ADHD Army :) Now okay to post!

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

ADHD Army :) Now okay to post!

Postby AgentWashingtub » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:44 am

Note: Not actually an army or any kind of military organization, just picked it 'cause it's in the category title and is alliterative :)

Hello! My name's Réka, I'm a freshman in college (majoring in physics, planning to minor in astronomy), and I have really bad ADHD. I wanted to make a topic for it (there is one in existence but hasn't been posted in since 2013 so I thought it'd be best to make a new one, I'll delete if I was wrong) so that other ADHD peeps like myself can have a place where we can talk to people who understand us - ADHD truly can affect every part of your life - and in part to educate both ADHD and non-ADHD people about it, since I've noticed a startling lack of knowledge about it even among ADHD people, even though it probably affects about 10% of people. (For example, I'd never even heard the term "Executive Dysfunction" until I was 14, or the term "Rejection Sensitive Dysphoria" until I was 16 or 17.)

Rules:
1. Be nice and respectful.
2. If you have questions about ADHD, feel free to post here or ask me!
3. If you want to share some experience you've had that was affected by your ADHD, feel free. Commenting on other people's experiences is also allowed, unless they say not to reply in their post.
4. Just talking about ADHD stuff is okay too. Basically, anything related to ADHD is accepted here.
5. If you do not have ADHD, you may post questions you have, but no one is required to answer you and do not treat us like we are here just to provide you with information; Google is free and easy to use so please do not ask anything that could not easily be answered with a quick google or through the links I will provide below.
6. However, you cannot be an "official member" unless you have ADHD; this is the "ADHD Army", after all. :)
7. If you want to be an "official member", I'd like it if you fill out the form below (although it's not required, it's just a little intro thing!) If you don't want to fill out the form or don't want to answer certain questions, that's perfectly fine; it's just a fun thing to introduce yourself :)

Form:
Code: Select all
Username:
Actual Name/Nickname (what you want to be called):
Preferred Pronouns (she/her, he/him, they/them, etc):
How long have you known you have AD(H)D?:
What type of ADHD do you have (Inattentive, Hyperactive, Combined)?:
What's your favorite thing about ADHD (It's not all bad!)?:
What's the most annoying thing about it, in your opinion?:
Is there anything you're particularly obsessed with right now?:
Anything else you'd like to tell?:

Useful Links! These are some tumblr accounts I've been following for a while that focus on ADHD and I find really helpful, as well as a couple other sites! (Warning: the tumblr blogs *may* contain bad language; it's not excessive or frequent, but they don't censor bad language in asks they receive or posts they reblog. If you believe any links should be taken down because of this, I will.)

ActuallyADHD - a blog dedicated to answering questions and sharing stories. They also have Terrific Tuesdays - compilations of achievements ADHD people have submitted in the past week - and Feel Good Fridays - positive things about ADHD people have submitted!
ADHighDefinition - a blog devoted to ADHD; reblogs/posts informative or just plain relatable posts about ADHD.
ADD Is Not A Flaw - a blog dedicated to spreading awareness of the lesser-known aspects of ADHD and its true severity, as well as fighting the idea that just because you are ADHD you are somehow flawed.
ADDitude - A magazine dedicated to ADHD! Has lots of great information both about ADHD and how to deal with it; has an entire section on school-related things, a lot of the stuff in the "Parenting ADHD Children" section is helpful for ADHD kids/teens as well, and has a section on Adult ADHD if any adults are reading this ;)
"The Fear of Failure is Real - And Profound" - the ADDitude article that introduced the term Rejection Sensitive Dysphoria; I cried when I read it, knowing there was a name for this thing that's defined my life. If you've never heard of Rejection Sensitive Dysphoria or don't really know what it is, I recommend reading it. It changed my life.
A great way to find information about general stuff
Last edited by AgentWashingtub on Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
I LOVE AGENT WASHINGTON

(my name's réka [pronounced ray-kuh]. im very adhd. pls feel free to yell abt physics, space, and/or red vs blue with me at any time)

ADHD Army

AgentWashingtub

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Members List

Postby AgentWashingtub » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:45 am

Members List
Réka Csillagász - please call by "Réka", she/her
TheGiantWolf14 - please call by "Elliot", he/him
violet - please call by "vi", she/her
kody ♛ - please call by "kody", she/her
mycomni - please call by "mycomni" or "comni", she/her or they/them
hawkkeye - please call by "hawk" or "ani", ask for pronouns but usually she/her
Moonshadow3 - please call by "Moon", she/her or they/them
StellaPup - please call by "Marlee", she/her
Last edited by AgentWashingtub on Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:16 pm, edited 8 times in total.
I LOVE AGENT WASHINGTON

(my name's réka [pronounced ray-kuh]. im very adhd. pls feel free to yell abt physics, space, and/or red vs blue with me at any time)

