Character Adoption Addicts Anonymous v.26 Summer Event

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Character Adoption Addicts Anonymous v.26 -Rule Change p

Postby HP Fan » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:32 am

alright so dazifly on da is the best friend anyone could ask for and she made me this amazing ref of a dog i know irl. he’s trained as a service dog and owned by a dean at my school, and i get to take him to like four of my classes and it’s amazing.
    honestly, i’ve always felt it was weird to have a character of a pet i own (i have a dog and two cats myself), but i won’t be seeing bo anymore come may and i’m gonna miss this dog more than i’ll miss most of the people here.
    pictures of the actual goof

also, i got my dream kia! i renamed him jeremy, because i’ve been in a bonnie and clyde kick and the actor that plays clyde is named jeremy jordan. tbh, the personality of this kid will also prob be based on the musical’s clyde without the murder and robbery pft.
    art and design by lyresandharps

i’d really like to get art of these kids (+also of ari lol)
    i don’t have points of usd but i have cs pets and characters for offer maybe, pm me examples!

also speaking of points and usd, i had to borrow cash from a friend rip. so, selling characters to pay them back!
    characters here! (more than previously offered)
    looking for points or usd, note me on da (@aswonder)

@cacticat good luck selling!
    @unfunny congrats on all the new characters!
    @shiverice good luck to you too c:
    @pineopossum man as soon as i get funds i wanna color ins of your lines, your art is so cute heck
daredevil has been my life for the past year and a half. please watch it, you wont regret it.

HP Fan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tennisbutt » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:48 am

hey guys!!! lots has happened since I last posted hehe I've started to expand the family of my beloved Oliver and Callisto!!

by Tacowi - click on image for their story/info

and Fewtish on deviantart came through with their first puppo!!! I love him so much and I'll be making the image in a ref with name etc on but for now here he is:

ALSO also Colonels-Corner's VDay sale I managed to nab my all time dream character Dune the bear based of the sleeping bear dunes of michigan!!! I can't be more in love

PS I'm still purging all characters here as I need to trim down but hit me up with offers!!

@HP Fan: dude I adore lyresandharps designs and that bab is the perfect design - the constellations and colours and everything ahhhh congrats!!
@Pastel-Cake: I love Acel the floof and I've missed seeing him round!!! The art is so gorgeous too I've always loved your art too ahah
@CactiCat: what a beautiful blinky pixel o: I wish I could animate the blink is soooooo smooth
@everyone selling: good luck to you all <3

[avatar by bullserk @ dA]
[art by minksplash and sketchi]

my deviantart

my characters

tennisbutt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kat » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:08 pm

@tennisbutt: Aw, I love the new pup you've gotten! It's so cool that you're expanding Oliver and Callisto's family! I also really adore your new bear oc. I've visited the Sleeping Bear Dunes before. Beautiful place. ^^
@HP Fan: Congratulations of the new reference for your new character! What a precious dog. He seems like a very special guy and it's cool that you've been able to make him into a character. Also, congratulations on the kia!
@Pastel-Cake: Oh, wow. Your artwork is stunning!
@~HistoricMystery~: Best of luck with the sales!
@minizerkah: Welcome! Cal is lovely. <3
@CactiCat: That's a really awesome blinking pixel! Well done! o:
@UnFunny: Cute characters! I really like the grey and blue one.
@Takumi: I'm sorry that you're feeling bad. I totally feel ya with the vent art thing, though. I tend to like my vent art more than my usual art, even though I spend significantly less time on my vents. I love that little icon that you made, though. It's really neat!
@Shiverice: Best of luck with the sales!

Just have some art and a new character to show. ;v;

I got these adorable "super chubs" from Rainbowpanda101 of Clover and Boar.

I also doodled a quick headshot for one of my newest ocs, Loptr.

Aaaand also bought this this dude recently. Artwork by KyoBun.

Do you draw vent art of your characters? If so, is it usually your fursonas, or do you have a vent character?
Yep. The headshot that I just posted was some good ol' vent art. I don't have a spesific vent character or anything like that. I just vent with whatever character I feel like venting with at the time. The most recent case being of one of my newest ocs.

Do you have any characters with magical/supernatural abilities? Do you prefer characters with or without these abilities?
Not really! Some of my human characters have "abilities", but they aren't supernatural or magical in any way. They're primarily just technologically advanced. I have nothing against magic-using characters, though. I just tend to find that their designs (which are usually some sort of demon/angel/elf type beings) aren't something that would fit in with my other more cyber-punk type characters.

What is one of your pet peeves as a character owner/artist/designer? What do you think is a solution to the problem?
Oh, boy. Probably my biggest pet peeve is when people claim that your art is overpriced when you're not even asking for real money. Like, if you're an artist drawing for CS pets and someone still claims that a few rares is too much for something that takes you around 8 hours... dude. No. It also bugs me when people act like their offer of a few dollars in RL money is totally reasonable for a highly detailed painting, just because it's real-life cash so therefore it must be treated like gold? I don't understand it. ;; I also had someone just yesterday ask me on DA if I would design and draw a character for them if they gave me a list of ideas that they had in mind for the character. When I asked if they were wanting to commission me, they replied yes, but that they couldn't pay me anything for my work. Ouch. I couldn't imagine just asking someone for free art, and especially if I didn't even know that person.

