Do You Ride Horses? V.4

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Do You Ride Horses? V.4

Postby Spirit23Wolf » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:24 pm

Hello im just on here to mark this thread and say hi. I've been riding for about 5 years now I ride both English and western but I prefer riding English I've jumped up to 3,3 with a saddle and 2,4 bare back I don't do much dressage but I know the basics. In western I've done poles barrels chased cows out on range everything and anything really. Right now I don't own my own horse but I excises ride and absolutely love it right now im riding a 12 year old off the track throubred and he raced for 7 years his name is bruser and he is an absolute sweetheart but really high energy and loves to jump. I also ride a couple more throubreds and throubred crosses but he is my main boy. Im also riding a 6 year old appendix gelding named Commissioner and he is my big beautiful boy when I first started working with him he had not been ridden or worked in over two years. He is such a big goofball and acts more like a dog then a horse (except for in the round pen) he really likes to lick people as well. I think that he will make a beautiful dressage or three day eventing horse his gates are so smooth I don't even need to post when he's trotting and he is super responsive. Feel free to pm me if you want to talk more im always willing to talk about horses :D
Picture is of Commissioner it was his second time being ridden in over two years he was so good
Pet's name: Everest (Thank You KIONO)
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
Spirit23Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bruce Thomas Wayne » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:10 am

Howdy, ya'll can call me Paint I have been riding for about 6 years now and I love it I do western. I also ride full bareback (I use the mane to control the horse) I recently had a issues at my barn and id like to know ya'll opinions. When I ride I don't use a helmet, spurs, tie-downs, and whips I also sometime ride in pants and a tank top (Yes I always wear my boots.). I do use a bit when not riding bareback this one girl came up to me and grabbed my horses rains (This horse is a project horse I was working with I just bought her for 700 dollars as my first horse) I looked at her and asked, "Why did you do that?" She screams at me "Your a horse abuser because your using a bit and you should be riding with a helmet!" I was shocked I calmly got off wild colors (That's my mares name) and asked her very sternly to "let go of my horses reins before we have a problem." She then starts assaulting me saying I lie about my native american ancestors! (I am 5% native american I don't say I am native american I do say I have native american ancestor on my dads side for those who don't know native american blood if it doesn't stay in the line it starts to fade off.) I was getting more frustrated because she kept yanking very very hardly at the reins connected to my bridle finally she let go because WC was starting to get freaked out and was trying to rear. She then screams at me saying I need to have spurs as well and a whip she then insults my horse saying my horse in a broken down horse that has no potential. Lets just say my friend came over and handled it and once the girl was gone I started crying because I dont care if you insult me but I care if you insult my horse just because she doesn't have papers or the best of bloodlines and was a horse nobody wanted doesn't mean she can't do amazing things. (Btw when WC was trying to rear she called her a dangerous horse!) What are your guys opinion on this did I handle the situation well? Should I have done more?
Bruce Thomas Wayne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby warmblood » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:52 am

UnicornPaint wrote:Hello, You all can call me Paint I have been riding for about 6 years now and I love it I do western. I also ride full bareback (I use the mane to control the horse) I recently had a issues at my barn and id like to know all of your opinions. When I ride I don't use a helmet, spurs, tie-downs, and whips I also sometime ride in pants and a tank top (Yes I always wear my boots.). I do use a bit when not riding bareback this one girl came up to me and grabbed my horses rains (This horse is a project horse I was working with I just bought her for 700 dollars as my first horse) I looked at her and asked, "Why did you do that?" She screams at me "Your a horse abuser because your using a bit and you should be riding with a helmet!" I was shocked I calmly got off wild colors (That's my mares name) and asked her very sternly to "let go of my horses reins before we have a problem." She then starts assaulting me saying I lie about my native american ancestors! (I am 5% native american I don't say I am native american I do say I have native american ancestor on my dads side for those who don't know native american blood if it doesn't stay in the line it starts to fade off.) I was getting more frustrated because she kept yanking very very hardly at the reins connected to my bridle finally she let go because WC was starting to get freaked out and was trying to rear. She then screams at me saying I need to have spurs as well and a whip she then insults my horse saying my horse in a broken down horse that has no potential. Lets just say my friend came over and handled it and once the girl was gone I started crying because I dont care if you insult me but I care if you insult my horse just because she doesn't have papers or the best of bloodlines and was a horse nobody wanted doesn't mean she can't do amazing things. (Btw when WC was trying to rear she called her a dangerous horse!) What are your guys opinion on this did I handle the situation well? Should I have done more?

it sounds rather serious as she was putting you in danger by scaring your horse. i'd recommend talking to your barn manager/ owner about it her claims of you being 'abusive' and her being racist as well. some people have the audacity to claim that bits are abusive when they honestly have no idea what they are talking about. a horse i ride is actually much much more comfortable with something in his mouth and less anxious than without. when he isn't in a bridle, he will try and find things to put in his mouth. it really depends on the horse. if it gets worse, i might even look into moving barns if that's an option.

@ éffleurer
liberty and treats always help! i've found that by teaching your horse to do simple tricks is a great bonding experience. although some are wary about it, join-up (for me) has also worked rather well.
warmblood

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bruce Thomas Wayne » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:21 am

@Pills

Thank you for the advice on what I should do and that is the truth with WC she was ridden in a bit-less bridle with the last owner but a lot of people don't know that it put pressure on the nose and around the mouth rather than in their mouth WC works much better in a bit than with out she gets very difficult to work as she would buck and rear any chance she got. She would even try to bite me when I would mount with the bit she willing to try and go around the barrels (I have her walking around the pattern on a lead and I just started working her in a saddle.) I don't know how she would do full bareback but that's far along the road with her as she still has a lot of issues people wise and very face shy but she getting better. I would show a picture of her but she hates her picture being taken and I do not know why.
Bruce Thomas Wayne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Faded... » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:19 am

So, i wanted to share some photos of my horse Cisco. This first picture was of him when we first got him. ImageHe had no mane and had so much extra fat XD

This is Cisco maybe a year or so later. Other horses. Yellow, she died last year :( And diamond a Chincoteague lease pony that we had for the summer.Image

Image And this is what Cisco looks like now.
┌─────❤────┐
└─────❤────┘
─────────────
𝓒𝓱𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓪𝓷.
𝓘𝓷𝓽𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓼- 𝓗𝓸𝓻𝓼𝓮𝓼
𝓰𝓸𝓪𝓽𝓼- 𝓶𝔂𝓼𝓽𝓮𝓻𝔂 𝓫𝓸𝓸𝓴𝓼
𝓓𝓻𝓪𝔀𝓲𝓷𝓰 - 𝓓𝓪𝓷𝓬𝓲𝓷𝓰.
─────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
xxxxxxxxxx
I asked Jesus "How
much do you love
me?" Jesus replied,
"this much". He stret-
ched his arms on the
cross and
died.
xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
Heyo! im Faded...
Im very friendly and
an extrovert most of the time.
Well don't have much
friends so i always love
a pm.Trades have been
slow lately so send one.
xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
Faded...

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bruce Thomas Wayne » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:16 am

@rainbowhorse77

Wow he's beautiful! His mane from when you first got him to now is amazing transformation.
Bruce Thomas Wayne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Maplefire309 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:13 am

Hi! I've just started riding with my friend who has a horse named Whisky. She's volunteered at the barn for a while, and it's nice there. I just need some help with learning how to post! I find it kind of hard. We do western riding if that helps.

Thanks!
Maplefire309

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chaney » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:26 pm

pills wrote: liberty and treats always help! i've found that by teaching your horse to do simple tricks is a great bonding experience. although some are wary about it, join-up (for me) has also worked rather well.

thanks for the suggestions! they are very food motivated so treats will most likely do the trick.
chaney

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bruce Thomas Wayne » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:33 pm

Hello, everyone I have some bad news about WC... She passed away tonight she died from colic and it kills me because me and her really connect I even told the vet I don't care if I can never ride HER again just please make sure she lives. I only had her for 2 months and it felt like forever. It really sucks because she was so loving once she got to know people yeah she had a lot and I mean a lot of issues. I don't know if I will still ride because right now I just wanna give it all up because why do this if your best friend can die just like that.
Bruce Thomas Wayne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Faded... » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:19 am

UnicornPaint wrote:
@rainbowhorse77

Wow he's beautiful! His mane from when you first got him to now is amazing transformation.

Thanks. I know, we weren't even sure if it would lay down. But it did! XD
┌─────❤────┐
└─────❤────┘
─────────────
𝓒𝓱𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓪𝓷.
𝓘𝓷𝓽𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓼- 𝓗𝓸𝓻𝓼𝓮𝓼
𝓰𝓸𝓪𝓽𝓼- 𝓶𝔂𝓼𝓽𝓮𝓻𝔂 𝓫𝓸𝓸𝓴𝓼
𝓓𝓻𝓪𝔀𝓲𝓷𝓰 - 𝓓𝓪𝓷𝓬𝓲𝓷𝓰.
─────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