Do You Ride Horses? V.4

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Do You Ride Horses? V.4

Postby *~GECKO~* » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:46 am

The advantage of being short is that you can ride miniature horses, and their food only costs $25 per month XD as supposed to $50 to $150. At least, that’s what the Miniature Horse Assosiation said XD
*~GECKO~*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luzien » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:45 am

Chocolate Chip! wrote:The advantage of being short is that you can ride miniature horses, and their food only costs $25 per month XD as supposed to $50 to $150. At least, that’s what the Miniature Horse Assosiation said XD

im very sorry to say this...but that is not right ....
i also did read into them some time ago....and read the same crazy thing.....
when you are 1-3years old, sure why not, go for it....when you have the stall, pasture ,paddock and so on... :roll:

this are no real riding horses..driving, showing,obstacle ,in hand jumping or dressage, agility,liberty and such alright.....(but no rider older than 3-4...and then also only those tiny or very light ones!)

this People are wrong, a horse and pony needs half an acre on pasture, a paddock a stall or weather shelter, hay (24/7 to eat when possible with hay net to Keep from eating to fast and to much) goes for a large bale around $20-50 , straw is also needed, mineralfeed for miniature horses, salt for horses, vet, hoove care, items for the horse, water(free to drink all day),
.......but vet and farrier , horse Dentist where sometimes much more than that of a large horse because of special needs of tiny horses....
they are and still will be horses...who are healthier when allowed to live outdoors together with other like them(with proper shelter and room to run) when not working with humans.with all there needs and hidden payments...

and dont forget the health risk they have...

go with a lease horse, it safes money...or riding lessen :) ;)
Please klick them or they will die°°!!!
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Image-Image--Image-Image-Image
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *~GECKO~* » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:50 am

UnicornPaint wrote:
Hello, everyone I have some bad news about WC... She passed away tonight she died from colic and it kills me because me and her really connect I even told the vet I don't care if I can never ride HER again just please make sure she lives. I only had her for 2 months and it felt like forever. It really sucks because she was so loving once she got to know people yeah she had a lot and I mean a lot of issues. I don't know if I will still ride because right now I just wanna give it all up because why do this if your best friend can die just like that.

That sucks :(
But please, keep riding. I don’t have a horse but I have pets that’s have died. If WC could come back and talk to you, she’d ask you to keep riding, I’m sure. Condolences for your loss, by the way. :( it’s always tough losing a best friend — trust me, I know by experience with people, but also with pets.
*~GECKO~*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *~GECKO~* » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:53 am

Luzien wrote:
Chocolate Chip! wrote:The advantage of being short is that you can ride miniature horses, and their food only costs $25 per month XD as supposed to $50 to $150. At least, that’s what the Miniature Horse Assosiation said XD

im very sorry to say this...but that is not right ....
i also did read into them some time ago....and read the same crazy thing.....
when you are 1-3years old, sure why not, go for it....when you have the stall, pasture ,paddock and so on... :roll:

this are no real riding horses..driving, showing,obstacle ,in hand jumping or dressage, agility,liberty and such alright.....(but no rider older than 3-4...and then also only those tiny or very light ones!)

this People are wrong, a horse and pony needs half an acre on pasture, a paddock a stall or weather shelter, hay (24/7 to eat when possible with hay net to Keep from eating to fast and to much) goes for a large bale around $20-50 , straw is also needed, mineralfeed for miniature horses, salt for horses, vet, hoove care, items for the horse, water(free to drink all day),
.......but vet and farrier , horse Dentist where sometimes much more than that of a large horse because of special needs of tiny horses....
they are and still will be horses...who are healthier when allowed to live outdoors together with other like them(with proper shelter and room to run) when not working with humans.with all there needs and hidden payments...

and dont forget the health risk they have...

go with a lease horse, it safes money...or riding lessen :) ;)

I know the other expenses but the food was the main reason, so now that it seems a lot cheaper. Obviously I would have another job to cover expenses, but if I can give riding lessons, or something... my dad wanted me To think about what I’ll be doing when I am older. I do love computers so I’ll have that too. Unless something changes in the next several years XD
*~GECKO~*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Faded... » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:44 am

)-(owdy. OK so we have this horse that we are able to by and i just wanted to know if it was a fair price and all. Ok so she is a 8 yr old quarter horse. Actually my sister broke her she is really sweet. But the owner would want to breed her in about two years, this could change her attitude sometimess having babies does that. SO we aren't so sure. The price for this just barely broke horse ( like you can ride her she doesn't know reigning, side pass. u know just the put the saddle on go forward)would be $1.100 Here's a pic

