanks.
searching for rp partner/pen pal
antiquités

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vein » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:29 am

I do not personally own an APBT or a bully breed, and probably never would, but I cannot even tell you how much it infuriates me when people try to deny the breed's history or spread dangerous myths.

Yes, they were bred for fighting.
Yes, most bully breeds are dog aggressive and animal reactive.
Yes, DA is different than human aggression.
No, it is not in how they are raised.
No, you can't train DA out of a dog.
No, they are not "nanny dogs".

Most of the dogs called "pit bulls" aren't pit bulls or even mixes. They're mainly either mixes of or pure American Bullies, American Staffordshire Terriers, Staffordshire Bull Terriers, or American Bulldogs. "Pit bull" refers to APBTs only, it's not an overall term.
That being said, I do think they are magnificent breeds, and APBTs are wonderful game dogs (pulling, high jumping, etc). Bully breeds as a whole are wonderful friends but they are dogs who should not be taken lightly. Aggression does not make your dog a "bad dog"- there are ways to work around these inhibitions that will improve your relationship with your dog as well as keeping him (and you) safe and happy.

lee | they |
some sort of creature
i like rats & jellycat plushes
looking for c$ & 2014 egypt starry calf
-
vein

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups