Character Adoption Addicts Anonymous v.26 Summer Event

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Character Adoption Addicts Anonymous v.26 -Rule Change p

Postby Lyonix » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:11 pm

{- Long time no see friends <3 I have some artwork and new characters to show off! <3 -}

New babes:
Nikita by Sighss

And I cant remember if I ever showed off Luca here <3
By Lukazard

New art:

Prince By ChibiKita

And all of these wonderful drawings by Ki-Neko-Aimura <3

Click! Contains 10 images

{- Also I wanted to show off some enw lines I made <3 Featuring Lincoln, Sandon, Prince, and Luca. And I just made a floppy ear version as well of Nikita^^ -}

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spica » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:48 pm

Hey guys! Been a bit. Works been taking all my time.

Replies:
@Lyonix I love both of your new babies!! Especially the second! I also love the new lines you made!
@Castiel Good luck on the commissions!
@>>Learstorm515 Your TH looks wonderful!
@ dragongoddest Good luck with the idon! Shes so cute!
@Emh your new boy is gorgeous!
@renneka Good luck selling!
@Lady Rainloud Super cute kitties!
@Dovepawlover Good luck buying!
@GIGABITE Beautiful art!

Advertisements:
Taking offers on most babies here: https://sta.sh/26sn3snyn9w?edit=1
You may offer on anyone except Zayne, Tullie, and Finnley!
Im looking for: USD(mostly),Points, Characters, MIGHT take art or pets.
Note me on DA or message me here!

New babies:
I got my gifts from my lovely Secret Cupid Violenca
by xxwolfharmonyxdxx
by xxwolfharmonyxdxx
by Red Draws
Aaaand my favorite
by Red Draws

by StanHoneyTheif on DA
★ • ★ • ★
Characters • Discord: Spica#9297 ★
Spica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kaerou » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:58 pm

Been a while since I last posted. I got some more characters but I'll show them off another day, but I'd really like to show off this gorgeous boy. His name is Capaneus (art by apostleart) and his TH page is currently under construction but I have the basics of his personality laid out. I love him so much aagh!! Big image, sorry about that.

Pick 3 characters that need some development. Tell us what they like to do on rainy, stormy days. Do they like the weather or no?
    Capaneus - "Actually, I do like rainy days. I find that drinking jasmine tea is surprisingly fitting with the weather. Of course, it would be easier to concentrate on my work without the thunder going off every 5 minutes- I find that quite irritating."
    Mitsu - "Nah, I prefer bright sunny weather! It makes me smile and I love the color of my hair when the sun hits it ;^)"
    Iris - "No! Are you kidding me, rainy weather makes it so much harder to steal people's wallets...! .... Wait, why are you writing this down? Oh wait, is this going to Tabbris later? Oh, in that case *coughs*, I simply don't like rainy weather- it just makes me sad! I fully agree with what Capaneus says about the thunder- it's so annoying!"

Do you have any characters with magical/supernatural abilities? Do you prefer characters with or without these abilities?
    Almost all of my characters have magical abilities. The majority of my characters are all humans/gods and they're a part of my world-- Yevearia, where magic exists. I prefer characters with abilities because I feel like there isn't really a limit on my creativity and imagination, you get to play around as much as you want.

What is one of your pet peeves as a character owner/artist/designer? What do you think is a solution to the problem?
    As a designer/artist, I dislike it when people don't tell me where a character is going. I've had to alter my TOS because people weren't following it- so I gave up on the rule that tells the character owner to let me know where the character is going. A solution to this would probably be to just not have that rule. As much as it frustrates me, I have the feeling that I don't really need to know.

Have you ever sold a character(s) and regretted it? How did you try to to cope/fix the mistake? Did it change your perspective on selling/trading/etc characters?
    Yeah, plenty of times. For one character, I started to co-own the character with someone else but I've found that co-ownership isn't necessarily for me. As much as I miss the character, I know that I can just move on. It has changed my perspective on selling them, I think it's quite interesting to see how that's changed my way of selling/trading them.

Advertisement- my apologies. I'm still selling/trading these characters! I'm so close to selling most of my feral characters --- here!

@Virgocat - Ah, those designs are all really cute! I really like that last one too! They're super cute, I really like their galaxy markings on their head and their little octopus-guy! Adorable.
    @Lyonix - Congrats on the new characters! They're pretty! I'm a sucker for natural designs- and those guys are just really pleasing to look at. And nice art, that's also a lot of art!
    @Leafstorm515 - Thank you for the questions!
    @dragongoddest - She's cool! I like her horns.
    @Emh - He's super cool- I'm loving those bright colors and just, his entire color palette!
    @Renneka - They're all pretty! I love all of their colors. I'm really loving the third one's colors.
kaerou

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:23 pm

@ Emh That guy is crazy cool looking!
@Lyonix I love those headshots!
@ VirgoCat I love the rat and the weasel characters! Congrats on your Secret cupid characters too!
@ cheeschi That piece is fantastic!
Pick 3 characters that need some development. Tell us what they like to do on rainy, stormy days. Do they like the weather or no?
Hmm... Okay.
Noora
Dolorian
Quiiang

