✾ α ℓเттℓє ραгα∂เรє ∫ §~ѕραяяσωƒєαтнєя~§'s Viscets

Make a topic here to show us a collection of your favorite pets from CS or other websites

✾ α ℓเттℓє ραгα∂เรє ∫ §~ѕραяяσωƒєαтнєя~§'s Viscets

Postby §~ѕραяяσωƒєαтнєя~§ » Wed May 04, 2016 4:23 pm

Viscets are an adoptable species owned by Soulsplosion. The link above takes you to the official page. If you mark the thread, please say I referred you. Thank you! <3

- ๑ - ๑ - ๑ - ๑ - ๑ - ๑ - ๑ - ๑ - ๑ - ๑ - ๑ - ๑ - ๑ - ๑ - ๑ - ๑ - ๑ -

Welcome! This is a place to keep and organize my beloved viscets, so that I can easily access them and elaborate on their personalities. Please do not post! Thank you! <3

- ๑ - ๑ - ๑ - ๑ - ๑ - ๑ - ๑ - ๑ - ๑ - ๑ - ๑ -

- ๑ - ๑ - ๑ - ๑ - ๑ - ๑ - ๑ - ๑ - ๑ - ๑ - ๑ -
Last edited by §~ѕραяяσωƒєαтнєя~§ on Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

╔═════════════════╗
Take a chance and
follow your heart

м ץxν เ ร ς є т ร
╚════════════════╝

§~ѕραяяσωƒєαтнєя~§

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✾ L a u r e l

Postby §~ѕραяяσωƒєαтнєя~§ » Wed May 04, 2016 4:28 pm

Name -- Laurel

Gender -- Female

Family -- ...

Mate -- None

Breedings -- 0

Children -- None

Personality -- Laurel is an outgoing, carefree, creative, and music-loving viscet - but that is if you get to know her. First impressions aren't usually that impressive. To strangers, she appears to be a tough, stubborn, stand-offish, and no-nonsense viscet. While all of those traits are valid, they don't represent her true colors. Maybe it is a little difficult to create a relationship with her, but once it has been established, her loyalty and all of her positive traits show. She never means to hurt others, but rather desires to repel those who would cause trouble in her life. In a way, that hard outer shell protects her, acting as a defense mechanism. When she was younger she let a lot of troubled viscets into her life that dragged her self-esteem down. These viscets made her feel depressed, wreaked havoc in her life, caused her to do unthinkable things she would have never done, ruined everything she had had; they did this so obscurely that they seemed like normal friends for a while. Once she healed and broke off the ties to those friends, her outlook on life and her performance in life improved. She decided to become more responsible for what she did, and embrace whoever valued friendship over those who did not care.

Music -- Laurel is amongst the crowd of those who love and adore music. To her, the best music is one that inspires someone deep down and makes them feel like they never felt before. Most of the connections she makes are to rock songs; Laurel enjoys that genre the most. She's open to a little pop, contemporary, or other music, but rock hits home for her. Her preference actually leans more towards alternative, as that's the category for a lot of her favorite bands, such as Paramore or Coldplay. She still maintains a deep respect for other categories of rock, and she even likes some older bands, like Green Day.

Current* Favorite Song -- Birds by Coldplay

Though the song might seem more in the pop category, Laurel loves the fact that the band is trying different style so that they don't sound too similar to most of their previous works. The colorful tune of this song is what captivates her the most.

*Her favorite songs fluctuate. Sometimes they drift to older songs and sometimes they are more current ones.

T h e xx P e n d a n t
A star

There are several virtues that a star represents, and that is exactly why Laurel keeps it close to her. It could be a reminder of how she emerged from that dark period in her life, or it could be encouragement to keep going. The reasons behind the simple symbol can vary and change. No matter what, she can always hold the symbol close and use it for what she needs it for. It's like a blank canvas, one that erases itself at any time when the purpose for the symbolism changes or reverts back to an old one. That's the beauty of the star - the meanings can change but the pendant never has to.

