Do You Ride Horses? V.4

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Do You Ride Horses? V.4

Postby gam » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:19 pm

Hey all! This mare is really special to me, her name is "Jackis Valentine" but we call her Lucy, she has been my lesson horse for a while and I think I'm going to buy her. She's 9 years old, blue roan. She did western before but she has turned out to be a cute little eventer in progress. Anyways, this is her pedigree, I don't know much about AQHA bloodlines so any help is appreciated. What did the people who bred her have in mind for her? Are these halter, racing, reining, cutting, etc lines or a mixture? What quality are they? Thanks so much for any replies in advance<3

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/jackis+valentine
Attachments
IMG_5073.JPG
IMG_5073.JPG (109.78 KiB) Viewed 110 times
┌───────────────────────┐
hi, my name's hannah!
. . . she/her | adult user . . .
horse girl & lover of beautiful things

"seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! that is the only reality in the world, all else is folly." - tolstoy
current(ish) favorite song
└───────────────────────┘
gam

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby VillagerTeddy » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:26 pm

Yes! Horses are my life! I just bought a horse a month ago. His name is Jordy (but his registered name is Jordyjoepep) he is five years old, and he’s a Reiner. He’s git a little dent in his face because he was kicked as a colt. Gosh I love him so much!
VillagerTeddy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby raven queen. » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:41 am

hello everyone! I used to post on this thread a while back long before I got my own horse. Last summer my lifelong dream came through with a paint horse named Romeo. He's on the older side (21), but he's perfect for me. He's beginner friendly enough for me to handle him, but still has enough sass to keep me interested and motivated to work with him. This photo doesn't show it, but his right eye is bright, icy blue.

I have already taught him to transfer to bitless (I am not anti-bit, but it works a lot better for him), and how to nose target even in a moderately distracting area, both using positive reinforcement. Our next goal is going to be foot targeting both target sticks and mats, as a way of teaching him to stand on one spot and not move (as this is one of his biggest training issues-he dances around for mounting, the farrier, vets, etc).
┌─────────┐

Imagex

└─────────┘
┌─────────────────┐

jinx . she / they . lesbian . infp
leo sun . cancer rising . aries moon
dragon age . tomb raider . critical role
florence welch . dnd

flight rising | ©
x

└─────────────────┘
┌─┐

└─┘
raven queen.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Faded... » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:45 am

He is so pretty!
┌─────❤────┐
└─────❤────┘
─────────────
𝓒𝓱𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓪𝓷.
𝓘𝓷𝓽𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓼- 𝓗𝓸𝓻𝓼𝓮𝓼
𝓰𝓸𝓪𝓽𝓼- 𝓶𝔂𝓼𝓽𝓮𝓻𝔂 𝓫𝓸𝓸𝓴𝓼
𝓓𝓻𝓪𝔀𝓲𝓷𝓰 - 𝓓𝓪𝓷𝓬𝓲𝓷𝓰.
─────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
xxxxxxxxxx
I asked Jesus "How
much do you love
me?" Jesus replied,
"this much". He stret-
ched his arms on the
cross and
died.
xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
Heyo! im Faded...
Im very friendly and
an extrovert most of the time.
Well don't have much
friends so i always love
a pm.Trades have been
slow lately so send one.
xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
Faded...

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chyanne66 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:55 am

Can I join
Chyanne66

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Faded... » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:00 pm

Yeah, although people don't post on here much XD
┌─────❤────┐
└─────❤────┘
─────────────
𝓒𝓱𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓪𝓷.
𝓘𝓷𝓽𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓼- 𝓗𝓸𝓻𝓼𝓮𝓼
𝓰𝓸𝓪𝓽𝓼- 𝓶𝔂𝓼𝓽𝓮𝓻𝔂 𝓫𝓸𝓸𝓴𝓼
𝓓𝓻𝓪𝔀𝓲𝓷𝓰 - 𝓓𝓪𝓷𝓬𝓲𝓷𝓰.
─────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
xxxxxxxxxx
I asked Jesus "How
much do you love
me?" Jesus replied,
"this much". He stret-
ched his arms on the
cross and
died.
xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
Heyo! im Faded...
Im very friendly and
an extrovert most of the time.
Well don't have much
friends so i always love
a pm.Trades have been
slow lately so send one.
xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
Faded...

