What is your dream pet?

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: what is your dream pet?

Postby Lotterz » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:39 am

i would love to have a Chihuahua called Minky :P lol

I used to be ozzle1 and .:The.Albino:.

Say hi to my cousin 'lizzierain1906' :) She is new here, and very awesome :P
Lotterz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thatbandkid » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:38 am

Mind Over Matter wrote:I really want an ex-racer Greyhound and a rescue Collie. I love dogs and they are my two dream dogs. I am going to get them in the future but first I need to move out and have the space, time and money ect to be able to care for them.

I would love a ex-racer greyhound to its so nice to know that your greyhound is going to have a happy life after racing instead of maybe being put down
tumblr wattpad

Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Thatbandkid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby foreverthesickestsam » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:36 am

My dream pet: a tailless rex rat (male) preferably rusted black self w/ an aditude like or the same as my current ratty zes
# of pets:
7 cats
4 rats
1 mouse
1 gekco
1 dad (lol jk)
Zeus: PEW standard topeared male rat
Willard: Black Berkshire standard topeard male rat
Apollo: Champange berkshire standard topeared male rat
Ben: Agutti Dumbo standard slightly rusted male rat
Merlin: Black male cat
Sweety & Fluffy: Tuxedo female cats
Boots:female tuxedo cat w/ a black dot on nose
Frosty: Female Russian Blue
Swirls: Female tabby of some sort
Lazy: female mitted siameese
Mocha: a mouse -_-
Sir Licky Face: an unknow gendered gekco
When you drive home that night with the cage
belted into the passenger seat, the bird
makes a sound that is not a word
but that you immediately recognize

as the sound of your mother’s phone
ringing, and you know it is the sound
of you calling her again and again,
the sound of her not answering. ©

Respect the living; Honor the dead.

foreverthesickestsam

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Cat » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:19 pm

I would love any fox. <333 But probably a white one (you know like a pearl fox, etc.)
Best of wishes
The Cat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rant » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:01 pm

I want to keep goats if I ever move to an area that's rural enough. It would have to be a place where other residents wouldn't complain about the animals, but also a place where there is enough room for the animals, it says that you need a 20x20 pen for them at the least, and that even seems a bit small to yours truly. I use the plural, because you can't just have one goat. They are herd animals and it's detrimental to their mental health and well being to not give them a buddy, even of a different species. I'd like pygmy goats, preferably a male and a female. I would get the male descented for obvious reasons (they really smell if you don't) and wouldn't debudd either of them (debudding is where you remove the horns). I was looking into goat's milk and what not, but apparently they can produce up to three quarts of milk a day, and I simply wouldn't have the time for something like that.

Something that's cool is that goats are intelligent enough to be "potty trained" when it comes to urine. Not so much when it comes to feces though, as it's generally thought that they aren't aware of their bowel movements.

Another thing that I find interesting is the fact that goats are browsers, not grazers. In other words, they won't mow your lawn like a sheep but rather pick out things they like. I've read that goats have an affinity for blackberries. There's also the issue of getting feed, as males who've been "neutered" (there's another word for it in goat lingo) cannot have regular grain as it causes kidney stones.

Anyways I hope I didn't drone on and on here, I've really just been over-educating myself on the matter and recently visited a coworker's farm where he keeps around 15 goats for meat and milk purposes. Believe it or not, goat meat is very good. The ribs are the best part, in my opinion. He has to wake up really early and basically works into the night. I doubt I would want to keep that many though.

Yeah, definitely educating myself to get some in the near future.
Rant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Marley.&.Me » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:43 pm

Actually, I have all mine.

A Saint Bernard - Lulu - 8 years old.
A Japanese Akita - Hachiko - almost 1 year.
A American Akita - Tsume - 10 months
A Vizsla - Penelope - About 7-9 months old
A Weimaraner - Tyler - 7 months
A Weimaraner - Amber - 7 months
A Australian Shepherd - Kenadee - about 8 months
A German Shepherd - Cassie - 1 year.
A Black Lab - Buckeye - approx 9 weeks.
A Yellow Lab - Reylynn - approx 9 weeks.

