draw my OCs, RESULTS UP

Find a competition to enter your artwork in, or create an art competition for others!
Forum rules
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

draw my OCs, RESULTS UP

Postby Jadeghost » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:41 pm

Hi everyone! So sorry it's taken me a little while to get these results up; I'm really grateful for the kindness and nice wishes.
This was pretty hard to judge as a lot of the entries were all really close in skill level, but I got quite a lot of amazing work and this is what I've narrowed things down to:

Honorable Mentions:

Shadowflight13, Vanillasaur, and Eyulf!

I chose THREE for this category because I simply couldn't narrow it down further. Some of these very nearly won third place.

ImageImageImage

Third Prize:

jufeem!

I really, really think it's the description of this image that got me, and it translated through your art. You understand them.

jufeem wrote:I loved the idea of Sitora's iridescent scales; I imagined how brilliant she'd look against a shimmering sea. Being an ocean dragon, that must be a frequent sight - and a breath-taking one. As for Kaos, I sympathized a lot with his terrible past and I thought of him as a broken dragon, one still recovering. With such a strong character as Sitora supporting him, I can't help but love the couple. I aimed to portray a warm relationship between contrasting characters.

Second Prize:

ArianaFire!

You made one of the most gorgeous pieces of art Alex has to date, and in her royal outfit too!

First Prize:

Jayfrost!

I love the colors, the facial expression, the scale detail...well done.

Prizes should all be handed out. Thank you everyone once again, it's been fun!

Hi there~

It's time for my yearly art contest!

past contest one
past contest two

I have several OC's that are quite important to me, as they are central to my persona both on this site and off. I always love getting more art of them and finding out more about them in the process!
You can draw any of the characters mentioned below, and while you are more than welcome to draw them separately I would love to see pieces containing multiple characters! Keep reading to meet them!

яєвєccα яoѕє ᴅяιαℓαє
Reference:
x
(Art by hawaiianbabidoll)
Many more references and info located here

