The Great Ferret Alliance

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

The Great Ferret Alliance

Postby Queen of the Kings » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:14 am

Hello! Welcome to The Great Ferret Alliance, this is a thread that welcomes anyone who does (or doesn't) own ferrets. Please look below for other information and rules. I'm not trying to overwhelm anyone with rules, so I will add some later if I feel they are necessary.

Do not post spam. If you are not sure on what is acceptable or not, please read the guides.
Be kind to everyone! Don't make fun of anyone for any reason.
All people, even without ferrets are welcome here, so please do not feel pushed away if you do not own one.

Do not ask for medical advice. The closest you can come to asking for medical advice is asking whether you should take them to the vet. Don't give at-home advice for a ferret's medical problems. If you are going to tell someone to go to the vet, leave it at that. the last thing we want is someone's pet getting hurt over bad advice!
What is allowed:
"Are there any tips on training your ferret to roll over/go in a litterbox/other tricks?"
"What is a good cage size?"
"How much money does a ferret plus all the supplies cost?"
Anything centered around this of okay to ask, along with most other questions you feel are acceptable.
Last edited by Queen of the Kings on Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:34 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Queen of the Kings

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Ferrets!

Postby birdsarentreal » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:17 am

One time I saved up enough money to buy my very own ferret, but then I realized that I would have to get a cage, food, toys, food dish, etc. I ended up npt getting my ferret... oh well.
xxxxxxjm

▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫

xxx𝓀𝒶𝓉𝑒
▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫
xxxImageImage
▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫

hi! i quit trading and stuff
but i love talking so feel
free to pm me ♡
sᴏɴɢs:
xxxxxxx
birdsarentreal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen of the Kings » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:00 am

Aww... sorry! We got ours from someone who couldn't take care of them anymore. Were you going to get yours from the pet shop? They are a lot more expensive there... The ferrets, cage, toys etc. Add up to about $400 or more. If you look online or have a friend or someone who has them up for sale $115 with 2 fuzzies, the cage, food bowl, food, litter box, and everything else. I recommend looking at that! :D
Queen of the Kings

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby birdsarentreal » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:07 am

Yeah, I was gonna get it from the pet shop. I don't know how I managed to save up enough because I usually spend it all! XD
xxxxxxjm

▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫

xxx𝓀𝒶𝓉𝑒
▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫
xxxImageImage
▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫

hi! i quit trading and stuff
but i love talking so feel
free to pm me ♡
sᴏɴɢs:
xxxxxxx
birdsarentreal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cardinal » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:33 am

I think ferrets will happen around the same time I get my first snake. That way I can just bulk order mice and rats for the snake AND ferrets to eat. :lol:
Honey, it's in the stars
And you're my everything from here to Mars
And every word I say I truly mean
Dear darling, I hope I'm being clear
'Cause there's no one like you on earth
That can be my universe

Cardinal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Saracirce » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:58 am

Cardinal wrote:I think ferrets will happen around the same time I get my first snake. That way I can just bulk order mice and rats for the snake AND ferrets to eat. :lol:

you don't think Juniper will eat the ferrets?
"Only ignorance! Only ignorance! How can you talk about only ignorance? Don't you know that it is the worst thing in the world, next to wickedness? - and which does the most mischief, heaven only knows. If people can say 'Oh! I did not know, I did not mean any harm,' they think it is all right."
~ Black Beauty by Anna Sewell
Saracirce

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen of the Kings » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:52 pm

Saracirce wrote:
Cardinal wrote:I think ferrets will happen around the same time I get my first snake. That way I can just bulk order mice and rats for the snake AND ferrets to eat. :lol:

I hope a snake won't eat them!!
Last edited by Queen of the Kings on Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Queen of the Kings

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cardinal » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:55 pm

Saracirce wrote:

I expect it'll be very similar to how she interacts with the cats, ferrets don't really move like a prey species.. They're very.. forward and 'voice' their displeasure at things, much like cats. I think a couple of big male hobs could put her in her place. :'D Besides, I don't mind if they have to be in a 'ferret' room and Juniper can stay in her 'Juniper space', separation isn't a huge deal.

Juniper is my dog, she has high prey drive and wants to eat 'prey species' like rabbits, rats, and birds.
Honey, it's in the stars
And you're my everything from here to Mars
And every word I say I truly mean
Dear darling, I hope I'm being clear
'Cause there's no one like you on earth
That can be my universe

Cardinal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Saracirce » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:08 pm

Cakeluver10 wrote:
Saracirce wrote:

I hope a snake won't eat your weasles :shock:

Plot twist: What is ferrets eat snake? :shock:

lol Sorry but I find the idea of one of the common pet snake species being able to kill and eat a ferret absolutely hilarious. They're way to docile and ferrets are way too quick, bitey and big for it to happen. The only way they'd be able to do so is if the ferret's already knocking on death's door and, even then, they wouldn't be able to swallow the ferret. The ferret is 100 times more likely to kill and eat the snake.
"Only ignorance! Only ignorance! How can you talk about only ignorance? Don't you know that it is the worst thing in the world, next to wickedness? - and which does the most mischief, heaven only knows. If people can say 'Oh! I did not know, I did not mean any harm,' they think it is all right."
~ Black Beauty by Anna Sewell
Saracirce

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen of the Kings » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:29 pm

Saracirce wrote:
Cakeluver10 wrote:
Saracirce wrote:I think ferrets will happen around the same time I get my first snake. That way I can just bulk order mice and rats for the snake AND ferrets to eat. :lol:

I hope a snake won't eat your weasles :shock:

Plot twist: What is ferrets eat snake? :shock:

lol Sorry but I find the idea of one of the common pet snake species being able to kill and eat a ferret absolutely hilarious. They're way to docile and ferrets are way too quick, bitey and big for it to happen. The only way they'd be able to do so is if the ferret's already knocking on death's door and, even then, they wouldn't be able to swallow the ferret. The ferret is 100 times more likely to kill and eat the snake.

See that people? Plot twists! Haha

Ferrets are awesome
Queen of the Kings

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me