Character Adoption Addicts Anonymous v.26 Summer Event

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Character Adoption Addicts Anonymous v.26

Postby Pinkapillar » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:40 pm

New thread!
    I still have some characters for sale, I added a ton cuz I realized they were just collecting dust. I'm looking for USD, POINTS, or VR PETS AND UP! Click here!

I don't really know what I have shown and what I havent but I got a lot of new children:
    Kaz by Alaskie!

Hospice by Lqvender

Atlas by vinylglam

Dante by SAVCHENK0

aaaand my new dnd character! Dove by Vinylglam

I'm so excited to develop them further...
    JMDs still has an adopt up btw! SO pretty-->XXX

Surprisingly enough I actually made some art I really like
    by me! My three bbs!
    ----
    @ ki-neko animura good luck selling!! <3 I love Harper so pretty ;w;
    @ Shatterhowl I have the same probably where I feel the need to create more characters than I have time for. What I found that really helps is moving characters I still love, but might not have a strong connection to anymore/they never get art into a retired folder. That way I can still have them but I don't feel pressured to get them art! I use to not understand why people had folders like that but recently it has totally made sense.
    @ L0TUS Ahhh that little goat charrie is so cute!! I too have a goat character and I honestly don't think they get enough love!
    @Squalo I adore your ac lines. If I had points I would totally buy a ton of them ;w; I recently did a piece of my fursona if he was an animal crossing character! Such a cute idea!
    @leverage congrats on the AMAZING art omg I love that first child, so pretty Yw Y

Pinkapillar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby QueenNyra » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:50 pm

--- Long post ahead ---

Aaah i smell a new thread!

______________________________Art______________________________

First o all i would like to show you some of the wonderful art i got for my secret santa!
I won't post all of it right now since it's a lot but i love every piece of it and will show them off soon!
by treeiights
by Vibranium
by treeiights
by mooskid
by treeiights

Also some art i did myself:
I hope anthro art like this is fine? Fur everywhere!

______________________________Answers______________________________

How do you go about designing characters? What do you start with? Colors, a personality?
A personality! I often create characters in games or in my personal book that don't have a visual design until i think of a solid backstory and personality. Fitting to that i choose colors that harmonize with the emotions the Character is supposed to make you feel or the one they are feeling.

What's your favorite name for a character you've ever seen? (Yours, or someone else's)
I really like mythical names but my personal favorite is still Nyra <3

______________________________Comments______________________________

@Discordia:
super cute art! I have a lot of problems with drawing characters from the back urg
@leverage: aah i love the art you got from treeiights! The style is sooo refreshing
@shatterhowl: every time i see you art i am totally amazed! The shadow and the light in here are just perfect!
@blue android: Aww your new characters are super cute! I love the raccoon the most :D Also your art is super nice keep working on that!

______________________________Advertisement______________________________

Nyra | She/ Her | German & English | Artist
QueenNyra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sheepuns » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:35 pm

Man, I haven't been here much, but my little break during 2017 was needed! Now I'm much more content with my ocs, so I can't wait to start posting here now!

I've noticed some people are looking for warrior cats designs, and recently, with my new lineart, I made some designs! They even have personalities with them! It's an offer to adopt that ends January 6, and you can offer art, character trades, points, or USD! I wanted to make sure that anyone could offer! Click the image below if you're interested!

How do you go about designing characters? What do you start with? Colors, a personality?

Oh! This is fun! So for me, this is just a rule that I use, but it helps to design a character (either it's adopts or not) for you to like it. When you put effort into a design you like, even if you're trying to sell it, worse case scenario is that you keep the oc yourself! Then your effort in designing isn't wasted! Also, good colours are a solid for me as well. A character could have cool markings but if I see an oc with the most cliche designs but a nice palette, I'm still /probably/ going to buy it!

What's your favorite name for a character you've ever seen? (Yours, or someone else's)
I really like naming characters after concepts or ideas. But Bastille is a name that I've been waiting for a while to use for an oc!
Also Renegade, Maverick and Vagabond!

Show me a character of yours from an unusual species! Something besides feline and canine. Like, does anyone have any mice?
*cracks fingers* Man I love my unusual species ocs! I think besides dogs, sheep are the ocs I have the most of.
For this I'll only include real species, no monsters!