Noora sits by the window on rainy days, she likes listening to the rain drops pattering on the roof.
Dolorian takes walks when it rains on the days that he can't go to the ocean. When he can get away, he swims while it's raining.
Quiiang grumbles when it rains, he dislikes it, as it makes him feel cold.
Do you have any characters with magical/supernatural abilities? Do you prefer characters with or without these abilities?
Shyshie, Dolorian, and Friskya are all selkies, and in addition to shapeshifting into seals, I decided that they have the power to heal and to make others sleep. But usually I don't prefer my characters to have any magic-y stuff.
What is one of your pet peeves as a character owner/artist/designer? What do you think is a solution to the problem?
Umm, well, quite often I have trouble commissioning people to either draw art of preexisting characters or create new ones for me. Usually they just never finish the piece and never respond when I try to ask them if they're going to finish. I don't think there's anything I can do to fix it.
Have you ever sold a character(s) and regretted it? How did you try to to cope/fix the mistake? Did it change your perspective on selling/trading/etc characters?
No, I've only sold a few characters and I wasn't very attatched to them.

Sooo, I won some new characters from DCAC and decided to draw them!

Image Image Image Image Image
Art by me,
Also got my Secret cupid from ki-neko animura

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Malleus » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:16 pm

I got a whole bunch of art of my kids whoops-- Too much to post at once so I'll just post my favorites ;w;

Some adorable art of my favorite soft gay boys, Yu and Nobuyuki!

[ by sombre-panic on DA! ]

And I got a WHOLE bunch of pieces from heyeyshjey on DA of a lot of my boys!

Alo's is my fav! But I also got art of Cissos, Ulrich, Yu, Nobuyuki, Hakaze, Shichirou, and Luca!

Honmi on DA also made me an anthro ref for the best boy as well! ;;w;;

And I made this little piece of him because I spent a few weekends ago jokingly playing a mess of an otome game--

I've got a bunch more but like-- it's all giant whoops I ordered too much for Valentine's--

Akatsuki: Well, since he's a vampire and isn't quite a fan of sunlight, he'd enjoy stomy days where the sun is hidden behind the clouds. He's somewhat absent minded, and doesn't care much if he just stands around in the middle of the rain. He could be drenched and not really give a crap about it. But he still probably wouldn't do much, since most people are inside on rainy days so it takes away any drive to hunt. Not that he has much, he's pretty casual for a vampire.

Jaydin: He's such a jock he'd love started up a mud wrestling battle with anyone who wanted to. Since he was in the army, these were the kinds of conditioned he trained in a lot so he has no fear of getting down and dirty and doesn't mind storms at all. Despite being 30 he will also, still, be that guy that jumps in the puddles like a little kid. Especially if he can splash his little sister.

Edmund: Despite being a guy that acts like he has no weaknesses and keeps up a smirk in any situation, he hates storms. Absolutely terrified of them. Locks himself in his room and refuses to come out or will cling to his body guard if it gets too bad.

The only really powered characters I have are the deities in my Feudal Japan verse! Hakaze, for example as the ( disillusioned ) god of romance has the power to basically pull a cupid if he wanted to. But, he prefers not. He's also a shape shifter which he uses to get the, uh, attention of anyone he fancies. Nobuyuki, being the god of fortune, can influence chance and also has manipulation of weather as well as crop growths.

I usually prefer writing characters that are 'normal', I guess, because I love working with creative weapons and I have a love for characters that train hard to be good at something instead of just being 'gifted'. Honestly I sorta hate the 'gifted' trope unless it's in a world where everyone has powers. Which is why my only really 'powered' kids are literal deities--

@ TheSongOfTheSTars Ooooh a bunch of cool new characters! I really love the headdress for the second to last one you drew!
@ cheeschi That is a GORGEOUS boy! I love the concept behind his powers! o:
@ VirgoCat Oooh more cute designs! I really love the rat gal with all the flowers on her, she's adorable!
@ Lyonix That Maple Sunset bab is absolutely adorable
Malleus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:31 pm

I'm so lucky, my secret cupid ChristainAnimalLover gave me two beautiful characters!! They are so amazing, I love them so much <3 I named them Osiris and Luna.
ImageImage

Squalo - that animated gif is awesome
Thesongofthestars - YAY EGYPT. Nice cupid charrie too!
VirgoCat - grats on all the new charries
Lyonix - all of that artwork is so beautiful!
Solloby
I take care of the CS archives and
sometimes submit pet/item designs.