ADHD Army

AgentWashingtub

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

extra post

Postby AgentWashingtub » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:45 am

extra post just in case :)
Last edited by AgentWashingtub on Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
I LOVE AGENT WASHINGTON

ADHD Army

AgentWashingtub

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ADHD Army :)

Postby AgentWashingtub » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:50 am

Alright, since I said you should post a form if you're a member, I'm going to post my own :)

Username: Réka Csillagász
Actual Name/Nickname (what you want to be called): Réka (pronounced RAY-kuh.) You can leave the accent out if it's too hard/annoying to type, but I really appreciate when it's there :)
Preferred Pronouns (she/her, he/him, they/them, etc): She/her!
How long have you known you have AD(H)D?: All my life. Both my parents are ADHD, and I had it so bad they literally couldn't talk to me, so I got diagnosed + started medication very young.
What type of ADHD do you have (Inattentive, Hyperactive, Combined)?: Combined
What's your favorite thing about ADHD (It's not all bad!)?: The impulsivity allows me to make connections when I'm unmedicated that non-ADHD people wouldn't! It helps me a lot with crossword puzzles :)
What's the most annoying thing about it, in your opinion?: Definitely RSD. It basically controls my life.
Is there anything you're particularly obsessed with right now?: This really good volleyball anime called Haikyuu!!! (Two of the exclamation points are part of the name. The final was added by me, to express my excitement.)
Anything else you'd like to tell?: I really love space and am majoring in Physics when I go to college next year! I plan to eventually specifically study Astrophysics when I go to grad school :) I also have two pet Dutch rabbits, Wild Style (in my avatar) and Emmet, who are very cute and who I love very much <3

Feel free to post now, I'll remove the "don't post" messages from the other posts!
I LOVE AGENT WASHINGTON

ADHD Army

AgentWashingtub

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ADHD Army :) Now okay to post!

Postby AgentWashingtub » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:11 pm

bump
I LOVE AGENT WASHINGTON

ADHD Army

AgentWashingtub

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheGiantWolf14 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:23 pm

Username: TheGiantWolf14
Actual Name/Nickname (what you want to be called): Elliot
Preferred Pronouns (she/her, he/him, they/them, etc): He/him
How long have you known you have AD(H)D?: I got diagnosed when I was 12
What type of ADHD do you have (Inattentive, Hyperactive, Combined)?: I don't know tbh.
What's your favorite thing about ADHD (It's not all bad!)?: That sometimes I get really excited and have lots of energy to do things.
What's the most annoying thing about it, in your opinion?: That I annoy my friends when I'm not on medication.
Is there anything you're particularly obsessed with right now?: Chicken smoothie, Lioden, Furry Paws, tablet games and dinosaurs I think
Anything else you'd like to tell?: I have Asperger's Syndrome as well. And I'm Swedish so I'm sorry for any misunderstandings or if I don't understand
TheGiantWolf14

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby víolet » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:10 am

Username: víolet
Actual Name/Nickname (what you want to be called): just call me vi [v-eye] c:
Preferred Pronouns (she/her, he/him, they/them, etc): she/her
How long have you known you have AD(H)D?: around 9 months ago
What type of ADHD do you have (Inattentive, Hyperactive, Combined)?: combined
What's your favorite thing about ADHD (It's not all bad!)?: mY FIDGET CUBE OMG
What's the most annoying thing about it, in your opinion?: realizing how far off topic i've gotten after ten minutes of conversation
Is there anything you're particularly obsessed with right now?: nah man
Anything else you'd like to tell?: waddup kiddos
víolet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AgentWashingtub » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:06 pm

aaaah vi you have a fidget cube??? what's it like?? i ordered one back in january but it still isn't here ugh

(sorry I wasn't on before - my prom was yesterday so yeah. I'll add you to the list now :) )
I LOVE AGENT WASHINGTON

ADHD Army

AgentWashingtub

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheGiantWolf14 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:20 am

Réka Csillagász wrote:aaaah vi you have a fidget cube??? what's it like?? i ordered one back in january but it still isn't here ugh

(sorry I wasn't on before - my prom was yesterday so yeah. I'll add you to the list now :) )

I have a fidget cube as well!
TheGiantWolf14

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby calculator » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:25 am

Username: kody ♛
Actual Name/Nickname (what you want to be called): kody
Preferred Pronouns (she/her, he/him, they/them, etc): she/her
How long have you known you have AD(H)D?: 2 years
What type of ADHD do you have (Inattentive, Hyperactive, Combined)?: inattentive
What's your favorite thing about ADHD (It's not all bad!)?: fidget spinner (;
What's the most annoying thing about it, in your opinion?: not being able to put away my phone in class cause if i put it down I'll pick it right back up. (like now in class)
Is there anything you're particularly obsessed with right now?: omg chicken smoothie in general
Anything else you'd like to tell?: nope :3
quitting,
check pets & items have available.
calculator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me