CLOSED (WINNERS ANNOUNCED): UR HOLLY DOG GIVEAWAY!

Find a competition to enter your artwork in, or create an art competition for others!
Forum rules
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

CLOSED (WINNERS ANNOUNCED): UR HOLLY DOG GIVEAWAY!

Postby Kendyy » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:44 pm

1st: steampoweredfan with x
2nd: Vylad with x
3rd: stormy and rescuer with x
4th: PlutonianOpal with x
5th: RainbowCharizard with x
6th: Harry3son with x

!! PM ME ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE !!
hi everyone! I've decided to give my UR Holly Dog away!
If you do not know, the UR Holly Dog is on the main rares list above the gap, meaning it is suuuuper rare.

rules are simple
-appropriate story
-follow writing prompt
-one entry per person
-you may have wips and you may mark this

writing prompt
write about how the UR Holly Dog gained its holly wings.
You can use your imagination to tell how the Holly Dog gained its wings! It's all your idea!

You may write this however you would like (i enjoy reading short stories *wink wink*) '
you will be judged by how intriguing and creative your story is!
Please try to stay away from something cliche, such as santa giving him the wings for holiday :)

when does this giveaway end and what are the prizes?
This giveaway/contest will end on January 3rd, and I will have the winners out by January 10th at the latest!

And now for prizes...

My favorite entry will receive the big prize, THE UR HOLLY DOG!

My second favorite entry will receive this Advent List Tier 8 TEAL BUTTERBUN! AND 2 OTHER RARE BUNNIES

My third favorite entry will receive 3 rare dogs!

Fourth, Fifth, and Sixth place will receive 2 random rares from this group!

Thank you all so much and I wish you good luck! I'm so excited to read the entries!
xo kendyy
Last edited by Kendyy on Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
hi im kendyy!
im really looking for wishlist pets and rares~
🐝 im on central standard time 🐝
ImageImageImage
Kendyy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: UR HOLLY DOG GIVEAWAY! SIMPLE WRITING CONTEST

Postby veggie » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:52 pm

mark~
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
veggie wrote:I have been on CS
for quite some time,
so if you have any
questions about trades,
navigating the site,
or anything of the like,
my inbox is always open!

veggie wrote:"If I had a flower for every time
I thought of you, I could walk in my
garden forever."
veggie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby malkav, » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:53 pm

-- aa i marked this post to fit in a story, but i think i'm stepping out of the competition! good luck everyone <3
Last edited by malkav, on Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
malkav,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yoinks » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:54 pm

There was noise- in the impeccable silence of winter, a noise.
How does one describe it. A squeak? Squeal? Maybe the chirp of a Bird.
Never out in the forest had she once heard a noise. Especially in winter.

The hiker stopped. Through the defeating sound of silence- it came again.

She spun on her heels, scarf flying, toward the noise. A holly bush lay ahead. The snow crunched beneath the hiker’s feet as she approached. The wind started to blow and an increasing tightness hit her heart as nervousness set in - what could a sound, a noise, a chirp possibly mean in a silent forest where life is rarely found what could it be-

And she lifted the leaves and beneath the holly boughs dusted in fresh snow was a puppy-

It was hidden in the snow - or was it fur? It was a edgeless seam between the animal and the earth, eyes of red, a red from where the dog was found a red, that matched the holly.

So the hiker picked up the puppy and held it tight, waiting for it's shivers to stop. And once the dog was calm the hiker started the long trek home, as quickly and silently as possible.

The hiker lived alone. A small cabin in the woods was enough for her. Seccluted. Safe. A heavy iron fence kept her separated from the silent forest. Upon arriving to the gates that guard the yard she stopped. What would she name the dog? What better name could there be besides the one of the trail she was hiking? Cliff.

She unlocked the gates and with a rusty squeal they opened. After stepping inside the hiker turned back around and locked each of the three padlocks.

Safe.

Once inside, the hiker stroked the already burning logs in her fireplace and placed the dog in front of it. She silently made her way into the cellar and brought up rations she had scavenged from the last hunting season. Perfect for a dog. Old red meat.

Together the two sat in front of the fire, Cliff gnawing on the food while the hiker stared into the fire. She would enjoy a companion.

Day begin to pass and everything is better. The hiker has a companion, a partner to hike with every morning. And these days turn into weeks turn into months and now it is hunting season again.

Locks are doubled, doors only opened for Cliff in the yard because the hiker wants to protect, be cautious be-

Safe.

But the now adult dog can’t understand, its full in size but not in the brain and one day it jumps. Cliff jumps over the fence and runs and the hiker watches in silent horror because she cannot scream, cannot draw any attention

She runs to the gate hands shaking, the key missing the padlock hole, anticipating the sound she knows she will hear.

The gate swings open and she runs, sprints down cliff trail following the pawprints in the fresh snow, eyes becoming foggy with tears.

The hiker can hear them coming. The hunters. Up ahead her dog bounds down the path, stopping at the same holly bush from whence he was found.

A hint relief trickles into the hunters mind before it drains as she hears it-

A single blow

A single shot

And Cliff collapses.

And with this shot came a noise the hiker had never made before, a scream, a screech of pure anguish but she couldn’t run to the body because the hunters were still coming. And now they knew she was here.

Now completely blinded by the tears that clouded her eye she ran back to the cabin.

The bullets whizzed by but the only thing the hiker could hear was the dull buzzing in her ears.

She made it home.

Alone, but

Safe.

The hiker was numb, but not from the cold. That night she was kept awake by the recurring image of the collapsed partnered with the gunshots that rang through the night, all through hunting season.

And the next day she was alone.

And yet again the days stretched into weeks to months, and the season was over.

So the hiker wanted to hike.

She wanted to see.

To be sure.

She she began the trek. Not as emotional as she once was but yet the tears strung her eyes in the cold and her sniffs echoed in the silence.

Down cliff trail she walked and she made it to the holly bush.

She was again frozen in place looking at the scene before her. It was Cliff. The dog was preserved in the place where he fell several months ago, the cold keeping the rot away. His fur must have been defense, not even a hunter would notice the shadow in the snow.

And she noticed the bush, the holly bush that matched his eyes, had grown.

Elegant branches and leaves had expanded, pushing through the back, the dogs back, forming the most beautiful wings.

It was the scene of a dream, too serene, too peaceful to be true.

And in that moment, the hiker knelt down.

It was the one time she had ever, truly felt

Safe.

(omg sorry that got real depressing! I might write an alternative happy ending but thank you so much for the opportunity and I hope you liked it <3)

also i made the text smaller so it would take up less room :D
Last edited by yoinks on Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:27 am, edited 4 times in total.
yoinks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HorseDad » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:54 pm

Res
ImageImageImage
HorseDad

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mgs3 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:56 pm

-mark
ImageImage
jody, she/they lesbian
pms and such are always open
mainly into spn, silent hill, horror, and resevil
jody#1017 ask 4 overwatch and dbd tags
mgs3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: UR HOLLY DOG GIVEAWAY! 10+ OLD RARES GIVEAWAY!

Postby ~Chiaki Nanami~ » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:00 pm

The Holly dog's wings!
The 23rd of December and he still had no one under the mistletoe with him. Like every year no one wanted to kiss a boring old white dog. He sat sadly with his tail tucked over his paws and sort of pouted but there was no reason to. He was used to it, no one had ever asked him to be under the mistletoe with him. He had asked a joker before but she laughed and walked off. He was heartbroken after that.

"Would you like to be under the mistletoe with me?" Said an unknown voice. He perked his ears but didn't look up. "Hello?" Came the voice again an drew he looked only to see a beautiful three tailed purplish orange striped dog. The UR tiger dog had asked him to be under that mistletoe and his heart fluttered. At once three little berries and two spiky leaves sprouted from his back, right about his shoulder and the tiger dog looked so surprised and led him to the mistletoe where she licked his cheek and they lived forever together. The end!
I hope you liked it!
Last edited by ~Chiaki Nanami~ on Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I play overwatch on console! My gamertag is Exxohh so if you want to play just send me a message \
I'm also obsessed with Danganronpa!

~Chiaki Nanami~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spacesheep » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:03 pm

Marking! (I'm working on mine now but I wanna write it all out first before posting lol)
Spacesheep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wyrmmy » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:06 pm

-Mark/WIP-
Red Berries and a Wish
-
Our tale begins on Christmas Eve, the weather more than lovely with a breeze that makes you feel like you should be drinking a hot cup of cocoa, skating beside a loved one or family member. However, the tale doesn’t focus on the jolly of how Christmas Eve is or was, instead, we’re looking a little farther than the skating rink. A couple of blocks away in the quiet town, is where it really starts. We shall be following the tale of Christmas Eve of a certain puppy named Morgan.
-
Morgan is a skinny pup, but not too skinny as he seems to pull through with begging for food from others.. or just earning scraps from the dumpster behind the most occupied restaurants. He’s quite small, but he isn’t a runt. Morgan is kind of shy, so most chances of human encounters are from begging for food, which isn’t very often. His coat, once a beautiful and glossy white coat as pure as snow, is now covered in the unspeakable, smelling most closely to rotting fish and looking more of a grey color. Although, even if he has major flaws that contradict his chance of getting a forever home, the one thing that he always does is stay hopeful and determined to survive.

