The "How to Bid in & Run an Auction" Guide

Put your most valuable pets, items or C$ up for auction and see how high the bidding will go!

Re: The "How to Bid in & Run an Auction" Guide

Postby Kohaku » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:06 pm

Komi, I think we need to put something in there about being professional. As in not having conversations that have nothing to do with the auction on the thread. not only does it spam the thread but its irritating to the other entrants and I see a lot of auctioneers like that end up completely ignoring auction-related posts and going on waaaay past their apparent end date. You make the thread to auction pets, not make friends.
visit my hamsters for hamsters shop here!
Kohaku

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celestial » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:48 am

Wow, good job!
...................................................................................

...................................................................................
Celestial

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Razzle~ » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:11 pm

I love you! <3

Thanks to you, I have a very exiting auction with my Joker. At least 15 bids, and I started two or three days ago. <3
I'm very tempted.
so I haven't been on this site in like, forever, so I'm briefly back on to get rid of lots of my pets in exchange for art of my dog. Also if you do art and want pets send me a pm I'd love to work something out
You can contact me on my tumblr - @puppiesfortheblind - if I don't respond in a reasonable timeframe
~Razzle~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Reannat » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:43 am

Can I ask a question on this topic? If not let me know. This is my auction viewtopic.php?f=40&t=401075 did I do this right? which bid is better? Sorry this is my first time. Are the bids fair? I cant decide.

Thanks
Reannat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kohaku » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:19 am

reannat wrote:Can I ask a question on this topic? If not let me know. This is my auction viewtopic.php?f=40&t=401075 did I do this right? which bid is better? Sorry this is my first time. Are the bids fair? I cant decide.

Thanks

Well for the bids, you should see the "Is this a fair trade? thread." just search it if you've never seen it before, it's a very popular thread.
You'll definitely want to add an end date of some kind. if you have something coming up and you aren't sure, I would put something like "sometime next week, will update" and then as soon as you figure things out set an end date. people like those, you'll get more bids.
Also an auto is usually something very definite as in "such and such pet" or "such and such pet + one rare 09" or something like that. I would try to make yours less general. when people look to auto, they aren't looking to negotiate. in your case I would choose your favorite september 08 and then add a rare (but not incredibly) 09 and make that the auto. or if you were really looking for those store pets pick maybe one older one like an orange cerberus (which is worth your pet) and add on something much less rare like a late rare '09. You could also make the auto two later store pets. again, the fair trade thread would be a good place to ask for that.
I hope that helps you out. : )
visit my hamsters for hamsters shop here!
Kohaku

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vayu turbo » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:46 pm

thanks for making a guide
vayu turbo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby stanzathemanza » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:31 am

Thanks for this yummy guide, Hekomi!

Do you think this auction is set up fairly well? Pretty well? Or horribly? viewtopic.php?f=40&t=421039

Thank you for any advice.

EDIT: Perhaps you could add this guideline?

- Whenever you're online and see someone has made a new offer, add it as soon as possible. Putting it off can sometimes lead the bidder to believe that you aren't really paying attention to the auction.
I'm briefly back after 8 years! <3

22-yr-old punk. they/them
stanzathemanza

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HSoup » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:37 am

I hope everyone that holds an auction reads this and follows your guidelines, it will make bidding so much less frustrating. Particularly the part about keeping the first page updated with all the bids. Thank you for all the hard work put into this guide!. :D
★ Looking for Missed Outcomes ★

FR username: HSoup wrote:Dragons For Sale or Trade
HSoup

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pseudoscience » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:21 pm

Thank you for making the guide, hopefully this will help to clear out the Auctions forum! I haven't taken part in any auctions in months, because so many of them are messy, unprofessional, and never updated. ^___^

Now, all we have to do is hope that people stop putting completely ridiculous auto-wins in their auctions... I mean, how likely it is to get a SUNJEWEL for a yellow toxic? I do understand that everyone wants an auto-win, that makes them perfectly happy, but it doesn't hurt to be a bit more realistic. :/ Also, those people seem never to accept a fair offer for their pet, but rather want those absurd over-offering autos of theirs.
Last edited by Pseudoscience on Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

We only know light, because we know darkness.
So there will never be white.
Without some black.
Pseudoscience

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby stanzathemanza » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:06 am

Yeah. I mean, read the rares list guide to see what a fair autowin would be! The more effort/research you put into making your auction fair, readable, and appealing- the more offers you'll get.
I'm briefly back after 8 years! <3

22-yr-old punk. they/them
stanzathemanza

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me