apaurrrr Laboratorys quest to get pets in space

Make a topic here to show us a collection of your favorite pets from CS or other websites

apaurrrr Laboratorys quest to get pets in space

Postby catcatamelia » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:02 am

apapurrrr Laboratorys quest
pets in space

~-----~
note from catcatamelia
before you ask what is this quest to get pets in space? what would you mean by that? to explain i have to explain first the lore of my 'pets' so the lore idea behind them are that their all scientists working at a rather aloof apapurrrr lab, this is oviously a pun on a certain videogame series, but while writing i was like wait but what are they attempting to aim at,[b] and i had the idea about hey what if they were trying to build a colony in space,
so im seting myself a goal of reaching 500-1000 pets, every time i reach a certian milestone the closer i get to the goal of being in space when i reach a milestone i must write a short rp displaying their progress, i must give the pets a short bio & name them after things in science (like just a sentence about what they do and their personality, then a fact about what their named after, such as carbon its the 15th most abundant element in the Earth's crust? in other words there's a lot of it.)

(mods i dont know where to place this still, you should probably have a goals/lore/challenges board)
~-----~
(CURRENT EVENT)
"welcome to my lab, it appears you are interested in our space program, ahh yess a science close to my heart, i grew up in a space port i hope you know, we are aiming to get ourselves living on that little ball of glow in the night" as he spoke you walked past concept art of what life would look like on the moon, he had stooped talking for a second to abruptly turn down another corridor.
"you mean the moon" one of the other people that had joined you spoke up, to this carbon began talking again now with a slight tinge of annoyance on his voice.
"yes yes i was getting there, but the one problem we are a bit short on personel, and by a bit short i mean about 495 people off, oh stop looking so shocked we'll get there" he leads you to a door where he pushes it open, you never really took the time to look at carbon, he was an anthropomorphic like most creatures around him, he wore a buisness outfit and looked like some kind of cartoon character, you turned you attention to what was inside the room, siting inside is many creatures of every size "meet the team so far, ebonymy personal assistant" "before you ask, i am not a child im just vertically challenged" ebony who did look like a foal was siting by another horse, looking more interested in the other horse than the tour group "the person siting next to ebony is biotech, he does alot around here, and lastly.. wheres firework and hologram" the other horses shrugged, and returned to working, before a small brightly colored pony and a florescent puppy ran in crashing into things and running back out in like they were playing some kind of game "there was hologramandfireworks, our youngest team members and most ahem useless" "actually they are quite good for getting ideas" biotech said, now turning around to face the group "so ya' gonna help or not".

current team count
pets just beginning
54 pets, beginning focus
100 pets, space testing
300 pets, successful space travel, beginning building
500 pets, colony is built
???? pets, ??????????????????