-
As the night continued with the usual dumpster diving for food, foot steps ring out from behind the Ally. With how dogs ears are, Morgan’s swiveled around to pinpoint the sound. Realizing they were making a turn into the alley, the juvenile made a valiant dash out of the alley to make sure he didn’t get caught. As he ran, a voice sounded out.. But Morgan was too far ahead to hear it. His steps slowed down to a jog, then to a trot, and finally to a solemn walk. Morgan had ended up out of breath sooner than he had believed he’d keep it. Knowing the town quite well by now, The pup made a sharp right to the park. His eyes looked around for a brief moment before finding his humble space he called a temporary home, underneath a holly bush. He quickly settled in the small dent under the bush that he created to become more comfortable. His body felt particularly tired, but his eyes seemed to want to keep him awake. As they moved towards the light, the stars twinkled above. They seemed to fade in and out to glow brighter every time, as if to guide the great navigators that lived upon this Earth once before. Morgan breathed out a sigh, a quiet way to show another sign of how tired he was. It had been a long day, and it had barley benefitted him. His stomach growled upon thinking of it, and Morgan lifted his head to speak a prayer before drifting away to his dreams. “If you can hear me, I hope to be able to pull through, and if I cannot find a home.. If I cannot find a person to cherish and love me, may I become as resilient as the holly bushes that stand tall as the cold snow blankets the trees for them to drift asleep? That is all I ask for, to hopefully fulfill my Christmas dream.. My only dream. Please decide on my wish carefully in hopes that it does become reality..” His voice was soft and sounded completely dedicated to his wish, his belief on the wish being set in quite a stubborn state.
-
Morgan awakes to the humble smell of the familiar holly bush, only to notice the day had not yet passed into the next. Begrudgingly, he slipped out from under the bush, trotting upon the trail that he had set to leave the park. He still was blinking, sleep still hanging heavily upon his eyelids and body.
Tap.. Tap....
The same footsteps from yesterday sounded out.
Morgan didn’t notice, he was too groggy to realize the sounds behind him before they came too close.
Small hands picked his little body up, and Morgan yelped, understandably quite startled. He squirmed around the the girls arms, but to no avail.
-
Last edited by wyrmmy on Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

vvBOXvv
╔═════════════╗

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Hi!
I make art and have a huge focus on
games. I really love Splatoon n Nintendo,
but I have difficulties communicating.
Would appreciate your patience ♥

AAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAADA TH
AAAAAAAAAA ↓ ↓
AAAAAAAAA《 Image Credit 》
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAxx

╚═════════════╝

^^BOX^^
xxxxxxImage « Art made by Kodiiak, love you! » Image
^^^^^ART CREDIT^^^^^
wyrmmy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby steampoweredfan » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:18 pm

Holly walked through the streets on Christmas Eve, once again without her person. Angel dogs were supposed to find their person on their first earth Christmas, yet she was going on her third year desperately searching for someone to help, in hopes that maybe she'd find her person. She would know when she found her person because she'd finally grow her wings! Beautiful, white, feathery, and soft, meant for enveloping her new person in. Not that the humans could see them, of course. Every dog had them though. Holly came from a special sect of dogs, the Christmas Dogs. All of the touching stories of dogs finding homes for Christmas were these special dogs. Some were born into families, some simply had to wait, and others, like Holly, had to search for theirs, finding them by chance.
~
Holly had spent the entire day stopping by every person she saw on the streets, picking up dropped items, providing a friendly presence to those waiting around, and entertaining children. She was so tired. She walked away to find a place to hide for a quick nap. Time was running out. As she walked, she saw in the distance a family. A mother and two kids; one baby and one little girl. The mother seemed very preoccupied, and the little girl was impatient. Wrenching free of her mother, she started running across the street; running right into oncoming traffic. The mother saw this and screamed at her, noticing a car heading right towards her. Leaping into action, Holly ran with all of her might and pounced on the little girl, pushing her out of the way of the oncoming car.
As the little girl sat in shock and the mother ran over with tears in her eyes and her other child still in her arms, she looked at Holly, and thanked her with such sincerity that Holly wondered if she knew that dogs were more than they appeared.
~
As the family walked away and the crowd died down, Holly was heartbroken. How were they not her people? The day was near close and she still hadn't found her home. The sun had set and snow had begun to fall. She had missed her chance again. She returned to Above and met with her superior.
"I tried my best. I still haven't found my people, and I haven't gained my wings," Holly lamented to the High Angel.
"My child, I know you have done your best," she replied, her voice enveloping her in warmth, "Now tell me: What is it you have done these past three years to find your people?"
"I've always helped anyone I could find. Surely one of them must be mine to keep, hold, and protect?"
"Ah, now who told you that you must help anyone to find your forever home?"
"Well, no one, I suppose. I just have always enjoyed it," Holly replied, unsure where the conversation was going.
"What if I told you that every single person you've helped has been yours?" the High Angel said, smiling, "I've never seen an angel dog so ready, so willing, and so happily help everyone. And this is why I've chosen you for a special position."
Holly's eyes widened in surprise. "What sort of special position?" she asked.
"I'm appointing you as Angel of Christmas. Every person who lives by the spirit of Christmas will be yours to watch over and to love. You'll receive your wings of course! But yours will be unique, and will provide a special kind of comfort that one can only find from the spirit of Christmas."
Suddenly, Holly felt a comforting weight on her back, like a gentle hand providing support. Her wings! She looked at them, a beautiful set of green holly leaves complete with berries, of course!
"Thank you so much!" Holly barked, jumping around the High Angel in excitement.
~
Holly spent Christmas day going to everyone she could find, wrapping them in her brand new wings and bringing joy wherever she went.
Last edited by steampoweredfan on Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steampoweredfan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me