Artwork:
wip
Last edited by §~ѕραяяσωƒєαтнєя~§ on Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

╔═════════════════╗
Take a chance and
follow your heart

м ץxν เ ร ς є т ร
╚════════════════╝

§~ѕραяяσωƒєαтнєя~§

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✾ C a l y x

Postby §~ѕραяяσωƒєαтнєя~§ » Wed May 04, 2016 4:31 pm

Into the depths,
Never to return,
Time fades to black,
As I watch it burn.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxName; Calyx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxGender; Male

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Imagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxx Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxx Dangling from the chain is a double infinity pendant,
xxxxxxxxxxxxx black in color, and matte. The black paint has chipped
xxxxxxxxxxxxx off in a few places, exposing the metal underneath.
xxxxxxxxxxxxx The positioning of one infinity is slightly offset from
xxxxxxxxxxxxx the other, indicating that perhaps the pendant did
xxxxxxxxxxxxx not originally contain both infinities.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

When Calyx was just a viscling, his parents disappeared. So, Calyx had to live and grow up with his sister, Zaira. Together, the two would travel in search of food and a place to stay for a night. They always searched for their parents while they travelled, but their desperation decreased over time, until eventually they were certain that their parents were dead or did not wish to be reunited with their children. Calyx was the first one to give in, convincing his sister that he believed they should stop searching for their parents. Eventually, the stubborn female agreed with him. However, they continued to travel, hoping to find somewhere they could call home. The two viscets made the best of their time whenever travelling, and Calyx always tried to lighten the mood when his serious sister felt down. One night, he and Zaira stopped to rest in a town. They came across a pile of scrap metal on their way to find shelter, where Zaira found two pieces of metal, shaped into infinities. They each decided to take one, as a symbol of their closeness. Without each other, they might not have been able to survive on their own. However, as time went on, both encountered more dangers on their journeys. Sadly, one accident fatally wounded Zaira and devastated Calyx. So he took both infinities and attached one to the other, a reminder of his sister. He believes she wants him to remain strong and carry on.
[ 248 words ]

Peering around a long-needled pine, a female viscet peered around for any sign of movement. The air was cool and damp; mist was forming over the roads and increasing the moisture. A soft drizzle accompanied the mist, dampening the roads even more.

"Coast is clear," the viscet muttered to another viscet behind her. He nodded and took a deep breath. "Still, be careful Zaira. I do not want you to get captured or injured." A smirk flickered across her face for a second, and then she turned away with a huff. Her retort came swiftly: "Oh please, Calyx, you know I can take care of myself."

She stole another peek around the boughs and tentatively stepped out into the clearing. The road before her was silent, except for the soft pattering of rain. Zaira inhaled, making sure there was no alarming scent, and then briskly made her way towards the road. The male, Calyx, watched with ears alert. Once she confidently strode towards the road, he dashed out to follow her.

Calyx was always ready to defend her if there was danger, but he never wanted to let on that he was so protective, especially since Zaira was a tough viscet who was sure she could handle challenging situations.

They crossed the quiet road and skirted the edges of the town, trying to pinpoint a safe location they could enter and explore for food or shelter. The tendrils of twilight were creeping in, turning the sky to a deep gray-blue. Since the sheets of mist had lowered themselves and had become dense, they too were grayish-blue from a distance.

"This is the perfect weather to disguise us," Zaira whispered to Calyx, and darted ahead. Small lights from nearby buildings shone through the fog, though they were quite useless against its gloom. Calyx ran after her, until they reached a small shed. "This might do," he remarked as she inspected each side. Her attention travelled to something glimmering a short distance away.

In the area, there was one light, and it was just strong enough to cast its reflection onto a few piles that were nearby. Both viscets curiously approached the piles, and before their eyes were mounds of scrap metal. Zaira perked up immediately. "Just think about how useful sharp pieces of metal could be! We'll have improved weapons!" She started digging through the pile, pulling out rods or long, sharp pieces of metal that she thought would best fit her standards of weapons. Calyx moved slowly through another pile. Most of the metal wasn't sharp enough or the right shape, but he managed to find a couple pieces to his liking.

When he returned, Zaira was cleaning up her pile of possible weapons; she had selected a few pieces and now she was putting the rest back. As soon as she saw her brother, her expression changed into a bright smile. It was one of the most lovely expressions Calyx had ever seen on his sister. What came next, however, practically melted his heart. It was the sweetest thing she had ever said to him.

She picked up a couple pieces of metal, both shaped into infinities, and announced, "You know something, Calyx? I love you infinity times infinity."

