Thoughts about pitbulls/pit chat!

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Click if you ...

Are scared of them
9%
Would own one
61%
Have one
18%
Know anyone who has one?
12%

Total votes : 865

Re: Thoughts about pitbulls/pit chat!

Postby Raleigh. » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:50 am

My grandma has gotten too old to take care of her staffie.

her staffie is really old and probably won't ever be adopted, She'll most likley be put down.

I am really really upset but we can't take her... We don't have the money and we can't risk our dogs attacking her.

I don't wan't her to be in harms way, I love her!
┌─┐

└─┘
x
x
┌────────────┐

Used to Be Harlow.
Hello,
I'm just a sad
and lonley teenager
feel free to pm me!

└────────────┘
┌────────────┐

└────────────┘
┌────────────┐
Kindness is wisdom

└────────────┘
┌─────────┐

Imagex

└─────────┘
Raleigh.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Saracirce » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:25 pm

@Rattielover: I was in a very similar position 3 years ago only it was a dog I grew up with and we'd had since puppyhood. It was a dog who was extremely special to me and who was helping me a ton with my depression. I stood up to my mom and put my foot down that she was going to be put down because rehoming her or sending her to a shelter would have been cruel. She was already declining due to age and she had a lot of behavioral problems. The anniversary of her death was actually three days ago and it still hurt. But I 110% know that putting her down was the right decision for her and I have no regrets at all.

Euthanasia is not a bad ending.
"Only ignorance! Only ignorance! How can you talk about only ignorance? Don't you know that it is the worst thing in the world, next to wickedness? - and which does the most mischief, heaven only knows. If people can say 'Oh! I did not know, I did not mean any harm,' they think it is all right."
~ Black Beauty by Anna Sewell
Saracirce

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maninkari » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:07 pm

Faffy the FauxFox wrote:anyone here can take a guess on what they think is the number of people who have misbelief's in the breeds origen? without trying hard to make a world wide, 8 month long data collection to try to get some statics?

I saw one facebook comment that was new, that the breed was created by royalty to be baby sitters/guardians

and just the thing about them "being created for that" how does "let's breed a terrier(weren't a lot of children getting nipped by their Jack Russles when everyone wanted teir own "Wishbone"?) to a fighting dog to be a baby sitter"

Who wouldn't look at this face and think, "man, I want this to watch my child".

maninkari

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby orchid.dreams » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:23 pm

So today Zahara got into my dirty clothes pile. It was a total mess! She dragged most of my clothes into either the bathroom (luckily not into the toilet) and in the kitchen. She's a real nice helper am I right?
orchid.dreams

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Luxanine. » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:20 pm

Ooh! A thread exclusively for Pits?! Nice! My older sister found a box of 7 puppies on the side of the road a few months ago. They're Pitbull mixes but I don't know what with. We're thinking about getting their DNA tested. We kept two little females and gave the others to a wonderful rescue. ^^ We named them June and Clementine. June looks the most like a tiny Pit but Clementine looks more like a Jack Russell or Feist. XD

ImageImage
Clementine was nearly the size of my hand when we found them. They had a pretty bad case of the mange and were severely malnurished. Clem was the runt and she's mine, while June is my sister's dog. They've gotten so big already so they look a bit different from the pics now. And their fur has completely grown back! Mange free and in loving, forever homes! They are having trouble learning how to use the pads and love shredding toilet paper. XD

ImageImageImageImageImage

The three on the top are Dingo, Jack, and Grumpy.
Then the other two are Bingo and Ringo. ^^
ImageImage
Image | Image | Image | Image | Image
"To succeed in life you need 3 things: A wishbone, a backbone, and a funnybone." - Reba McEntire

Image | Image | Image | Image | Image | Image | Image
.Luxanine.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby halogen. » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:14 pm

Yeah, I would get them DNA tested...
They look like some kind of terrier to me.
My pretty pups-
Image Image
thank you so much peachy days<33
halogen.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby halogen. » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:31 pm

*****Rant*****

This woman at my schools likes those big sloppy bullies and uGHH, it annoys me soo much because she always calls them pitbulls!
So I was like, ' Do you even know what a real pitbull looks like' and she spouts off about Hulk and all that, so I show her some beautifully conditioned APBTs. First thing she says, 'oH THAT'S ABUSE', speaking of Lat muscles and SLIGHTLY visible ribs. So I say, 'No that's what a pitbull looks like in prime condition, I bet little to no American Bully can look like that because most owners are too busy fattening them up on unneeded supplements and overfeeding for big size and really the dog is just obese.'
It was also funny watching her try to argue that Hulk is a purebred pitbull, pitbulls can be blue, and that red nose and blue nose is a valid way to classify a dog, typical uneducated people stuff lol.