--

6 cats {all american short-hairs besides squeakers, shes a tortie and oliver/victor, they are longhair siamese mixes.}

Squeakers - {unknown age, kitten}
Tigger - 1 1/2
Jasper - 1 year.
Billie - shes 'bout 12 months
Victor - 1 1/2
Oliver - 1 1/2
Marley.&.Me

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fortunea » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:02 am

Mines a horse or pony, but a Friesian to be precise.
friesian-horse-b7d3edfdf5824a5563edca87bd3f8faaf3c26ac4.jpg
friesian-horse-b7d3edfdf5824a5563edca87bd3f8faaf3c26ac4.jpg (107.5 KiB) Viewed 71 times
:)
Fortunea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Mad Girl » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:14 am

From all the allowed pets on my country, I would indeed love to have a Python Regius or a Ferret.
But here are my dreams (with the ones I already had before, but would love to own them again!):

Chinese Hamster (Had some before, pretty rare on my country, I'm currently looking for one for months, still not found it!!!)

An Aussie, my second favourite dog breed (Never had, PRETTY rare here, I already asked the breeder list on our Klub, but there are only two breeders and they don't reply, so, probably they are retired or just don't breed them anymore):

Boxer ♥ (My favourtie dog breed, I had one before, but I wouldn't regret to get another one in the future, I can't now though!):

Rats! (Already had two in my life, but I would love to have some again, but I can't, since the person I'm living with doesn't like them, so, I only have Hamsters, but I don't regret it, I prefer Hamsters all the way):

A little Betta (Never had before):

My favourite cat breed, Norwegian Forest Cat (Never had before!):

A Ragdoll (Never had before!) :

An English Cocker Spaniel (Never had before!):

A Welsh Corgi Pembroke (Never had before!):

German Shepherd, working breeding line only, I dislike the show lines (Never had!):

Ceskoslovenský Vlcak (Never had):

Akita Inu (Never had):

Border Collie (Never Had):

Alaskan Malamute (Never had):

Australian Cattle Dog (Never had but unlike the other breeds above I never saw this breed personally, but I'm totally in love):

The Mad Girl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fortunea » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:25 am

MoonlightGothicHeart wrote:From all the allowed pets on my country, I would indeed love to have a Python Regius or a Ferret.
But here are my dreams (with the ones I already had before, but would love to own them again!):

Chinese Hamster (Had some before, pretty rare on my country, I'm currently looking for one for months, still not found it!!!)

An Aussie, my second favourite dog breed (Never had, PRETTY rare here, I already asked the breeder list on our Klub, but there are only two breeders and they don't reply, so, probably they are retired or just don't breed them anymore):

Boxer ♥ (My favourtie dog breed, I had one before, but I wouldn't regret to get another one in the future, I can't now though!):

Rats! (Already had two in my life, but I would love to have some again, but I can't, since the person I'm living with doesn't like them, so, I only have Hamsters, but I don't regret it, I prefer Hamsters all the way):

A little Betta (Never had before):

My favourite cat breed, Norwegian Forest Cat (Never had before!):

A Ragdoll (Never had before!) :

An English Cocker Spaniel (Never had before!):

A Welsh Corgi Pembroke (Never had before!):

German Shepherd, working breeding line only, I dislike the show lines (Never had!):

Ceskoslovenský Vlcak (Never had):

Akita Inu (Never had):

Border Collie (Never Had):

Alaskan Malamute (Never had):

Australian Cattle Dog (Never had but unlike the other breeds above I never saw this breed personally, but I'm totally in love):

Aw, those pets are so sweet! There are Chinese hamsters in most petshops where I live. I could consider getting one...
:)
Fortunea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Mad Girl » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:30 am

They are pretty rare here, I've been looking for months, I don't really wanto to buy from a pet shop, but they don't have chinese hamsters for sale as well.
The Mad Girl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me