[ 540 words ]
[ please note that Zaira is fictional ]

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCalyx & Zaira: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxBleeding Out - Imagine Dragonsxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCharacteristics:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxPersistent
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxIndifferent
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxTough
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCunning
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxWary
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxLoyal
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSkeptical

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Headshot by DemonicSoul. Everything else by me.

"I love you,
infinity times infinity"

Extras word count (includes the poem, the story, etc.): 599/600

Original Adopt—Image

Artwork:
Beautiful headshot by DemonicSoul <3

Bust by me

Both lovely pieces by Levi <3
Last edited by §~ѕραяяσωƒєαтнєя~§ on Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

╔═════════════════╗
Take a chance and
follow your heart

м ץxν เ ร ς є т ร
╚════════════════╝

§~ѕραяяσωƒєαтнєя~§

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✾ R e h e m a

Postby §~ѕραяяσωƒєαтнєя~§ » Wed May 04, 2016 4:33 pm

"Every community requires a caregiver in addition to an overseer, and it is the caregiver's job to understand the needs of that community and answer its cries for help."

Username;; §~ѕραяяσωƒєαтнєя~§
Name;; Rehema [Egyptian name meaning compassionate]
Gender;; Female
Position/Occupation;; High Priestess/Healer
Favorite song;; The Lamentations of Isis -- Ali Jihad Racy; it is a good representation of her culture. She also enjoys the cadence of the Egyptian flute, which is the instrument she plays.

━━━━━━━━━━
xxxxxxxxxxxxxImage
Personality;; Noble Egyptian females are permitted to wear elegant headdresses, and Rehema is one demonstration of this component of her culture. Though her outward appearances speak "respect me" – indicated by her attire and the way she carries herself – her inward feelings are not so. She only desires to be a humble healer who tends to and serves her community, not someone whose presence causes others to bow down before her. Rehema is unpretentious, and she must conceal the discomfort she feels every time others dip their heads in utter respect or announce her name. She chastises herself for any luxury she receives, and she will go as far as to debate with herself about how easily she received her position. Of course, she never discloses those thoughts due to her love for her occupation. As she was the daughter of the Pharaoh, it was not so difficult to acquire the position of High Priestess. However, Rehema almost wishes it was a challenge that she had worked towards in order to achieve her goal. That is how Rehema is - she always makes her life situations more complicated or more difficult than they should be in the name of fairness. [198 words]

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Hobbies;;

Stargazing -- "When I am not occupied at night, I find myself drawn to the map of stars in the sky like an explorer desiring an adventure. It is not just a fascination, however. For a while now I have been keeping a journal about the placement of the objects of the night sky. I'm not sure what force led me to do so, but for now I am content with sketching the illuminated night sky. Perhaps one day I can rationalize something from my sketches."

Healing -- "Yes, it is more than an occupation. Even between healing rituals and duties, you can find me reading the ancient manuscripts about healing techniques. Lately I have been interested in the uses of exotic herbs. As you can see, when it comes to healing, it is not just an action I perform as part of my duties. There is a rich history behind it, and still new discoveries are being made."

Snakes -- "It is more of a pleasure than a hobby. I am allured by the symbols of snakes in my culture, especially cobras, and I like to wear any clothing or jewelry with snakes on it as often as possible. It may seem to contradict my belief in healing - after all, snakes can poison the body. However, recent discoveries in healing have found that sometimes the toxin produced by snakes can be used to rid of other toxins in the body."

Playing the flute -- "When I was younger and my father insisted I learn about the music history of our culture as well as other cultural components, I admit I was hesitant to that idea. At first, I complained that I had so much to learn that I would not have time for the things that did not interest me. Back then, I had not yet discovered that I wanted to be a healer, but I did want to serve my community. I thought that my occupation would not require an instrument. Yet, as I started to learn about healing, my interest in music arose. Priestesses often are musicians and dancers, which partly contributed to my interest. It was a need that I had to fulfill if I wanted to become a priestess. I will not deny that my interest rose because it was required, but I will not say it was fully due to that either. Hearing the beautiful music in the temple also inspired me to learn music history. Eventually, I learned about and decided I wanted to play the Egyptian flute. It was an adjustment at first, but I eventually attained a high level of skill, and finally I was able to do what I had wanted since the day I learned about flutes. I could create my own tunes to play on my flute."

