Remembrance - for those who've lost pets

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Remembrance - for those who've lost pets

Postby Sunny! » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:07 pm

I'd like to light this candle for a loyal fish- Koi.
My best betta fish I had when I was nine years old- Koi.
Koi was the best betta I could ever ask for. He learned how to do tricks with me (swim through the hoop, eat from the finger, etc.)
I was eager to feed him every day and just spend more time with him. I got so attached to Koi, I upgraded my tank to a 1.7 gallon tank instead of just a one-gallon regular fishbowl. Koi was sweet to me, he'd always swim right up to my face, wave a fin or something. My memories of him are hazy, but I remember us having such good times together. *sniff*
I then noticed something terrible. Koi did not move from his spot at the bottom of the tank. I began to worry, but I had no idea how to treat a sick betta. All he'd need to pass away peacefully was peace. I made a coffin out of plastic, and see-through plastic to put on the top, put the lil' fish inside with a net, and he lied on the humble coffin made by a clueless nine-year-old. I buried him with the coffin in my backyard, and he still is there today.
He had served me well not just as a companion,
but a friend.

We miss you Koi!

link
link
link
link
link
©

I’m not as active as I used to be, I’ll be here for big events such as Christmas and Summer.

Sunny!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winterbreezy » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:16 pm

Imagehere's to oliver, my fat, black cat who i miss dearly.
curiosity got the best of him and when he went exploring outside one day, he never came back.
i like to think that maybe a little girl or little boy found him and brought him home, and that he's living happily somewhere far away. even though i lost him nearly three years ago, i still miss him so so much. for a cat, he was huge! he towered over his sister sadie, who was the runt of their litter. he would always curl up next to me when i was laying on my couch or bed and he would always bring me things to show his appreciation. once he dragged a sock into my room and wouldn't stop meowing until i praised him. another time, it was a dead mouse. and another time it was a live snake.

he was just the sweetest boy, and when i found out he was missing, i spent days looking for him. i put up posters, slept by my phone in case someone called in the middle of the night to say that they had found him, and sat by my back door in case he miraculously showed up. when my neighbors found his collar hooked onto a fence, i was completely torn up inside. but hey, at least i have something to remember him by.

i miss you, sweet boy. i hope you're having the time of your life up in kitty heaven. <3

"my fate is my own.

my choice is my own."

winterbreezy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Roman'sGirl75 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:03 pm

Almost a year ago we lost our older German Shepherd Hailie. She was almost 9 years old and the mother to our two German Shepherd black lab mixes Tank and Bella
Roman'sGirl75

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Winstalgia » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:47 pm

I will miss you dearly, Luther. He was our 5 months old poodle pup and got hit by a car less than a year ago.
I regret the last thing I said to him and even though it was a tragic death, I'm glad we had him while we did and I'm doing Much better now. He was a sweet dog and even though crazy, he's in doggy heaven now.

Image Another candle deserves to be lit for our beloved APBT, Pinky. The sweestest ABPT I have EVER met. I couldn't of asked for a better dog and glad he died peacefully. Shoot, I teared up a bit writing this.
"𝕹𝖔𝖙 𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖘𝖚𝖗𝖊"
adult
Hi! Call me Rain or Wins! hope all is well.
I love philosophy, paradoxes, and thought
experiments. Fermi paradox is my favorite.
Really avid blink-182 fan! I love their music.
I also really like DnD and fantasy stuff.
Currently working on a visual novel!

"𝖎𝖘 𝖘𝖎𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖌𝖔𝖑𝖉."
Winstalgia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kirstenthegleek » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:50 pm

Image I light this candle for my little Lance, She was sweet and lived a long and beautiful life.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just close your eyes, the sun is going down
You'll be alright, no one can hurt you now
Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound

Sup, I'm Kirsten, shot me a PM if you want to talk.
I'm just an average teenage horse loving gay kid, hope to see you around.

Kirstenthegleek

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ghostmaker » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:43 am

Image i light this candle for sheroo, my cousin's 13 year old black lab who passed away a year or two ago. although he wasn't my dog, he grew up with me <3 i remember seeing him as a puppy,
      bouncing all around. he passed away peacefully, as old age had gotten to him. his spirit will live on in my heart, forever <3
mars • he/they/she • adult
ghostmaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Roman'sGirl75 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:48 am

In Remembrance of my little kitten Pudge who was killed by my dog Cheveyo last night. Pudge had not had a chance to really live as he was only about 6 months old. He was born the latter part of Feb. early March and was killed 7/7/2017. Miss you little guy.
Roman'sGirl75

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mimu » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:21 pm

ImageI would like to light this candle in memory of my ginnepigs Spooky and buster. When i 7 or 6 years old i had about 2 hamsters and they were very lovely to have. But then winter hit every thing statred to turn down hill. Spooky was getting into small fights with buster and buster was getting very ill, from the cold.Spooky was like a little demon but sweet, he was brown with red eyes and very quite to have around and buster was an angle he was loud but fluffy. But we had good times with them and i played with them a lot. I remember getting them still from a pet store who is are nice, But i do love them with my heart~
Mimu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cornspurrd. » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:24 am

I would Like to Light a candle for 2 of my pets.

Last Week was horrible, On Tuesday My Rat Oliver Had to be put down because of a huge cancerous tumor in his armpit. I miss him so much rats only live up to 5 years but they bring so much joy, And they love you unconditionally. Rip my little Ollie.

And on Friday My Apbt Passed, She was 16 years old and was definetly loosing her bounce, I miss her so much. We grew up together she was always right by my side, And she wen't through the worst with me. Rip Kennedy Winnedy.
Smile and wave...
cornspurrd.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xiangling » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:55 am

I had a bunny called Ruby, she was an albino(white with red eyes) and she was truly a blessing to our family. She never hurt, bit, or scratched any of us, she was as quiet as a mouse. Our dog got along really well with her, so while they were playing together, my dog acidentally pounced and killed her. She's still here in my heart, but I miss her. I now take care of her son(Oreo, my new bunny).
ଘ(੭*ˊᵕˋ)੭* ੈ♡‧₊˚ potato mochi tastes so much better when you have something to be happy about!

Image sunny Image fifteen Image any/all
xiangling

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me