Full name: Rebecca Rose Drialae
Birthday: October 7th
Eyes: Dark forest green
Hair: Jet black curls that fall to her waist. When her hair is not down, it is french braided in a single braid down her back.
Always Wears: One of Sitora's claws as a necklace.
History:
Rebecca was born to the (then) Ocean dragon sorceress Elizabeth Drialae and the Mountain dragon sorcerer Luke Mathoku. Their romance was fast, unexpected, and hard. Elizabeth did not tell Luke that she was pregnant with his child for two reasons; one being that their relationship was already over when she found out, and the most important being that their love was strictly forbidden, and none knew what the consequences of birthing a child of mixed dragon blood might mean. Elizabeth gave birth to her daughter in secret with only her best friend present, and refused to tell anyone who the father was. Since Elizabeth still had many years of service left to the dragons, she gave her child to her previous lover and his wife (Benjamin and Juliet Bennett), who were unable to conceive a child of their own, and led them to believe that the child was his.
Rebecca grew up believing she was Benjamin's bastard, with a stepmother who hated her. Benjamin refused to ever speak of Elizabeth, and neither parent treated her particularly well. The only clue Rebecca had to her real past was the small dragon claw necklace that had been around her neck for as long as she could remember, and was never explained.
When Rebecca was four, Juilet experienced a miracle and gave birth to a small baby girl, Eleanor (known as Ella). After that, Rebecca was virtually ignored as Juliet and Benjamin poured all of their attention and love to their "real" daughter. It was that same year that Rebecca began to wander further and further into the forbidden and dangerous forest, and in doing so stumbled into Tristan, a young boy two years older than her.
Over the years, Rebecca and Tristan developed a close friendship, and each was there for the other in the hard times. It was Rebecca who comforted Tristan as he was going through being physically abused by his alcoholic father, and it was Tristan who agreed to teach Rebecca how to use a sword even when it is forbidden for women to be taught such things. He comforted her when they found out Ella had a deadly, incurable disease, and the tiny threads that were left holding Rebecca's family together began to fall apart. But everything changed the day William proposed.
The son of the wealthiest lord in the village; William Shiel was now old enough to marry. Everyone knew of the fearless wild child permitted to roam the forest without any supervision, even if they had not actually seen her. Rebecca had become a strange sort of legend, known for her courage and daring, but most of all her luck for never having been harmed by any of the forest's innumerable dangers. William was intrigued, and determined to tame her wild spirit. Rebecca was left with no choice; Juliet and Benjamin agreed without hesitation and arranged the marriage. The money from William's father would be more than enough to pay for Ella's ongoing medical treatment, and at eighteen, it was well past time for Rebecca to settle down and marry.
Tristan, Rebecca's only confidant, became cold and distant. She frequently missed their combat training sessions in order to help with wedding preparations, and turned a deaf ear when Tristan tried to warn her of rumors surrounding William's past treatment of women. After a turbulent and short engagement, William had a little too much to drink on the eve of the wedding, and finally showed his true colors. Rebecca managed to flee to the forest, but for the first time, she was not safe.
She had accidentally stumbled into direwolf territory, and the pack was relentless. By some miracle, she had wandered near where Tristan lived, and he heard her screams. A torch, large horse, and a sword was all it took to ward the wolves off, but not before the damage had been done. Bleeding and barely conscious, Tristan got her back to his house and nursed her through the night until a healer could be called the next morning. It was only then that they both realized how strong their feelings were for one another.
When William learned of the attack, he almost did not want to marry a "broken" woman. But since Rebecca's face was untouched, Benjamin managed to convince him not to call off the match. As soon as Rebecca was well enough again, the wedding was set. It was an hour before the ceremony when news came that Tristan had been attacked and killed by everyone's worst fear: dragons. Rebecca became inconsolable, and no one could stop her as she mounted her best horse and tore into the forest after him.
She rode for hours into the night until not even she knew where she was, being chased by creatures she hadn't even believed were real. But it was the direwolves who would not lose a second time, and cornered her once again. And this time, there was no one there to save her. Rebecca's not fully healed wounds felt as if they were ripping back open before they had even touched her.
This time, her savior was not her lover. Rebecca now found herself face to face with a massive dragon who had chased away each and every wolf as if it were a mouse; who looked somehow familiar even though she had never seen, or even known anyone who had seen a dragon face to face and lived to tell about it.
That's when the dragon lifted it's massive foot to show her it was missing a claw.
Personality:
Stubborn, fiercely determined, reckless, and brave are the words that describe her best. Rebecca would do absolutely anything for those she loves, even if that involves hurting herself in the process. She can be very good at hiding her true feelings, but not to those who know her best. Rebecca is naturally untrustworthy, and this often prevents her from forming normal friendships and relationships. The relationships she does form are nearly unbreakable; often too strong and place far too much emotional responsibility on others. Her lack of encouragement and guidance as a child often shakes her self confidence as an adult. Rebecca's heart is her fatal flaw; you can get just about anything you want from her if you threaten someone she loves. Rebecca can sometimes be reckless; charging into things without totally thinking them through. But this does not mean she is unintelligent, as she is a very quick thinker in the heat of the moment, able to find creative and sensible solutions under pressure. Her battle training with Tristan has made her a very agile and tough fighter, though she lacks physical strength when facing men.
Likes: Dragons, horses, swordfighting, the ocean, flying, dogs, open spaces
Dislikes: Liars, small spaces, being trapped, falling
You can draw her with: Tristan, in a romantic pose; Kaos in a neutral/friendly pose; or Sitora in a friendly pose.
There's a specific scene I have in mind for drawing Rebecca and Kaos together; if you're interested, PM me for details!