A New Horizon

A cascade of water fell from the sky, soaking the clay and sand earth that captured it thirstily. Rehema darted outside for a moment, and then she returned to the inner space of the temple. "Praise the Gods! They have bestowed rain upon us!" She declared. All around, priests, priestesses, and several other servants were scattered in their search for basins. Water was needed for offerings to the Gods, including the God Nun. It was also a sign of gratitude; since the Gods had given them rain, they wished to give back a small amount of it to show to the Gods their good work and as hope for more in the near future. Rehema grabbed her cloak and stepped outside, her eyes shining in admiration. They had not seen rain in several months; it was surely a blessing.

The viscets of the city near the foot of the temple were emerging from their houses, clutching vases in their paws. They placed vases and bowls on the ground or a flat high place to collect the rain. In addition, one member of each family brought a basin and set it on the steps of the temple. Those basins would be used in their personal offerings to the Gods.

Rehema, as she was the High Priestess, stood erect on the highest step of the temple. "People of Tanis,* the Gods have sent us a great blessing! On the eve of this day of rain, we will include this rain water in our offerings to the Gods!" Her voice echoed loudly throughout the entire vicinity as all of the people bowed their heads and broke into a chant. As the chant was finishing, she wove her way through the crowd until she was at the back of it. They turned to face her. "Anyone who desires the healing powers I have to offer, please come with me. I will restore the light to your souls and relieve your burden." A handful from the crowd stepped forwards. "Follow me into the temple," She addressed them with gentleness in her tone.

By now, the crowd was disassembling and returning to their homes. Rehema pulled her cloak around her shoulders more, entering the temple with the group of citizens shortly behind her. Several servants bowed their heads, and the oracle, who brushed past her, murmured, "Greetings Rehema, daughter of the great Pharaoh." With her back turned, the others could not see her expression as they passed the oracle. Her head was still regal as it always was with the public, but her eyes were dark - and so was her expression. I do not wish to be looked at as a noble, but a servant to the community. Her jaw set firmly, Rehema made her way towards the back of the temple.

- - -Image- - -

Several hours later, after many incantations and prayers to the Gods for healing powers had finished, the sky was beginning to darken. The steady rhythm of the rain ceased to the occasional drip of water. A soft melody wound its way through the pillars that supported the temple. Rehema slipped quietly to one side of a large room, eyes bright as she swayed to the tune. Its source was a handful of priestesses, each with an instrument. One held a harp and another held a lyre; each produced a lulling tune, gentle and soft. Accompanying the stringed instruments was a small set of drums, which gave the song an enchanting and exotic cadence, and a flute, which carried the high notes of the melody. The tune of the song matched the tempo of the rain, and its calming aura seemed to recreate nature’s rain-song into something new and more captivating. Rehema picked up her flute to enter the song, giving the melody some harmonious notes.

When the Pharaoh elegantly strode in, everyone put their instruments down and bowed their heads. “I despise interrupting such a divine song, but I must request that the High Priestess join me,” He stated, already waiting for Rehema to fall in step beside him. She hesitantly walked towards him, and followed his lead. Her movements echoed his, and the only difference was that she was slightly shorter than him.

“You requested me, Nesu?”** The female viscet inquired, her voice quivering. It was not fear that caused her voice to shake, it was anxiety. After all, keeping up with the rituals and healing took a large amount of effort, and she was not sure if he wanted her to perform more work.

“Yes, my blessed daughter. The oracle wishes to speak with you. She has a prophecy meant for the both of us, and I have discussed it with her already.” He paused for a second, allowing Rehema to absorb the new information. Then, he muttered, “Soon it will be time for you to perform your periodical ritual to Amun.” With a swift turn, he walked away from her, his robes rippling as he moved. She stared after him until his silhouette vanished.

Taking a deep breath, she sauntered through the great room of the temple until she came upon the healing pool of the temple, resembling the Nu, or the cosmic waters. It was those waters that every new priest or priestess bathed in so that they could receive the blessings of the God Nun.

Sitting patiently at the edge of the crystal clear pool was the oracle, her eyes downcast. As Rehema approached, she straightened, got to her paws, and bowed. “You know that I dislike that,” Rehema muttered. “Indeed, but I am required to do so,” the oracle responded evenly. “Come. There is something I must show you.”