Ferret, Sheep,Sheep, Sheep, Sheep, Pine Marten, Sheep, Binturong, Pig, Sheep, Honey Badger, Bear, Red Panda, Sheep, Rat, Tanuki, Bear, Rabbit, Sheep, Quokka, Aardvark, Coati, Sheep, Sheep, Sheep, Goat, Sheep, Sheep, Bear, Sheep, Sheep, Bear, Sheep

What's your favorite color palette for a character?
I really love brown ocs! They're just so pretty! So natural brown or tan or cream palettes are my favorite!

Do you have any characters whose personalities are based off of someone you know irl?
Yup! But I try to keep it to one to two borrowed traits from them.

Compared to last year, have you increased or decreased your character family?
I have certainly increased aha! I think I have 165, not included a bab I won in an auction and my 6 unuploaded plumerians. I'm happy though with my large number! Now I can actually start working on my stories!

@ki-neko animura I'll have to check out your ocs, because you always have such nice ones!
@Shatterhowl I'm screaming, YOU'RE TOO NICE! Your comment just made my day, heck, even my year (still stuck in 2017 aha)
Thank you for the nice words, I'm really glad to see someone who likes my designs <33
Gosh, you really have improved with your art, because that piece is gorgeous! I totally gotta recommend you to some peeps!
@L0TUS Oh man! I'm so glad to see someone knowning that goat! I'm glad you like them! And a honduran white bat, how cool! I have a kemonomimi honduran oc myself, they're super cool, and yours is a cutie! Love the spacey theme!
@Squalo I feel you about having motivation to transfer things on toyhou.se. It really is tedious. Someday indeed. . .
I also love that YCH, it gets cuter every time I see it!
@i want to believe. Oh nice colours then! That flag has a nice palette!
@leverage Those are some amazing pieces! Pine always does such fantastic work I can never get enough of it!
@Discordia Aww, I really love how detailed the scenery is out the window!
@starblush Thanks for the additional cool questions!
artshopdesign shopdAocs - sheepuns @ TH
ava: wyrd - siggy: kessler
sheepuns

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kidcandy » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:57 pm

hey guys! love the feeling of a new thread! so I got my last character for a while lol,, im broke again,,
but anyways I reallllllyyy love this babe!!

the design and art is by unicore on TH! (sorry if the image is too big I can link)

and did this page doll of the babe <3

some more shameless advertising >>> commissions!!!
I'm willing to haggle I really need the points/mons

@ittam - I saw those adopts on DA and I was so tempted to buy one or two
@QueenNyra - what lovely art and characters!!
@Blue android - wow you're really gunna just tempt me like that smh...

info wrote:
kidcandy || she-they || gemini
my kalons + my characters

going to school and working full
time currently. back from a 5yr
hiatus, bare with me while i get
back in the swing of things. feel
free to message me abt kalon
relationships/trades!

discord| kaitiecoo #6181
sale th - art shop
kidcandy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lunar-lynx » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:50 pm

smol kittten wrote:
Hey everyone!
So, it looks like my time on CS is slowly but surely coming to an end
I'm already rarely on here as it is and most of you don't even know me anymore unless you've been here for as long as I have Lol
(I used to be WolvesGoRawr)
My posts these days are few and far between and I mainly just stop by the skim through my bookmarks
On that note, I'm looking for art for CS stuff! I have tons that must go!
Just about all my pets & items are up for grabs for this
I have several older rares & very rares ('08, '09, '10, etc)
As well as store pets from every year!
I also have like C$6 left if you want that
Willing to possibly overpay for art depending on what you want
There's very few things I'm keeping
I know I want to keep my warrior cats but that's about it
May even trade them for the right offer too
So if you see anything that interests you that you'd like to do art for, shoot me a PM! ^^

I've also still got some characters I'm trying to sell!
USD or DA points are accepted, contact me on DA please c:
May take amazon/walmart/kroger/etsy/starbucks/etc gift cards too if you like
https://smol-kittten.deviantart.com/jou ... -722623965

I've got one piece of art to share this time around! ^^

By Rainbow Dash

@Blue Android - I really love that first character ^^
@Ittam - Love the kitties!
@bogator - That's such an interesting character,
I love it. Beautiful <3
ImagexxxxxImagexxxxImagexxxxImage
Cats, Video Games, and Game of Thrones obsessed. xxxxx >>> xxxxx deviantart . tumblr . characters . cedarclan (stars)
lunar-lynx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Larkspur1678 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:25 pm

Been a while since I last posted!

I'm looking to swap $15 for 1500 points, if anyone is interested please note me on DA - https://larkspur1678.deviantart.com/

I'm also interested in buying new characters or possibly some anthro art commissions. I have various list pets(blue balloon, ur ice cat, ur 09 dog, etc.), character trades, and USD to offer. Mostly interested in anthro characters of any species(male preferred) or feral canines and big cats, no humans or equines please.