тяιѕтαи ℓogαи нαωтнσяиє
References: x and x
Both were made using this character generator here
Many more references and info here

Full name: Tristan Logan Hawthorne
Birthday: August 17th
Eyes: Bright blue
Hair: Longer for a male, messy dark brown. It often gets in his eyes.
Always Wears: Well, rather "carries" in this case; his sword.
History:
Tristan was born to a happy couple, Kia and Logan Hawthorne. But his mother was only 18 when she gave birth to him, and due to complications, she died just a few days after (or so he was told), leaving Logan to raise his only son on his own.
Logan deeply resented Tristan and blamed his son for Kia's death, and when Logan began turning to alcohol he would often beat Tristan during his rages. Finally, things got so bad that Tristan refused to live with his father past the age of thirteen, and he stayed in Rebecca's barn while he worked to save up money for his own place. Eventually he was able to buy a small shack on the outskirts of the village, almost in the forest, but this worked for him since he worked as a woodcutter. All the while he remained close friends with Rebecca, and they often spent their afternoons in combat training.
When William proposed to Rebecca and she began skipping their meetings more and more often, Tristan became incredibly jealous and irritable, and was unable to find a reason why. He did not realize he had feelings for her until Rebecca spent a night at his place after he saved her from a pack of wolves. The very next night however, he was met in the forest by a dragon, who informed him that he was the next heir to the position of the Ice dragon sorcerer.
Personality:
When compared to Rebecca, Tristan is calm and more sensible. He prefers to think things through before charging blindly into danger, and hates not having a plan as he is not a quick thinker and often cracks under pressure. Tristan is one to sit back and watch someone be happy even when it is hurting him in the process, but will speak his mind and give advice when it is needed; although a major pet peeve of his is when people come to him for advice but don't follow it. Tristan is protective and fiercely loyal to those he loves and trusts. He is typically skeptical when meeting someone new and it takes longer for him to warm up to a stranger than most.Tristan is not easily angered, but if you manage to piss him off he can have a nasty temper.
Likes: Cold, rainy weather, campfires, the forest, swordfighting, darkness
Dislikes: Hot weather, swimming, light, getting up early
You can draw him with: Rebecca in a romantic pose.

αℓєхαиᴅяια נαᴅє ѕoмαяα
References: x, x, and x
All were made using this character generator here

More references and info located here

Full name: Princess Alexandria Jade Somara
Birthday: April 2nd
Eyes: Baby blue
Hair: Straight light blond hair that falls to her waist. In battle, she wears it in a tightly woven bun.
Always carries: Her longbow and quiver. The leaf on her arm is a tattoo.
History:
Since birth Alex has been very independent even for a princess; as her brother, the prince, was always the favored child and the one their parents cherished. To the Queen, Edward could do no wrong, while her daughter Alexandria did everything wrong. Alex has always been feminine by nature and did well in her manners and ladylike qualities, but to her mother she still had much to learn. Queen Catherine always used her daughter's full name, which is why Alex hates to be called by it.
There was one thing that the Queen despised more than anything else about Alex though, and that was her interest in archery. In their land, it is forbidden for woman to learn how to use weaponry, but somehow Alex convinced her father to let her learn how to shoot. Archery became her escape, release, and passion, and Alex began to revel in how it infuriated her mother. One night, when the two had a particularity bad argument, the Queen got physical with Alex and slapped her. That night, Alex fled with a few knights into the forbidden forest, where she was taken by the dragons to claim her place as the Marsh dragon sorceress at the humble age of 16. So far, she is the youngest human ever to begin her training among the dragons.
Personality;
Alex tends to clash with Rebecca quite often due to their personalities being very much the same. She is just as stubborn and strong-willed as Rebecca, but she also has a gentler side to her that is rarely seen. When using her gift as a healer, Alex becomes quiet and soothing, just as able to help heal emotional wounds as well as physical ones. She is unwavering in her foundation in that there is little that can shake her, and this sometimes causes others to lean on her too heavily. But when all seems lost, Alex can be the only beacon of hope to look up to.
Likes: cats, nature, the forest, the color green, women and females, archery
Dislikes: dogs, being challenged, dark colors, men, hand to hand combat
You can draw her with: there aren't any characters included in this contest it would make sense to depict her with, so by herself is just fine, in any of the outfits referenced!