Characters :: Artwork

Help
You can find Help in the main navigation menu.
If your question or problem is not answered there, please use the Help System.
I am not a mod and cannot help you so please don't PM me for site help.
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bear » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:38 pm

@Solloby, wow those two characters are gorgeous! I really adore the themes, especially the blue and the items on the first one! (I can't believe I missed the secret cupid though! all the characters i've seen from it so far look great * v * )
    @cheeschi, that art is incredible! cool character too, but that art * o *
    @VirgoCat, lovely new characters! i like that second one, nice dark colours ee (though that last one with the blues? interesting!)
    @Lyonix, i love Nikita's design! nice n soft. the leaf on Luca's design is very interesting too!
    @Lady Raincloud, I love those cat designs! They're all so pretty * v * i love the first one but the dots on the second one are very interesting! and the other two! i can't choose a favourite ehe

kinda just wanted to answer some q's, reply to some people n make a quick post before i give in to the depths of uni again and disappear a bit. first week in and im already so busy orz

hmm, not that i can really recall? i'm SUPER iffy on selling characters, i'll only sell them if i either feel iffy about 'em or i'm just not interested/can't connect with them anymore (or plain out don't use them).

As a designer, my main peeve is when people go ahead and edit stuff? like references? i find it super disrespectful to the artist who took time to create it and all, but just people who edit artwork without permission, man.

new characters!
    i've never been much of a horse fan... until i saw this beautiful masterpiece?
    beautiful Baudelaire! she's a collab between two wonderful artists - alunaa drew the lines and sadbloom made the design! (both at dA)
    she also comes with an alt. colour (basically the reason i fell in love, though i'm really growing to love the other palette as well)!

Pam! design by MonsterEcho @ dA, reference by me!

managed to grab this gorgeous tiger design, by ranukii (at dA i'm assuming?) haven't had any time yet to think of a name, hopefully i will soon!

traded for this lovely! i always have a thing trading for designs by me hahaha!

somehow got my hands on this lovely c-Chimera design! (all by chim!)

and got this lovely lady! (I don't think i've shown her?) by alunaa @ dA

new art!
    first off, some art of baude!
    by me!
    by catcalled @ dA (how gorgeous is it!)

Jan got this lovely pixel piece! by tinttiyo @ dA

ImageImage
    and pam got some art! by moonbeani @ dA --------- by angeiface @ dA

and last but not least,
    got this lovely soft piece of bunsen by KaatLove @ dA!

"short" post ended up huge! WHOOPS |D
    have a good week guys!!

--------- EDIT ---------
    should've mentioned this when i first made the post |'D
    i'm giving away a couple of characters! (i'm forever cleaning out)
    this gummy-bear designed by tangledivvy @ dA/lines by pandoras-island/species by ksea

CLAIMED BY BlueRocketMouse
    and this beautiful zebra by hoffnungsstern @ dA!
    never really used either of 'em so i'd love to give them away to loving homes!
    fcfs, Pm me! I will edit this when they're taken, or repost again with them if no one sees this edit ehe
Last edited by bear on Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
    。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆
    I am not active.
bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby QueenNyra » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:50 am

--- Long post ahead ---

Hello hello fellow club members

______________________________Art______________________________

I started a little challenge for myself where i draw all my Guild wars 2 Characters ♥
ImageImage
These are Nyra and Amelia, drawn by me!

______________________________Important______________________________

I have the chance to save a dog from our local shelter if i am able to raise enough money to pay for the fees and the adoptions price.
As i'm still in school until summer i can't have a full-time job, that's why i'm looking to raise the missing money via commissions.
The adoption will cost around 200€ while the yearly fee is 500€

So i need to get some extra money next to my side job that i try to do as often as possible after school. If you are willing to support me please check out my CommissionsBoth USD and Points help <3
Thank you so much!

______________________________Comments______________________________

@bear: Woah that horse character is amazing!! Also the rest of the characters is wonderful i love them all :D
@Solloby: The characters you got for your secret cupid look awesome! I still can't wait until i get my own <3
@Squalo: Super adorable art and super cute characters!
@TheSongOfTheStars: Cute new characters! I love anthro designs :D
@cheeschi: oh wow that piece of art is amazing! I really need to check out the artist :D
@VirgoCat: Super cute new characters! I looove the two rats by red draws?? arg so cute!
@Lyonix: Oh man the markings on the first character are wonderful! I love the colors ;v;

______________________________Advertisement______________________________

Nyra | She/ Her | German & English | Artist
QueenNyra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lucida » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:42 am

Username:
Lavernius Tucker
Most recently obtained character:
My new persona Artemis c:
Favorite character that you own:
My cute child, Yuno that is my other persona!
How many characters do you own?:
Uhh, atleast 20? Or so, I have alot of designs that haven't been made into official characters as well.
Do you consider yourself a "character hoarder?":
Nah! I use all of my characters and don't really hoard them- (i hoard designs tho)
membership form
《♕》⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯《♕》
<♙- Lucida - she/her - bi - ♙>
<♘- TH: Artpupz - DA: FlowerPriince - ♘>
<♙- pfp credit - ♙>
Lucida

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ki-neko animura » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:09 am

Lavernius Tucker wrote:Username:
Lavernius Tucker
Most recently obtained character:
My new persona Artemis c:
Favorite character that you own:
My cute child, Yuno that is my other persona!
How many characters do you own?:
Uhh, atleast 20? Or so, I have alot of designs that haven't been made into official characters as well.
Do you consider yourself a "character hoarder?":
Nah! I use all of my characters and don't really hoard them- (i hoard designs tho)
membership form

Accepted. Welcome.
ki-neko animura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me