current team members [updated 14/02/2018]
carbon, leader much like Adam savage from mythbusters and cave johnson from that videogame, cough cough portal, nammed after the element carbon that can take many forms, from dimonds to graphite
biotech, makes sure things are safe for organic lifeforms and works around a lot of the biology areas of science, named after biotech, or the study of living beings to make or develop products.
ebony, small assistant he is an adult, but is just really small, just named after a certain shade of the color black that is around the #282C34 color range
fireworks and hologram, why are they here again, their names are obviously references to scifi/colorful explosives.
Astronomy, he studies Astronomy "a natural science that studies celestial objects and phenomena" or in other simpler terms he studies space, hes a anxious little mouse and tries his best.
time, this optimistic little bird focuses towards theorizing the time it would take to get to the moon.
Tytonidaenamed after the owl family Tytonidae, the most well known of this owl family is the barn owl but it also has my personal favorite owl, the Australian masked owl, shes a brilliant griffon focused towards the idea that carbon had of building a habitat able to inhabit earths creatures and how she could make it possible.
plasma a fun-loving cat studying plasma and how it effects space, plasma is hard to describe its found almost everywhere the most common is in lightning.
galaxy galaxys goal is making sure everyone is safe on this trip to the moon shes very compassionate, named after a common occurrence where a cluster of stars that are gravitational bound to a area, usually focused around one large star.
Andromeda a independent cat who rather work alone but has to work with galaxy, Andromeda the name originates from a galaxythats the closest to the Milky Way its got one trillion stars thats a lotta stars.
Día de Muertos a daring little pony named after a celebration in Mexican countries to respect the many souls who had passed on, the name translates to English as "Day of the Dead" i still neeed to figure out what he does, any ideas?
reef one of the many creating simulated environments on the moon his studies focused towards creating lifelike beaches and reefs, interesting fact we have explored less than five percent of our worlds oceans.
woodwork creates furniture and sculptures to decorate the buildings on the moon rather foolishly ambitions.
mercury a shy horse who studies chemicals effects in space, the name originates from the element mercury a liquid metal as cool as that seems you should avoid handling it can be poisonous.
marrow he studies bones effects on space, y'know where there's no gravity and it could effect bone, hes named after a soft tissue found inside bones they produce blood cells and other important to mammals and birds.
Grey matter, a sensitive little pony who studies sciences about cells and spaces effect on it (like many others.) i was surprised while looking for names for these creatures i learned about something new Grey matter is a important part of out central nervous system containing many cells.
monochrome is a horse who designed many of the colonies buildings and layout, the name monochrome is an element found in art using a limited pallets, specifically two like black and white ect.
Pontia protodice, Battus philenor, Anthocharis cardamines, Limenitis arthemis astyanax, Eurytides marcellus and Pyronia tithonusare all named after different butterflies, in no orderthe Zebra Swallowtail,the Checkered White, the Pipevine Swallowtail, the Red-spotted Purpleand lastly Gatekeeper butterflys they all have the focus of creating the simulated habitats.
Peach fire a bold dog who creates lights for the city, named after peach tinted fire.
Rubellite, a imaginative butterfly dog who is interested about the possibility of finding gemstones on the moon, Rubellite is nammed after a red-blue ore, i honestly don't remember naming her.
pixels a rather charming dog who tinkers with technology around the lab and programs, named from what your staring at right now, pixels make up everything in technology screens, back in the day they could only get 12 pixels from gaming consoles and these pixels started to rise in numbers until we integrated to polygons in video gaming as flat videogames started to lose popularity, but pixels still remain everywhere we go throughout our days on the internet, be it a low quality PNG or just fanmade pixel art.
Magnetite a adventurous dog with his focus on power on the moon and iron, named after a magnetic element that attracts iron and is commonly mined for the iron ore.
sunrise a cheerful dog apart of the research towards making the moon feel more like home, named after the beautiful hours where the sky is painted in purples and oranges as the sun rises.

birch, ash, sapling, acaciaand cedar all named after tree types, i havent decided on their personality/ jobs yet and im not sure of including them.
kingsnake a rather idealistic horse who named after the king snake
Lavendera helpfull herbalist, lavender is named after a small-large flowering plant that has a calming scent to it. (note from catcatamelia. they used to grow around my old house and we used to use them to scent cars and our house it was also nice to run up to the bushes after i came home from school and just smell them)
Bird of Paradise
magmaa compassionate little bird who focuses her studies on how to warm the space colonies environments, named after magma lava that is found inside the earths core, when magma spills out of volcanoes is when its considered lava.
Lilium regale, Lilium auratum, two foolish and optimistic foxes they work around architecture, nammed after Lilium regale or the royal lilyand Lilium auratum or the 山百合 yamayuri; literally "mountain lily" according to wikipedia.
atmosphere a fox whos main goal is to design the rockets to get everyone to the moon in the first place.
Astronomy, Hydra, Orion, [url]leo[/url],=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/viewpet.php?id=257887430 leo minor lab rats persay they are the pepole who test everything, they are going to be the first to set up on the moon.

art
none yet
chapters
]none yet

references, Wikipedia, NASA, BBC nature, gardens with wings, space.com, random books i read throughout my childhood, my own knowledge, i may not be 100% on some of these facts please correct me if any are incorrect.
Last edited by catcatamelia on Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:03 am, edited 4 times in total.
apapurrrr Laboratory
'"hello! welcome to this great facility of science, apapuur labs, now you may ask me Carbon why is there talking animals walking around like humans? now that is a long story.. remind me later, now in these labs we specialize in puuurtal guns, space, and cat puns."
join us in our challenge to get to space?
catcatamelia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: apaurrrr Laboratorys quest to get pets in space

Postby catcatamelia » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:35 pm

added more pets
apapurrrr Laboratory
'"hello! welcome to this great facility of science, apapuur labs, now you may ask me Carbon why is there talking animals walking around like humans? now that is a long story.. remind me later, now in these labs we specialize in puuurtal guns, space, and cat puns."
catcatamelia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: apaurrrr Laboratorys quest to get pets in space

Postby catcatamelia » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:53 am

current event!
i hope you all have been having a good valentines day, the lab is abuzz with recent breakthoughs and with chocolate hearts.
ImageImageImage
plasma and carbon have been preparing cupcakes all day, but they don't know what flavors to make them whats you favorite kind of cupcake?
note, there are new duplicate pets that are open for trade and more coming soon, and there are pets that are unnamed? do you have any ideas
(hey guys! ive wanted to interact with the community for a while these events are experiments to hopefully do that)
apapurrrr Laboratory
catcatamelia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me