кαoѕ
Official Reference
Art (c) Furiouswolf, Kaos (c) Me
Many more references for him here

History:
Born to be a leader, Kaos's deranged and power hungry father knew this, so one day he took his son out alone into the forest and mauled him, coming inches within taking the young Kaos's life. Miraculously, Kaos pulled through, but he lost the use of his right wing and is therefore unable to fly. He will bear the physical and mental scars from that day for the rest of his life. His father was dismissed from power and when he was old enough, Kaos took his place. He has ruled the "rogue" dragons ever since, trying his best to support and protect them even though each new day is only harder than the last.
Personality:
Bitter and resentful, Kaos has withdrawn into himself, and is not very sociable at all. He highly prefers to be alone, and has no true friends. He has a caring side but it rarely comes out anymore as flying was his one true joy, and it was ripped from him all too soon. Despite his past he is protective of those who rely on him and will do what he must in order to keep them safe; despite his own physical disability. Underneath his broken exterior, all he wants is for someone to love and accept him for who he is.
Dislikes: His scars, Light, Early Mornings, Open Spaces
You may draw him: With Rebecca in a sad/neutral pose, or by himself in a sad/neutral pose. He is NOT a happy character so please keep this in mind, and DO NOT draw him in flight as he is unable to fly. You are also welcome to draw him with Sitora in a romantic pose!
I have a specific idea in mind for Kaos and Rebecca to be drawn together. If you are interested, PM me for details!

ѕιтσяα
Official Reference
Art (c) Furiouswolf, Sitora (c) Me
Many more references and info located here

History:
Unlike her twin sister, who was born blind and had to work hard to overcome her disability, most things came very naturally to Sitora and it was soon very clear that she was destined for great things. Slowly but surely, she worked her way up the ranks and eventually became leader of the Ocean dragons.
Personality:
Sitora is everything you would find in a loyal, proud dragon; she is brave and strong, and willing and able to lead the dragons she loves through any challenges that may come her way. To the dragons she must lead and protect, she is their rock; unwavering and never shaken, for she must be strong for them. She isn't going to pretend that she doesn't have doubts every now and again; everyone does. But she must often hide her true feelings and carry on even when she herself is ready to give up, which can be incredibly hard on her. However, cross her and she will become your worst nightmare. She does not stand for the humans that invade her territory; the land that is rightfully belongs to the dragons.
Likes: Flying, the ocean, the forest, early mornings, sunrise
Dislikes: Feeling trapped, being alone, keeping secrets
You may draw her: With Rebecca however you want, or with Kaos in a romantic pose.

Now onto the rules and prizes!

яυℓєѕ
    ~This should be obvious, but use your own original art for this contest. Anyone who does otherwise will be reported.
    ~Be polite to everyone else and their art, and don't whine if you do not end up winning.
    ~I reserve the right to use any of the art entered, even if I do not award it any prizes. Once you enter a piece, you agree to allow me to save it for my own personal files. I will ALWAYS credit the original artist, and never use any of your art for anything other than my own personal use.
    ~You CAN have more than one entry!
    ~Since a lot of people have been asking, I PREFER digital art over traditional, but please draw in the style that suits you best! The fact that I have a preference won't influence the results in any way; in a past contest, a traditional piece won the top prize!
    ~If you choose to enter traditional art, I do ask that you have a way of scanning your piece so that the art can be seen clearly.
    ~
    [strike]This contest ends on May 1st. I have extended the deadline to July 15th!
    I MIGHT give extensions if you need more time, but only if you ask me BEFORE the deadline.

ρяιzєѕ
Now for the moment you have all been waiting for: the prizes!
Please note: You will win the prizes for the category I choose you for. There will be no swapping of prizes unless the winners choose to do that after the contest among themselves.