Have you ever sold a character(s) and regretted it? How did you try to to cope/fix the mistake? Did it change your perspective on selling/trading/etc characters?
Thankfully, no. I haven't. That's because I've never sold any of my characters, though. I'm very careful to only buy characters who really inspire me/feel an immediate connection with or seem like they'd be a load of fun to draw. So, I've not yet had to do any character purges or make any difficult decisions like that. I can totally imagine how stressful that sort of situation would be, though.
Kat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby steamplonk » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:08 am

howdy folks! i found a character i absolutely love nd i need cash for em asap
i have characters for sale here
and i have commissions open for usd!
please contact me on deviantart if you're interested :)

also, i have some art that i made to show off!

all by me ^^

@kat- oh, those are so cute!! i love your characters, that kid by kyobun is adorable :0
@tennisbutt- !! oliver and callisto are so cute together!! and those new characters are stunning, you have really great tastes :0
@HP fan- aww bo is so cute! i'm really sorry he's no longer going to be with you.
quittin'
blease don't msg me asking for stuff
tysm
steamplonk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tyrant001 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:45 am

@steamplonk I absolutely adore your art so much, I ordered some art from you for Christmas and was 100% pleased! Good luck with your sales and thanks for sharing your art!
@Kat Wow that headshot is incredible, I adore the perspective on it ;w;
@tennisbutt Hnnng that character is so pretty and unique, congratulations! I'm not big on bears but I adore that one hhh the colors are beautiful
@HPFan Congrats on the new Kia!! I'm a sucker for star/constellation patterns tbh ;w;

I got an insane amount of art from my partners for Valentine's Day, here's a couple of my favorites:
By n3bby
By I-Am-Poisoned

I also started working on my Toyhouse again, with some amazing and much needed help from my wife. I am conducting sales here and offers here! Feel free to PM me on here, TH, or at my DA for sales or questions!

𝙷𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚒𝚋𝚊𝚕
💚
💜 💛 ❤️
Stream The Dream Eaters, stan Alan Wake
Tyrant001

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby whispbear » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:15 am

so my lunari species is finally starting!! first 2 adopts open, plus a link to the main thread. looking for artists, please PM me with examples!
ImageImage

@Bucky Barnes that piece by n3bby is super creepy o:
@steamplonk i really love the restricted background in the first art you did!!
@Kat your headshot is really adorable, i love the colours of the oc too, can't go wrong with greys and one stand out colour!

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

hello i'm Bee
or whispbear

you can find me
on deviantArt

here's my
toyhou.se

and this is my
art shop/wip

whispbear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Boghound » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:36 pm

@whispbear - Aww what a cute species! Wish I could still use oekaki they'd be fun to guest design for!
@My sweet husband love of my life - GOD that piece of art by Michael is so good?? And I adore tht piece of Ghost but you knew that already LOL. Good luck selling your kids, baby. <33
@steamplonk - That art is so gorgeous, gosh. Best of luck selling!
@Kat - Oh wow I love tht headshot of yours... gorgeous!
@tennisbutt - GOD Dune is SO beautiful. I'm forever jealous.
@HP Fan - What an absolutely wonderful tribute to such a good dog. (-: Jeremy's gorgeous too!

Grabbed a new kid! This is Liebchen; designed by JessiRenee on dA.

I also got some awesome art of my fursona, Em!
by Treeiights; I then tracked down the shirt (which was on SALE) and bought it dgljk

by Fawniti on Furvilla. She's being abducted back home, lol.

-
-
-
-
✦✦✦

elijah/eli. they/him. adult. severely mentally ill.
open to dms if you need to chat for whatever reason!
currently in my warriors era.

🫁

✦✦✦

Boghound

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pinkapillar » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:54 pm

Ahhh so many new characters I'm super hype!!
    Finally had my myo done!
    My gender neutral arcade inspired bab ;w; their name is Atari and they were designed by irina here on cs!! Imma make them super 80s and aesthetic!

I also got another pacapillar and he is so cute ;w ; I believe I'll be getting another one here soon as well...I've really fallen for this species (art by me)

@ Emh The shirt your sona is adorable, like I really need that shirt! thats amazing you got it hehe...anyways I really think the shirt fits Em!!
    @ whispbear omg that species is adorable!! I'll take a look at the open ones!!
    @ Bucky Barnes holy moly that first piece of art is stunning!! Super interesting ^w ^
    @ steamplonk super nice art!! your style is ahh too cute ;w; I love pics that look like screen caps from shows !!
Pinkapillar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Glass Doe » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:07 pm

https://patchworkpets.deviantart.com/
Starting these cute little guys up
Feel free to watch/join the group to stay up to date with developments!

@Blue Android cute kalon!
@whispbear i should really look into lunari more. its a beautiful species
@Bucky Barnes that first art piece you posted is intenseeeee
No matter who you are,
what you look like, or where you're from...
You deserve love & acceptance
just like anyone else!

-Michigan-
The Glass Doe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cup of cocoa » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:25 pm

I have a lot of old adopts that I would like to sell on my adopt account for points here! I will also take the PayPal equivalent for them (0.01 cent = 1 point), but please note me on deviantArt if using that method of payment.

I also need to clean out my characters; they are Offer to Adopt for points or the PayPal equivalent here.

I am selling headshot YCHs, if you're interested please check out my commission journal! They are 30 points/30 cents in PayPal each.

I got this art of Silverr which I am absolutely in love with. <3 It is honestly the best art piece I have ever received.

Art done by https://teliwis.deviantart.com/

@Marilu.; Very cute, good luck with it!
@tennisbutt; I love that art of Oliver and Callisto!
@HP Fan; I like that kia's design

PokeFarm Q account
I stream at twitch.tv/cuppofcocoa !
hullo! I am cocoa. I am more active
on PokeFarm Q, so feel free to contact
me there if you need anything c:
{ join and get 1 free rare OR 20 C$! } | { trading pets + C$ for PFQ }
{ cs shop + looking for 2014 halloween foxes } | { avatar credit }
cup of cocoa

My pets
My items
My wishlist