With flowing strides, the Oracle led Rehema to the steps outside the temple. Above them, the night sky stretched endlessly. The clouds from the rain had dissipated, leaving the clear sky full of bright, tiny pinpricks of light.

“Something new is about to enter our lives.” The oracle gazed at her as she spoke. “A new era is dawning, and change is upon us.” A spark of slight defiance and skepticism ignited in Rehema’s eyes. “How can you be so sure? Your prophecies are accurate, yes, but usually you do not speak of change in such a general tone. If there is change, the Gods send us some sort of message we must interpret that specifies what that change is referring to.” She gazed at the other viscet, curiously awaiting an answer. The oracle stared out at the sky for what seemed like hours before finally replying, “Yes they do. They tell us if a plague is on the way, or famine, or some illness. This is different. This is not a matter of health, hunger, or bloodshed. It is a matter of the unknown.”

“What exactly do you mean by unknown? Are you saying we are about to encounter a challenge we have never faced before?”

“In a sense, that is correct. We have never dealt with the matters we will face soon.”

“Have the Gods foretold what that may be?”

“It is indicated that foreigners will be journeying through our land, and change the landscape we have now. Something new is about to be born.” With a sigh, the oracle departed from Rehema’s side and returned to her secluded room in the temple.

Rehema focused on the small jewels of light in the darkness, trying to trace the patterns she saw in the starry sky with her eyes. All of the while the thought of the foreigners arriving occupied the remainder of her mind. At first, she was indignant, as they could impact the land – her land – in a damaging way. However, she wondered if these foreigners might bring something beneficial to her country. Perhaps life as she knew it would change, as augured by the oracle and the Gods, but maybe that change would advance hers and her people’s lifestyle.

--

[1315 words]

* The places that the royal family would live in varied in ancient Egypt, as the capitals varied during different time periods. Tanis was one of those capitals, located along the coast of the Mediterranean.

** Please note that the ancient Egyptians did not refer to their king as “Pharaoh.” Pharaoh was thought to be derived from the Greeks and Hebrews. Instead, they called him or her (in ancient Egypt the same name was used for male and female rulers of Egypt) various names. A common name for their king was “Nesu.”

*** All other characters in this story are fictional

Credit

-Me for the art, header, coding, and all of the writing in this form
-RoseCabriolet for designing the lovely brushes I downloaded and used throughout this form <3

"When I was younger, I made up my mind that I would contribute to the community somehow, and in a different way than my father. That is when I decided they needed a caregiver. I am that caregiver."

Artwork:
Headshot of Rehema with thyme by me.

A statue version of Rehema by Apricus <3

An extraordinary piece by Apricus <3
Last edited by §~ѕραяяσωƒєαтнєя~§ on Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

╔═════════════════╗
Take a chance and
follow your heart

м ץxν เ ร ς є т ร
╚════════════════╝

§~ѕραяяσωƒєαтнєя~§

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ✾ C e l a e n o (wip still)

Postby §~ѕραяяσωƒєαтнєя~§ » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:33 pm

Name -- Celaeno

Name Meaning -- "The Dark One"

Gender -- Female

Family -- ...

Mate -- None

Breedings -- 0

Children -- None

Personality – With her shy aura, Celaeno seems to be perfectly innocent. Her demeanor is gentle and soft-spoken, and although she may be initially shy, she always warms up to others after an introduction. Also, along with her warmth comes her "flaws," such as her "clumsiness." Throughout these layers of her personality seems to be only sweetness, but it's all a lie. This act of hers allows her to assess others and determine their weaknesses. Behind the curtains, she possesses a dark core. There is a need to make others suffer deep down, but she masks it well. In fact, she enjoys playing her little game - that's what hurts her the worst in her few "lucid" moments. The craving to do despicable things occasionally awakens a sincere and guilty side of her, and sometimes when she's alone, she regrets her true personality. Still, she will eventually lapse back into her normal self, and any attempts to try and stay away from others always fail. You could call it an identity crisis, but it's also a conflict within her.

Etc...

Artwork:
wip

╔═════════════════╗
Take a chance and
follow your heart

м ץxν เ ร ς є т ร
╚════════════════╝

§~ѕραяяσωƒєαтнєя~§

My pets
My items
My wishlist