Remembrance - for those who've lost pets

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Remembrance - for those who've lost pets

Postby Rosalind » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:56 pm

>>> Remembrance <<<
ImageImageImage

“Such short little lives our pets have to spend with us, and they spend most of it waiting for us to come home each day.
It is amazing how much love and laughter they bring into our lives and even how much closer we become with each other because of them.”
― John Grogan, Marley and Me: Life and Love With the World's Worst Dog

The loss of a pet, no matter the kind or the time spent together is a heartbreaking experience. I hope that this thread can help others who, like me, have recently lost a dear friend. May you come here to find support, comfort and healing.

>>> Light a Candle <<<
In many cultures, religions, and even just as tradition people often light candles in response to the death of a loved one. I thought that we could do a similar thing here so celebrate the touch our pets had on our life. Pick a candle from below, these are candle items designed by Selcouth, and share some memories. Often times, talking about those we lost can help make you feel better. Feel free to share as much, or little as you want. In order to keep the thread a little less cluttered and easy to load, please link larger pictures.

Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=2337528][img]http://static.chickensmoothie.com/item/2366&p=9049.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=2337528][img]http://static.chickensmoothie.com/item/2365&p=9047.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=2337528][img]http://static.chickensmoothie.com/item/2364&p=9048.jpg[/img][/url]
Last edited by Rosalind on Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hi there, I'm Rosalind!
I used to be a General Helper
so if you are looking for any help send in a help ticket. CS's amazing team will help you!
I'm not very active anymore, although I occasionally pop on so replies to PMs and trades could be slow.

[Character Thread] [Fursona Thread]

ImageImageImageImageImage
Rosalind

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Remembrance - for those who've lost pets

Postby Monotaire » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:01 am

Thank you for doing this :)

I lost my lab, major, a few years ago. He was 10, and he had no major problems, probably old age. We think it might be because he had a stroke at 5 years, and a medicine he had to take. Maybe he would have lived longer... He was the perfect dog. Wouldn't hurt a fly. Never caused trouble, super sweet and always listened. We had so many great memories with him. :) I hope he is in a better place now. :cry:
Major, Your were such a wonderful dog ... We will always miss you

You cant change the past...
But you can change the future.

Monotaire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rosalind » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:03 am

I would like to light this candle in memory of my cat Cassie. Cassie had to be put to sleep May 9th, 2014 after a large mass was found growing in her tummy. She was 14 years old. Cassie had been my best friend, my sister and comforter for as long as I can remember. When I was three years old I had been begging to get a "kitty-cat" and we picked Cassie out of a litter and brought her home. I have never seen a cat with her coloring, and she had the cutest little mustache! I miss her so so sooo much, but I'm also so glad she didn't have to suffer. [x][x]

You're very welcome Monotaire, its my pleasure. Major sounds like such a sweetheart, I'm so sorry for your loss.

Hi there, I'm Rosalind!
I used to be a General Helper
so if you are looking for any help send in a help ticket. CS's amazing team will help you!
I'm not very active anymore, although I occasionally pop on so replies to PMs and trades could be slow.

[Character Thread] [Fursona Thread]

ImageImageImageImageImage
Rosalind

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PeachFuzz » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:37 am

I lost my dog, Missy, a few years back. It has a been a long time but I still miss her dearly. </3
She was a beautiful brown and black Chow-Chow with soft, fluffy fur. A breed trait of Chow-Chows is supposedly "aggressive" but she never once fell into that category. Missy was the sweetest dog I've ever met! She was happy to just sit next to me and be petted. She was gentle and cuddly. But Missy also had a playful, energetic side! She would run around outside chasing butterflies, finding sticks to bring back to me for a game of fetch, and just simply running loops around the house. Sometimes during the day if I was going out shopping or something just for a little while, and it was nice weather, I would let her out in the fenced area of the yard. One day, I came home from being out for a bit to find she wasn't in the fenced area! I freaked out of course. I went inside, looked out the window, and there she was basking in the sun in the backyard! She had escaped through a break in the fence.
Whenever I tripped inside the house (I'm clumsy x3) from wherever she was Missy would come running to make sure I was okay. She would lick my face all over and nuzzle me.
Missy passed away when she was ten years old. She had been diagnosed with cancer. She died in my living room right next to me without a struggle.
Rest in peace, Missy. I will always remember you <3
Image Image Image
PeachFuzz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wesley » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:46 am

I'm sorry about Major, Cassie, and Missy.

I lost my baby girl Minnie Pearl on the 24th of April.Image
    She has her own folder on my deviantArt @ http://wesleydog.deviantart.com/gallery ... nnie-Pearl

She was around 16 or 17 years old yesterday, the day that she left us. I got her when I was younger from my grandma, as she was a rescue dog off the streets. My grandma used to live out in the country, and had a knack for picking up stray dogs and cats. Minnie Pearl was on the side of the road in the middle of February, snow all around her, with no collar on her. My grandma took her in and found that she was completely gentle. She didn't bark, my grandma at first wondered if she even had a voice. She did not bite or growl either, and got along really well with her other (probably around 20) dogs. My parents and I always favored her when we went to visit. She would climb on the couch right next to you and sleep for days, haha.