1st Prize!
ImageImage
A Blue Balloon, Line Tribal, + 150C$

2nd Prize
ImageImage
A Joker Bun, Evil PPS, + 100C$

3rd Prize
ImageImageImage
A Malk Mutant, Scarf PS, and Ghost Cat

Honorable Mentions
There can be as many winners as I choose for this category!
(Likely 2-3)

75C$

Prize Pool for Entries

ImageImageImage
These are examples, there are plenty more pets hidden in there!
For entering, you get your choice of ONE rare in this group. If you do not see any pets you like, you can choose to receive 20C$ if you would prefer that!
Please note: You can have as many entries as you want. But you only get the entry prize for your first entry!
I also reserve the right to add/remove pets from the prize pool as needed. If you would like me to save a pet for you, be sure to let me know in advance! Once you ask me to reserve a pet, I can only hold it for a maximum of FIVE DAYS in order to be fair to everyone. After that, someone else may ask to reserve or receive it as their prize.
Only pets from this specific group are available as entry prizes.

Good luck everyone, and I look forward to your entries! <3

Rebecca and Kaos thank you.
(By thoughtsupnorth on tumblr)
Last edited by Jadeghost on Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:58 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Jadeghost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: draw my OCs, win a joker bunny, evil PPS, and MORE

Postby Jadeghost » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:55 pm

єитяιєѕ
(in the order they were received)
x and x by Shadowflight13 Entry Prize: Claimed
x by LostInTheEcho Entry Prize: Claimed
x by ArianaFire Entry Prize: Claimed
x by Clawdina Entry Prize: Claimed
x by i-kon Entry Prize: Claimed
x by Vanillasaur Entry Prize: Claimed
x by Snailcircus Entry Prize: Claimed
x by ~HumbleWalnut~ Entry Prize: Claimed
x by jufeem Entry Prize: Claimed
x by loathsome Entry Prize: Claimed
x by OHHAILTHECHOOKOFLIFE Entry Prize: Claimed
x by Mocha-Latté Entry Prize: Claimed
x by Jayfrost Entry Prize: Claimed
x by Kina202 Entry Prize: Claimed
x by Eyulf Entry Prize: Claimed
Last edited by Jadeghost on Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:33 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Jadeghost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: draw my OCs, win a blue balloon, malk mutant, and MORE

Postby Hollow.Souls » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:18 am

Am i able to draw a human oc in dog/wolf form?
Hollow.Souls

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jadeghost » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:48 pm

Hollow.Souls wrote:Am i able to draw a human oc in dog/wolf form?

No sorry, my characters are only meant to be drawn as the species they are.
Jadeghost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby E t e r n i t y » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:42 pm

I will definitely enter, your OCs are gorgeous! c:
E t e r n i t y

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CreamyLeather » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:43 pm

can I enter?
xxxImage
xx♥▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬♥
x Hello my name is CreamyLeather I joined
xthis website because it’s cute and amazing.
xxxxxxxxx Btw I am an artist too

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
xxxxxxxOh yeah
xand I love chihuahuas
xxxxxxxso much
xxxxxxxxx♥♥♥
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
xxCoding credit
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Chihuahua For Life! Viva La Chihuahua Warriors!
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Please Help My Dragons Grow By Clicking On Them
https://dragcave.net/user/CreamyLeather
CreamyLeather

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jadeghost » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:20 am

E t e r n i t y wrote:
I will definitely enter, your OCs are gorgeous! c:

Thanks, can't wait to see!

CreamyLeather wrote:can I enter?

yes, you have until May 1st!
Jadeghost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pluere » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:23 pm

aaA!! marking, this has got me so hype i love kaos and all i want is for him to be happy wow...,,,
╔═══---------------------------------═══╗
☁ PLU / CASEY ☁ HE / THEY / IT ☁​
TUMBLR​TOYHOU.SE
MY WISHLIST
PWYW ART/ART TRADES

╚═══════════════════════════╝
pluere

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes