Thoughts about pitbulls/pit chat!

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Click if you ...

Are scared of them
9%
Would own one
60%
Have one
19%
Know anyone who has one?
13%

Total votes : 998

Re: Thoughts about pitbulls/pit chat!

Postby jengatower » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:01 pm

My sister had an ex who owned two pit bulls. One of them was white and deaf, and was super sweet and cuddly. The other one was a pit bull/lab and wasn't so sweet. He had to disown her because she was so hyper. I think she attacked someone's dog.

The thing that people don't understand is that every dog has a breed temperament. Pit bulls were bred to fight, but not against people. They're naturally aggressive, but not in the way like it sounds. Every dog has a different personality.

I would definitely own one if I could. There's a ton of pits stuck in the shelter, but a lot of them do come from difficult backgrounds. One time my mom met a pit bull in one of the local shelters and it was being all happy and friendly until her boyfriend came close. Any type of dog can become human aggressive if they're treated badly.

I'm glad people in this thread aren't throwing around the "nanny dog" thing.
^listening to sweet trip^
semi-inactive
they/she

jengatower

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby crucifying. » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:06 pm

personally, i love pitbulls. they're very kind dogs who have a good heart. i was bit by a pitbull a few years ago, but the dogs circumstances were awful and he was being left alone for hours a day, had no proper training at all, and was rarely shown attention.
they ended up putting him and his brother down due to them attacking a dog. though, i still love pits and have dismissed that one time. where i live, the whole shelter is just pit bulls. that's all. every single row of dogs is pitbulls. it's actually really sad. after we lost our old dog, we were going to adopt a pitbull, but some things came up and we didn't make it back to the shelter to get her.
i'm leaving home in about a year though, so i'd like to get a pit and a rotty. i'm such a sucker for them. i don't think they're a bad breed, it all depends on the person owning them.
crucifying.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DemonKiddoo » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:09 pm

Pitbulls, Pitbulls! I use to be a pitbull owner, had two of them but sadly had to get rid of them because of family things. But my pitbulls were the sweetest things, NO LIE! BUT, when it comes to protecting they are there to protect and ready to attack. Also my pitbulls names were biggie and isis/icey, God forbid I miss them. ;-;
DemonKiddoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Swirlshine » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:09 pm

I really don't hate any dog breed in general, and pitbulls are no different! My family once rescued a pitbull off the side of the road, and she's one of the sweetest dogs I've ever met! She lives in a home with kids now, and they always say that she's so well behaved and sweet!
So personally, I don't ever blame the dog. I think it all depends on the owner. Pitbulls are always said to be a vicious breed, but to be honest, I don't find that fair- they definitely deserve love as well!

*Cat art in siggy made by ShablyGiraffe on RedBubble*
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

*NOT VERY ACTIVE ANYMORE, I just come on here to get monthly and event pets! I’m @swirlofserendipity on IG if you want to keep up with my art (it’s much better now, I promise lol)! <3*

Swirlshine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starlit sky » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:11 pm

Last edited by starlit sky on Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
starlit sky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby thefemdoc » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:29 am

I love pitbulls, they are a buncha fun to own and raise, I have a pitbull-beagle mix myself, and she is definitely a goof, but extremely photogenic.
thefemdoc

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cswolf. » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:13 am

I love this thread and Pibbles <3
lurkin!

CATCHING UP MY REMAINING LOLO MESSAGES <3
THANKS ALL FOR VISITING ME :)
cswolf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby taishou » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:37 am

I'd like to get a pit some day, but my shepherd mix does poorly with other dogs, I'm afraid.
Big pet peeve of mine with the bully breeds is cropped ears, though. I just love seeing them with natural ears. Nothing against anyone who likes them, but it's just a personal preference of mine.
taishou

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SaraCO2013 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:12 am

Anyone have or used any good weight vests? Need one for Apollo, but cant really find anything online. Just backpacks for dogs. Need a recommendation on a good one.
SaraCO2013

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Taisi » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:33 am

Here's my Pit mix, Cooper. She's a certified therapy dog, our town's dog of the year, and most recently has become a PTSD service dog. She is the sweetest thing you'll meet, and she loves outfits!
Cooper 1
Cooper 2
Cooper 3
R.I.P Taisi. March 17, 2011.
May we meet again one day.
R.I.P Molly. July 7, 2013.
You were an awesome dog.

-Brofist- Pewdiepie.
Dream Team <3
I <3 you Smosh!
Taisi

My pets