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Albino_ » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:09 pm

So had a great time yesterday with the equines!! My boy Comanche(red roan pinto) was feeling fresh! He was a kill pen horse we bailed 2 years ago, just didn't post on it along with a donkey. We got them bail from a New Mexico kill pen and brought to the US! Gonna be showing Comanche this year for the first time!

Comanche is either part TWH or full TWH. People have asked if he is one! And him and freedom came from the same kill pen in New Mexico voth 2 years ago and they rode together to us. He is 3 and a half years old but looks younger 😂

Image - Comanche the red roan and Sunny the black and white
Image - Freedom the Jenny and Snuggles to goat
Image - Comanche
Image - Comanche
Image - Comanche
Image - Comanche
Image - have a boopable freedom nose
Albino_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mothmanofficial » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:01 pm

We live on enough land for a horse and hope to get one this summer, so that is exciting! Anyway, I have been riding english for the past 5 years, but broke my foot last summer and have not had a chance to get back to it. Hoping to start up again in March though.

╔══════════════════════════════╗
Ace | He/him| INFP | Avatar FAQ | Carrd
╚══════════════════════════════╝

╔═════════════════════════╗
My head is filled with bees and all of
them are playing the trombone feature
from Phantom Regiment's 2023 show
|Thanks for coming to my TED talk|

╚═════════════════════════╝

Mothmanofficial

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luzien » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:57 am

@ Sparkfire
that is nice and i wish you good luck
did you already set up the different electric fences...so you have different pastures in use over the year and 1-2meadow to rest the grass for the year from the horse and maybe get some hay, the manure place, the barn with paddock and roundpen, and place for feed-hay-straw too as you most likely need to get so much for atleast half an year...and so on and so on^^

and i really hope you did mean 2horses...one is not good ...sure when you own donkey or mule it could work...

good luck and fun starting to ride again^^

@ callum hunt
romeo sounds interesting, and i love that you got an older horse,not many do this what is sad...., they still can give so much an teach one without being to crazy like young horses, and they deserve a loving home till the end too :D :clap:
and it is nice that you Train him to new things, and try to get out some bad things like the dancing around^^
how does it go in the training, does he learn fast?
Please klick them or they will die°°!!!
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Image-Image--Image-Image-Image
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hime » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:18 am

Rainbowhorse77 wrote:Yeah, although people don't post on here much XD

Oh, they do post. This topic just seems to hit slow periods occasionally as people are busy in real life or have nothing interesting to post about. ;)
Week away from full moth away from home and my ponies. It would seem full blown winter hit pretty much the same day as soon as I left and there's been snow and below freezing temps mostly since back home. Which is so weird as it's kinda like spring in UK, except it's like February which I still consider winter... :lol:
I did check up with L and M how the ponies were doing after first week away. L said everything has been fine and Heta hasn't been looking too cold despite the clip she has. She's also super happy pony now that she got her very own bale of hay to eat in the paddock. XD That should help keeping her warm as well. M's been riding Tý and Tý has been a good boy apparently. He just has his lazy days, but day or two off and he gets his energy back. ^^ Feykja is apparently being her over social self and tries to tag along when ever someone is getting one of the younger horses from the paddock.
Me and my roomie have been looking into some riding options on the area, but so far haven't contacted any place as we really aren't sure about the financial situation (our flat is eating much more electricity than we'd like, certain food items are more expensive than we are used to and also there's sooo much to see and do) plus our school is a lot more demanding than what we are used to. Like we actually have to write an essay per cource and have exams which are also essay style. Compared to our usual, no exams or one short online one, no long esseys (our teachers are lazy) if any at all other than some collective task about the whole course (which is usually fairly simple and follows closely what've we've studied during the course). lol Not to mention we usually have one course per two months and now we have 4 over 4 month period... ^^; So it's taking a bit to get used to everything, but hopefully we'll be able to go ride at least once.
Can we pretend that the airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars?
I could really use a wish right now, wish right now, wish right now...
Hime

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me