-CS Caterpillar fanclub- New members welcome!

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: -CS Caterpillar fanclub- New members welcome!

Postby bark » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:39 am

CRAWLING IN MY CRAWLLLL
Rock on little inchworm

Side note, my mom saved this little one from getting run over by cars! It's a wooly bear, I named him "pipe cleaner" xD We're gonna be taking care of him so he can grow up! I've been reading up on how to take care of them and so they hibernate, wish me and pipe cleaner luck!
Attachments
Screenshot_20171115-123157.jpg
Screenshot_20171115-123157.jpg (454.29 KiB) Viewed 59 times
bark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Amelia » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:48 pm

K-9-Dog wrote:

CRAWLING IN MY CRAWLLLL
Rock on little inchworm

Side note, my mom saved this little one from getting run over by cars! It's a wooly bear, I named him "pipe cleaner" xD We're gonna be taking care of him so he can grow up! I've been reading up on how to take care of them and so they hibernate, wish me and pipe cleaner luck!

Pipe cleaner is adorable, and what a fitting name!

I've never actually seen a caterpillar in the wild, excluding at sanctuaries I've been to.
ACTIVELY SEEKING!!!

ImageImageImage

I WILL overpay!
Amelia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LA's DarkFireWolf » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:33 pm

- I want to become a member! -
Username: LA's DarkFireWolf
Why would you like to be a member? Because both on here and in real life I adore caterpillars!
Do you like cocoons or Caterpillars better? Caterpillars -they are fuzzy typically xD!

By filling this form to be a member and leaving this sentence in my form, I have carefully read the rules and promise to follow them!
LA's DarkFireWolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bark » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:32 am

LA's DarkFireWolf wrote:- I want to become a member! -
Username: LA's DarkFireWolf
Why would you like to be a member? Because both on here and in real life I adore caterpillars!
Do you like cocoons or Caterpillars better? Caterpillars -they are fuzzy typically xD!

By filling this form to be a member and leaving this sentence in my form, I have carefully read the rules and promise to follow them!

Accepted! I'll be updating the members list when I get home. You can start posting now! <3
bark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LA's DarkFireWolf » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:02 pm

Thank you K-9, and awww a fuzzy woolly bear! Mine have all cocooned and I think I have just a few that are waiting for the change. I find it funny though you too view them as 'walking pipe cleaners' by the name of your little one there xD. Surprised it's not cocooned. Mine, if anything seem to love toilet paper tubes to live in and cocoon in xD.
LA's DarkFireWolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby acadicus » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:34 am

K-9-Dog wrote:

CRAWLING IN MY CRAWLLLL
Rock on little inchworm

ooh my gosh that's adorable :D
acadicus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bark » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:04 am

LA's DarkFireWolf wrote:Thank you K-9, and awww a fuzzy woolly bear! Mine have all cocooned and I think I have just a few that are waiting for the change. I find it funny though you too view them as 'walking pipe cleaners' by the name of your little one there xD. Surprised it's not cocooned. Mine, if anything seem to love toilet paper tubes to live in and cocoon in xD.

My pleasure!

Oooooh congrats!!!! You're gonna be a proud parent of moths/butterflies!
Pipe cleaner is pretty young, and smaller than other wooly bears at this time of year. He doesn't have that stripe yet either. He's been eating a L O T so that explains it xD
Toilet paper tubes...thanks for the idea!!! I'll do that for him.
You can thank my dad for the nickname, when he saw one last year, he said: "Oh, a pipe cleaner!" And it stuck. XD
bark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LA's DarkFireWolf » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:42 pm

Oooo thank you *misses her babies that have flown off* I just hope there are males out there for my moths (esp them) because I know for sure all of them have been girls! And some are just so swollen with eggs I want them to make MANY fuzzy baybays xD!

Haha, right? xD Mine out here are always solid black we don't get the kind that get the stripe. I have found though once they get to the largest instar, if you pet them, those hairs don't grow out again like ours do if you were to cut/shave them xD. I had one that, was one of my closest friends (buggy speaking), I loved him to death. His name, Littlest Fuzz (for he was at the time the smallest living fuzzy thing in my house xD!)
If yours gets hungry I recommend Romain lettuce (washed of course, goodness knows what they spray on that stuff). Never had any of them (out here anyway c_c) get sick on it. Carrots I would say no. I'm thinking it might be the beta carotene in it. For I have lost a few to a carrot diet.

I hope I made sense it's almost 2am and my brain is, tired @_@.
LA's DarkFireWolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bark » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:11 pm

LA's DarkFireWolf wrote:Oooo thank you *misses her babies that have flown off* I just hope there are males out there for my moths (esp them) because I know for sure all of them have been girls! And some are just so swollen with eggs I want them to make MANY fuzzy baybays xD!

Haha, right? xD Mine out here are always solid black we don't get the kind that get the stripe. I have found though once they get to the largest instar, if you pet them, those hairs don't grow out again like ours do if you were to cut/shave them xD. I had one that, was one of my closest friends (buggy speaking), I loved him to death. His name, Littlest Fuzz (for he was at the time the smallest living fuzzy thing in my house xD!)
If yours gets hungry I recommend Romain lettuce (washed of course, goodness knows what they spray on that stuff). Never had any of them (out here anyway c_c) get sick on it. Carrots I would say no. I'm thinking it might be the beta carotene in it. For I have lost a few to a carrot diet.

I hope I made sense it's almost 2am and my brain is, tired @_@.

Awwwww you're such a great pipecleaner parent! <33
//jots down Romain Lettuce for my shopping list// I think you're my go to person for advice when it comes to raising woolybears!
Since Wooly bears need to hibernate, what signs do I need to keep an eye out for that it's time to move them to a colder environment? Or should they remain in a cold environment at all times? My home has an indoor porch that doesn't get heated, so it gets cold out there.
bark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tøxiclilypetals » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:47 pm

I might try to raise a caterpillar! I have a butterfly garden at my house and I usually see caterpillars but NO butterflies a few months later. I want to raise one and actually keep it alive, even if butterflies don't live that long anyways!

it's probably not healthy or safe for the caterpillar oops
aloha! call me toxic!
absolutely hopeless, but at least im still here
i do art and stuff
my patronus is a st bernard and
my house is ravenclaw
fav pokemon is espeon!
team starkid? yes

she/her || bisexual
single pringle but too shy to mingle
11/03

discord: toxicissleeping#7875