Thoughts about pitbulls/pit chat!

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Click if you ...

Are scared of them
9%
Would own one
60%
Have one
19%
Know anyone who has one?
13%

Total votes : 998

Re: Thoughts about pitbulls

Postby Pastasquid » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:29 am

I think that no dog, what ever the breed should be left alone with anyone. Any dog can snap, even if it's normally a friendly and cheerful dog, you never know, unless you can speak dog! Pitbulls were bred for fighting so I think they shouldn't be trusted with babies etc. When they are puppies, they should be well socialized with other dogs and humans to prevent the risk of aggression. This really should be used with any dogs!
Pastasquid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Friesan girl » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:33 am

I think they are pretty good, and so on as everyone is afraid of them and want to ban (sometimes spend)
Hello guys, My name is Shira and I am 13. I look for boyfriend and I like realistic animals
Friesan girl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Imzadi83 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:49 am

loveheart307 wrote:
I think that no dog, what ever the breed should be left alone with anyone. Any dog can snap, even if it's normally a friendly and cheerful dog, you never know, unless you can speak dog! Pitbulls were bred for fighting so I think they shouldn't be trusted with babies etc. When they are puppies, they should be well socialized with other dogs and humans to prevent the risk of aggression. This really should be used with any dogs!

Pit Bulls were bred for fighting dogs, not for human agression. It is not the same thing at all. And no dog of any breed should be left along with a baby (or a small child for that matter).
Looking for a real life pet? http://www.petfinder.com Adopt a homeless Pet!
Give Food To Homeless Pets FREE & Freekibble
Imzadi83

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlueFjord » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:20 am

I LOVE pit bulls and all the bully breeds!!! My family has owned and fostered sevral. Some were SUPER hyper and others were soooooooo LAZY. Some, like my American PitBull Terrier Bambi, was SO smart!! She learned her 4 first tricks in one day! Mind you her brother, learned sit nicly, but really didn't learn anything passed that. They really are their own dogs! Most people are scared of them, I'm talking even grown men. Our one old pit bull that was trained in fighting, LOVED kids and his best friend was my bunny Mr.Hoppy, they would sleep together. ((So Cute!!)) Everyone that met our old pit bull that can in the house scared alway left wanting a pit bull of their own! They are so amazing and always wanting to please their owner and make them happy. All our pig bulls loved people and other animals. Even the hyper pit bulls we had loved to lay at your feet and simply be with you all the time! I don't know how people say they "have a face only a mother could love". I LOVE their looks!!! I think they are some of the nicest looking dogs(yes I love other breeds, but there is just something special about a bullies look to me)! I'm so shocked how so many say they are ugly, I think all their winkles are the cutest!! And the big heads and gentle eyes, their stocky form and Loveing nature. I love it all!!! :D
Last edited by BlueFjord on Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I love drawing, writing, animals, manga, traveling, and am a Christian.
Art Shop
DeviantART Image
BlueFjord

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pastasquid » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:37 am

Imzadi83 wrote:
loveheart307 wrote:

Pit Bulls were bred for fighting dogs, not for human agression. It is not the same thing at all. And no dog of any breed should be left along with a baby (or a small child for that matter).

I know, thats what I'm saying :/ Also any dog can be aggressive even if it was for dog fighting. It doesn't really make a difference. :)
Pastasquid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Saracirce » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:43 am

loveheart307 wrote:
Imzadi83 wrote:
loveheart307 wrote:

I know, thats what I'm saying :/ Also any dog can be aggressive even if it was for dog fighting. It doesn't really make a difference. :)

Actually, it does make a difference. The people who raise and breed fighting dogs will kill any dog that shows human aggression. They want to be able to get in there and pull the dogs apart without the dogs turning on them.

Human aggression =/= dog aggression =/= small animal aggression
"Only ignorance! Only ignorance! How can you talk about only ignorance? Don't you know that it is the worst thing in the world, next to wickedness? - and which does the most mischief, heaven only knows. If people can say 'Oh! I did not know, I did not mean any harm,' they think it is all right."
~ Black Beauty by Anna Sewell
Saracirce

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pastasquid » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:52 am

Saracirce wrote:

I know, thats what I'm saying :/ Also any dog can be aggressive even if it was for dog fighting. It doesn't really make a difference. :)[/quote]

Actually, it does make a difference. The people who raise and breed fighting dogs will kill any dog that shows human aggression. They want to be able to get in there and pull the dogs apart without the dogs turning on them.

Human aggression =/= dog aggression =/= small animal aggression[/quote]

There is a chance they can also be human aggressive, it's not certain but they still can be. :)
Pastasquid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dakonic » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:08 am

loveheart307 wrote:
There is a chance they can also be human aggressive, it's not certain but they still can be. :)

They're not linked. Studies on fox that being domesticated and a separate group being bred for aggression have gave scientists further understanding of genes that cause aggressive behavior. And no, just because a dog shows aggression towards dogs, doesn't mean there's a chance for them to be aggressive towards humans.

There's always a chance of aggression towards humans in any situations if you're unaware of your dog's background.
Your friendly neighborhood correctional machine.
Image Dakonic German Shepherds
Dakonic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pastasquid » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:59 am

Dakonic wrote:
loveheart307 wrote:

They're not linked. Studies on fox that being domesticated and a separate group being bred for aggression have gave scientists further understanding of genes that cause aggressive behavior. And no, just because a dog shows aggression towards dogs, doesn't mean there's a chance for them to be aggressive towards humans.

There's always a chance of aggression towards humans in any situations if you're unaware of your dog's background.

I'm talking about dogs in general. A dog can be aggressive towards dogs AND humans. I know dogs like that. Even if it's bred for dog fighting, it can still be a ggressive towards humans, it's just like any dog. http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 010AAHBuLE Read that, it says their dog is aggressive towards dogs and also people. (After a while)
Pastasquid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Saracirce » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:03 am

loveheart307 wrote:
Dakonic wrote:
loveheart307 wrote:

I'm talking about dogs in general. A dog can be aggressive towards dogs AND humans. I know dogs like that. Even if it's bred for dog fighting, it can still be a ggressive towards humans, it's just like any dog. http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 010AAHBuLE Read that, it says their dog is aggressive towards dogs and also people. (After a while)

Yeah, and I have a dog that's human and dog AND possessive aggressive. Why? Because she's insecure and she's learned that by growling and nipping at what she's afraid of, it'll go away, and that growling at someone whose trying to take away something she wants will make them back off. That doesn't mean that all three of those things are connected to each other. A dog can be dog aggressive without being human aggressive and vice versa.
"Only ignorance! Only ignorance! How can you talk about only ignorance? Don't you know that it is the worst thing in the world, next to wickedness? - and which does the most mischief, heaven only knows. If people can say 'Oh! I did not know, I did not mean any harm,' they think it is all right."
~ Black Beauty by Anna Sewell
Saracirce

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me