@smol kittten - Thats such a cute art piece you got! Rainbow Dash is great at lineless art.
@bogator - Omg that design reminds me of a bowling alley I used to go to when they turned the black lights on lol. Very 90's!
@QueenNyra - You're SS sure got a lot of beautiful art! I love the way you draw anthros, i'll have too peek at your commissions~

Adult • She/they
Toyhouse

Icon by MRLFRK on FA
Animation by DarkMoonRay on Twitter
Larkspur1678

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dragongoddest » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:36 pm

hey guys i really just want these guys gone. ill take trade art pets or usd. I prefure usd but ill look at any offers right now. https://sta.sh/238qrcx3rh7?edit=1 im also looking at offers on some of my mains ause i just need to cut back https://toyhou.se/dragongoddest/characters/folder:all also these next few weeks i'll probly be looking for art and il be mostly be paying with usd or points but im am only looking for hq or a style i like pm on here or on da ( i do respond faster on da
ImageImageImageImageImage
dragongoddest

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rainboxys » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:48 pm

https://join.me/BatsDoesArt

currently streaming and just looking for company!
going to be working on a few designs, maybe drawing some stuff for my castrealm character...
we'll see what i have the energy and time for...

comments!

@Blue Android i really love the ouija theme for hospice!! the planchette motif is so cool.
@QueenNyra lovely art already! i'm sure the rest is all just as wonderful.
@Ittam good luck getting offers on your warrior cats characters! also so many sheep... qaq
@bogator omg. they remind me of funky bowling alley/arcade carpet... such a nice design aspect. good luck on commissions!
@smol kitten good luck getting rid of your cs stuff! i'm not looking for CS stuff for payment, otherwise i'd offer my art services.
@dragongoddest good luck on getting offers! i checked out the sta.sh and toyhou.se links but nothing really caught my eye, sorry. :[
bats // it/its // adult

my personal characters
are not up for sale or trade.

find me elsewhere @ rainboxys
discord: somnacanth
commission TOS

rainboxys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rainbowpanda101 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:52 pm

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PIXEL HEAD SHOT COMMISSIONS OPEN

I drew some pixel head shots of a few of my characters, and now I want to do head shot commissions!

If you'd like to get a pixel head shot from me and would like to pay with DA points, go HERE.
Thick Lines cost 50 points while Thin Lines cost 100 points (cuz they take longer to do).

If you'd like to get a pixel head shot from me and would like to pay with pets, please send me a PM.
I'm only accepting Rares+ from 2008 - 2010 for these though, so please keep that in mind!
1 Rare will get you 1 head shot & 1 Very Rare will get you 2 head shots. Not accepting List pets.

I'm offering 2 different types of pixel head shots:

THICK LINES

ImageImage

THIN LINES

ImageImage

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news, I got my first Viscet recently! Her name is Belle!

I'm also trying out to be a Nursery artist for the species, so wish me luck with that!

Oh, I nearly forgot! I started a Weebly for a bunch of characters I purchased from Enigmatic-Insomniac on deviantart.

It's called Dysfunctional Dreams & will host info about all the characters, as well as stories about their world!

Basically, the characters live in 2 worlds - Reality & Trance. Reality is the world of the conscious. Trance is the world of dreams.
The characters move back and forth between the 2 worlds - whenever one goes to sleep, they wake up in the other world.
Trance has no limits and people can look however they want and do whatever they want, but the world has its dangers.
Terrifying Dreameaters prowl around. If one eats your dreams, you can never find your way back to Trance ever again!

Anyway, feel free to check it out! There isn't much info up yet because I only just started working on it a few days ago.

@ bogator: Whoaaaa! That is one interesting character! It reminds me of growing up in the 90's, haha. xD

@ Ittam: Pretty Warrior designs! Good luck selling them! I especially like the one labeled Honeywhisker.

@ QueenNyra: That is some awesome looking art! I especially like the ones by treeiights.

@ Blue Android: Can I squish Kaz??? He looks so cute with his hoodie and hat! And I love the little bird pals, too!
rainbowpanda101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dannieshadow » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:22 pm

Congrats on everyone’s new charries and art.
Nyra your anthro art is to die for. I might have to have you create some of my charries lol
Hope you can draw fumis XD
Good luck on everyone selling things. Hope you get the money/points you need.
And happy new year to everyone. Hope this year is a good one.
Dannieshadow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me