Well, I was pretty convinced since a much younger age that after Bubba (my first dog) we'd never have another one again. But for one of my birthdays, we took Minnie Pearl home with us. She was the best present I could've gotten. I gave her a treat when she first came home, and she tried to bury it in the carpet of our basement. I taught her to hide under one of the corner tables in our living room, and one day we couldn't find her. Sure enough, I looked there, and I found her innocently sitting under the table. We gave her a Christmas stocking every year, bought her gourmet treats at every outdoor festival in the fall, spring, and summer, and we spoiled her rotten. For ten years.

Two or three weeks ago, I learned that Minnie Pearl had severe lymphoma - cancer in her lymph nodes. I watched the silly, playful, kind-spirited dog I once had turn into a sad, sleepy, never-moving, won't-eat sort of dog. It was so hard for me, watching her go down the drain. It was even harder when the vet told us yesterday that it was time.

I absolutely fell apart in the vet's office. It was a private room, and I absolutely let go crying. They gave her the first injection to make her sleepy so she won't feel the second one, and I looked into her eyes, said, "It's okay, baby girl," and stroked the side of her face. We urged her to lay down, and eventually she did. Then came the second injection. I hated this part. Everyone tells me it's more humane, and it would've been worse to let her live and watch her seizure and starve herself. But I still can't get over the fact that even though it doesn't hurt, that shot STOPS her heart and her lungs. I slowly watched her stomach stop rising and falling, and the vet told us that her heart had stopped. I petted her, crying, and felt her warm body turn to cold.

That dog was my life. Maybe I didn't always give her enough attention, and sure, dogs can be annoying when the poop in the house or stand in your way and accidentally trip you. But if you have a dog, never take for granted the gift that you have. Because all good things come to an end.
Wesley
she/they genderqueer demisexual lesbian

ART FIGHT || FLIGHT RISING

Hello, my name is Wesley & I have a Juris Doctor!
I collect crystals/minerals, Build a Bears, & stickers.
I am also interested in dinosaurs, Glass Animals, Animal Crossing, Pokemon,
various anime shows, magic, and writing/character collecting!
My birthday is August 8th!
I'm a non-theistic eclectic witch. ♥

Image Image Image Image

Art to left by lemonlotte
Wesley

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Onyx__ » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:41 am

We all miss you Cosmo. You were the biggest lap dog ever, even though you were part boxer and part mastiff... We miss that slobbery face of yours that was always smiling. I miss how you always wiggled your butt when you were happy, since you didn't have a tail. You always made me laugh. RIP Cos, and know we all miss you. :cry:
~ your human family
❤ Hope is that little voice inside you whispering "Maybe" when the whole world is shouting "No!" ❤
Onyx__

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Phagocytosis » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:35 pm

I am sorry Whiskers, because I betrayed your trust. I feel very sorry for you. Just if you are watching me over there, I hope you forgive me. Ilysm.
Phagocytosis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElsibetBatory1666 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:21 am

5 years ago on October 15 I lost my best friend of 8 years. She was a German Rottweiler named Isa Bugg. She was with me during a very difficult time. When she turned 7 she started getting sick so we took her to the vet. The vet said she had cancer in her uterus. I couldn't believe him, to say the least I was in denial. When i snapped out of it I decided that we should put her down the day after my 15th birthday. Well on Oct 15 my birthday i went to take her out but when i looked in her eyes she was telling me she was ready to go. I broke down but we put her in the car to take her to ne put down. On the way to the vets office she slipped away in my arms. Even if i was sad i know shes not in pain and she's happy. I still break down on my birthday which is the 15th of October I miss her everyday.

R.I.P.
Isa Bugg
February 19, 2001- October 15, 2008
You are more then a pet you are an angel with 4 legs and fur
ImageImage
ElsibetBatory1666

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mako. » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:21 am

On March 19th, 2014, I lost my best friend. My cat Pepper was a rescue that we had adopted from our local shelter about 9 months prior to her loss. We noticed she wasn't eating so we took her to the vet to find out there was something really wrong with her liver. $600 later, the vet told us it may be cancer, so they wanted another $1000 of testing, which we couldn't afford, so my mom took her back to our shelter. She called them a couple weeks later to see how she was doing and we found out they put her down. We're not sure why, as she could've been saved. She was my brown tabby and white colored baby, and she was just the young age of 4 years old.

On October 9th, 2012 I also lost my precious guinea pig Snoopy. He was an oddball, liking to nibble on our fingers whenever we petted him. He was basically a calico colored pig, which I haven't seen before. He died at the very old age of 5.5 years, due to a sudden illness. He was our very first pet that we had adopted from a local guinea pig rescue. Love you buddy.
Our Last Night~ Oak Island wrote:
The mystery continues

Hundreds of feet below the ground,

A treasure that cannot be found.

Could it be our true history?

Unsolved and undecided,

Buried deep beneath an island

Female

bye-bye-bisexual

Violinist

Flight Rising
Mako.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby krunts » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:50 pm

(click the candle to see our rooby)
i lost my favorite doggie rooby, aka 'rooby doo the old lady' by most of our family, a few years ago. she was an old dachshund, about 14 or 15 when she died. she lived a good, long life. she was the highlight of my life for quite a number of years, and it was very hard to accept the fact that she left us to a better place. she was suffering, she's no longer in pain after a struggle with diabetes for some years. she always loved to participate in our holiday celebrations, like helping collect eggs during easter or watching us open our christmas presents. she had the cutest bark and was the cuddliest little girlie. i'm missing her up to this day.
flight risingx x x
im not so active here bc of school, but you can
find me on flight rising and tumblr (krunts)
if there are any pms i haven't responded to please
bear with me, i'm sorry for my inactivity
krunts

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me