┌─────❤────┐
└─────❤────┘
─────────────
𝓒𝓱𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓪𝓷.
𝓘𝓷𝓽𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓼- 𝓗𝓸𝓻𝓼𝓮𝓼
𝓰𝓸𝓪𝓽𝓼- 𝓶𝔂𝓼𝓽𝓮𝓻𝔂 𝓫𝓸𝓸𝓴𝓼
𝓓𝓻𝓪𝔀𝓲𝓷𝓰 - 𝓓𝓪𝓷𝓬𝓲𝓷𝓰.
─────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
xxxxxxxxxx
I asked Jesus "How
much do you love
me?" Jesus replied,
"this much". He stret-
ched his arms on the
cross and
died.
xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
Heyo! im Faded...
Im very friendly and
an extrovert most of the time.
Well don't have much
friends so i always love
a pm.Trades have been
slow lately so send one.
xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
Faded...

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luzien » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:49 am

really dont know...it may depend on how fast she learns, maybe the future use,character and temper how good she is

to the money...i dont think one can say this about a horse...you need to kow this..if you and your sister...or family think she is worth this to you....if you like her..-->> .and are ready to pay much more in the future to keep her healthy and happy...and do you need to get a second horse when she would stay alone or is she in a barn with other horses :?:

to the worth ...you can say it like this...(i dont have the fully thing in my mind that i once did read somewhere... in the moment, but it did go like this...) when a breeder, really would ask the money for a horse, that they put into it, you never or nearly never would you get a horse under $9000+ at the age over 8years with in hand work and maybe even light training under saddle....from the moment they made the mare ready to go to the stallion and all the vet checks you need for this, to traveling there, till after the birth and growing up to an adult horse.this is a lot of Money....that is why most breeder try to get the horses sold as foal ...each year longer will need more money put into the horse)

but to the breeding, she is around 8years...that means 10-12years+ when she maybe gets her first foal...that i most likely to old, it is often a risk at this age for a first foal....maybe think about it, if she really is such a good mare with great gaits and Family that she Needs to have atleast a foal...or if she simlply is a nice Family horse, and stays without...
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Faded... » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:55 pm

We have two other horses so that's not a problem.

And ugh sorry I got the age wrong she's about 5. Yeah its a lot to think about and now the owner is sorta backing out she says she's not ready to part with her... But a few days ago she said that and then set a price... Yeah its confusing and annoying. Its like you wanna sell the horse or not! She can see her whenever she wants, pretty much. ( she is basically a friend) so, we'll be thinking. Thanks!!!
┌─────❤────┐
└─────❤────┘
─────────────
𝓒𝓱𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓪𝓷.
𝓘𝓷𝓽𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓼- 𝓗𝓸𝓻𝓼𝓮𝓼
𝓰𝓸𝓪𝓽𝓼- 𝓶𝔂𝓼𝓽𝓮𝓻𝔂 𝓫𝓸𝓸𝓴𝓼
𝓓𝓻𝓪𝔀𝓲𝓷𝓰 - 𝓓𝓪𝓷𝓬𝓲𝓷𝓰.
─────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
xxxxxxxxxx
I asked Jesus "How
much do you love
me?" Jesus replied,
"this much". He stret-
ched his arms on the
cross and
died.
xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
Heyo! im Faded...
Im very friendly and
an extrovert most of the time.
Well don't have much
friends so i always love
a pm.Trades have been
slow lately so send one.
xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
Faded...

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luzien » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:17 pm

that is good then :)
yes some times people really cant let go of a pet they like, even when they want too, then it will go back and for, till they say yes or no for real...but it is good that they take time, and you and your family too^^
search this items:
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vash ♡ » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:01 pm

my bf is moving here next yr and he's bringing his 2 babies w him. i've been without a horse of my own since my heart horse passed nearly 4 years ago. dexter is an old man and he's practically retired but we still use him on trails. he told me i can finish his 3 yr old paint filly, annie (will be 4 by then so she can jump) and event/do classical dressage with her though. :- )

════════════════════════════════════
she • adult • audhd & chronically ill
struggling equine nutrition student, im barely on here.

════════════════════════════════════
fell in love with a pisces moon,
now i'll follow you wherever you go.
vash ♡

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby APH Italy » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:22 am

Hey guys! Tons of stuff going on here lately.
-Rolex is less than 4 weeks away
-My first horse show of the season is coming up May 5th
-I am officially leasing Ali

Oh, and I've started learning two point as well- It's definitely not as easy as it looks!
APH Italy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me