She also said I'm dog racist? ??! How even-idk. I said no a real pitbull from old, game lines will never ever be blue, dilute black, whatever you wanna call it. She says ' So what's your favorite color in a dog?'. Note how she asked my opinion. I say 'Imo**** I love pure black APBTS, maybe a little white on the chest/neck area, but never on the legs/feet (toe tips), body, or tail.' She goes 'oh wow, so you only like black dogs??!!', so I get sort of defensive and say 'Well considering the amount of black dogs that get skipped over in shelters, I think my love for them is great'
'OH YOU'RE DOGGY RACIST THAT'S MEAN TO OTHER COLORED DOGS, THEY ALL DESERVE LOVE'

Ahh, don't you guys just love people?
My pretty pups-
Image Image
halogen.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maninkari » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:34 pm

halogen. wrote:*****Rant*****

This woman at my schools likes those big sloppy bullies and uGHH, it annoys me soo much because she always calls them pitbulls!
So I was like, ' Do you even know what a real pitbull looks like' and she spouts off about Hulk and all that, so I show her some beautifully conditioned APBTs. First thing she says, 'oH THAT'S ABUSE', speaking of Lat muscles and SLIGHTLY visible ribs. So I say, 'No that's what a pitbull looks like in prime condition, I bet little to no American Bully can look like that because most owners are too busy fattening them up on unneeded supplements and overfeeding for big size and really the dog is just obese.'
It was also funny watching her try to argue that Hulk is a purebred pitbull, pitbulls can be blue, and that red nose and blue nose is a valid way to classify a dog, typical uneducated people stuff lol.

She also said I'm dog racist? ??! How even-idk. I said no a real pitbull from old, game lines will never ever be blue, dilute black, whatever you wanna call it. She says ' So what's your favorite color in a dog?'. Note how she asked my opinion. I say 'Imo**** I love pure black APBTS, maybe a little white on the chest/neck area, but never on the legs/feet (toe tips), body, or tail.' She goes 'oh wow, so you only like black dogs??!!', so I get sort of defensive and say 'Well considering the amount of black dogs that get skipped over in shelters, I think my love for them is great'
'OH YOU'RE DOGGY RACIST THAT'S MEAN TO OTHER COLORED DOGS, THEY ALL DESERVE LOVE'

Ahh, don't you guys just love people?

Doggy racist, haha! I was called dog fatphobic.

I disagree on the blue dogs thing though. APBTs, from old game lines, can be blue. Two black dogs can throw a blue dog, it's literally just a recessive gene, it's a color, a dilute of black.
maninkari

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby halogen. » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:42 am

*happy dance !!*

I just got full rights to Spade, eek!! Basically meaning, the breeding contract that I got Spade on is now void. I still plan for her to have one litter max(not anytime soon) a great deal better than the breeder because he had 3 littlers planned for her. Her breeder has been a dogman for 40 years now and is getting out of it, I had to stop myself from snatching up some of his dogs haha.

I'll try to get some pictures of my firecracker in here soon though, at just never sits still long enough for me to get any decent pictures lmao.
My pretty pups-
Image Image
halogen.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maninkari » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:33 am

halogen. wrote:*happy dance !!*

I just got full rights to Spade, eek!! Basically meaning, the breeding contract that I got Spade on is now void. I still plan for her to have one litter max(not anytime soon) a great deal better than the breeder because he had 3 littlers planned for her. Her breeder has been a dogman for 40 years now and is getting out of it, I had to stop myself from snatching up some of his dogs haha.

I'll try to get some pictures of my firecracker in here soon though, at just never sits still long enough for me to get any decent pictures lmao.

yass, congrats!

Can't wait to see more pics of Spade too <3
-

An exotic breeder is having a hissy fit at me online. I typed 7 words: "neither of those dogs are pit bulls", and now this grown ass man has tagged me in five comments without me replying once. Like, dude, your dog has more fame than most real APBTs will ever get, a little criticism on Facebook isn't going to kill you. His dog is named Queen Califia btw, advertised as "$75,000 micro pit bull".
maninkari

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Return to Animal Chatter