((Rock's Note: This post badly needs revision, but that will take place steadily over the next week or so!))
Explanation of "Vouchers"
When a CS member joins the DPA, they will receive a pre-set number of "vouchers" to be used towards the DPA's help with getting a pet. Depending on which member status you would like to join with, you will automatically receive upon joining anywhere from 1-3 Very Rare Pet Vouchers, and anywhere from 2-5 Rare Pet Vouchers. Every time the DPA helps you successfully obtain a pet, we will remove one of the Vouchers from your tally (everyone will have their voucher numbers posted after their member names on our member list).
Members can also earn more points towards vouchers. If a regular Soldier helps a Seeker win in an auction, they will earn .5 or a VR Voucher or 1 Rare Voucher (their choice); people who help out randomly around the thread can earn points and vouchers as well. It will be rather random, earning more vouchers, but as we go along we'll develop more programs to help out members earn more Vouchers.
If you have completed missions with us from the old thread (from Dec. 09 and earlier)....we're going to ignore them, along with the pet that our Old Members were listed for during the swap So if you're on the list already for say, a July 08 PPS, and we get one for you, and you had decided to rejoin as a Regular Soldier...then congrats, you still have all 3 of your VR Vouchers!
Please PM a staff member if you have any questions about this, as I know it may be slightly confusing at first
Dream Pet Seeker Caps
Unfortunately, since many of the VR Dream Pets that members want to Seek are incredibly hard to acquire, we've decided to place "caps" on the amount of Seekers a Pet can have at one time with us. This is to prevent members from getting their hopes up, and then sitting and waiting for months while we try to find a pet for them that we simply cannot find. If the pet you want does not have any slots available, then you just have to wait for one of the Seekers to get crossed off of the list and a slot to open up. However, continue to watch for auctions for that pet, even if the slots are full. If, after a few days, none of our Seekers have asked for help, then you may contact me with the auction, asking to be added to the pet slot, and asking for the auction to become a current mission!
If the pet you are Seeking does not appear on this list, then it does NOT count as a VR Dream Pet as far as the DPA is concerned, and a Rare Voucher can be used to obtain that pet (even if the pet's rarity is actually VR)
5-7 Seeker Cap Pets
-All Moon Dogs
-All Sun Dogs
-Coon Tail and NonCoon
-Both July 08 White Dogs
-All UR Pets
-All "OMG So Rare!" Pets
-The Purple, Blue, and Green Toxics
10-15 Seeker Cap Pets
-All Galaxy Dogs
-All Balloon Dogs
-All Tribal Dogs
-All Sorbet Dogs
-The Yellow and Red Toxic Dogs
-All Very Rare '09 Egg Hunt Bunnies
-All Malk Dragons
-The Joker Dog
-The Nick Uni
-Sept. 08 Rose Dogs
-Sept. 08 Red X PPS
-All July-Aug. 08 Very Rare Rats
-Original Halloween Cerebus
-June '09 Dark Pink B-Wolf
Check back for more additions!!!
The DPA has two types of members: Soldiers and Seekers Only. We are currently openly looking for both types of members.
Staff Members - These are the members who help run the Dream Pet Army. Without them, DPA would not exist. We are not looking for any new staff members, and even when we are we choose specific people, so never ask if you can be on staff!
Soldiers - These are members who sign up with the desire to help out in auctions, and to help out other CS members in general. They have a pet group dedicated specifically to DPA purposes (or they use their whole collection and trades for the pets they bid for DPA) and they are the ones who will help you get your dream pet. Soldiers are not required to help out in every auction, they are allowed to help only when they are able - we don't want any of our Soldiers to feel like they have to sacrifice their own collection in order to help! While our Soldiers must follow the same rules as our Seekers when requesting help form the DPA, Soldiers are allowed to bid anywhere and in any auction that they so choose - even if they are bidding against the DPA. If you have any questions or would like any further info about being a Soldier, please PM me or another Staff member and they will be more than happy to help you - if you look at our Soldier to Seeker ratio, we're usually in need of more Soldiers Soldiers will receive 3 VR Vouchers and 5 Rare Vouchers upon joining!
Seekers - These are members that are looking for their Dream Pet, but are currently unable to join as a soldier. They do not usually participate in auctions for other Seekers; their sole purpose with the DPA is to obtain help for find their own Dream Pet, and we'll all help them do just that! If a member joins as a Seeker Only, they will receive only 1 VR Voucher and 2 Rare Vouchers.
DPA Rules and Guidelines
These are the DPA's rules. We are very strict in enforcing these, and we require ALL of our members to read them, understand them and to follow them. If you have any questions whatsoever about any of these rules, or if you know of somebody who is breaking them, please PM Chianya or any of the other DPA staff to let us know.
For the most part, breaking these rules will result in a warning. You get 2 warnings, and after your 3rd offense, you will be banned from DPA and permanently black listed. It doesn't matter if you broke three seperate rules or the same rule three times, a broken rule is a broken rule. HOWEVER, some of these rules will result in immediate and permanent expusion from the DPA and blacklisting. If you don't want to find out which rules those are, then just don't break any, simple as that!
A Note About Being Blacklisted!
If you have created enough trouble for the DPA, you will be blacklisted and asked to leave the DPA for good. Once you have been blacklisted and asked to leave the DPA thread, you are expected to stay off of our thread, as you are no longer welcome to participate in our talk or activities. Being blacklisted means that you are not welcome. Being blacklisted means that you may not come back and post here, ever, even under a new name - and we will find out sooner or later if you change your name and come back! If you continue to to post here, you can and WILL be reported to the mods, and they can and WILL take action! And in case any of you don't believe be, the goddess Sorren has allowed me to post a quote from her regarding this:
Sorren Fey wrote:
There wouldn't be any point in a blacklist if blacklisted members could jump into the thread whenever they please. When you were repeatedly asked to leave the topic, the smartest thing to do, is to leave. If you refrain from leaving the thread, if you continue spaming it or if you even start fights there, you can be reported. And a report means that a mod comes in action. Do you really want this?
No. You don't. So if you're blacklisted, please just leave and stay gone - that's all that we want!
((Sorren, if you want me to remove your quote, I will do so quite happily~))
----------------------------------1. Anything and everything that would require an edit to any of the DPA's main posts must be PMed to the owner in charge of that post! So that means that any of the following MUST be sent to an owner via PM in order to be seen!
DPA join forms
Changes in Dream Pet
Any VR (and rare) missions
Notices of completed missions (from soldiers or seekers)
ANY questions directed at an owner herself.
2. Don't abuse the system. We are here to get your hard-to-get DREAM pets, not just some random pet you happen to fancy.
3. You cannot get more Dream Pets through us than the amount of vouchers that you have. Do you have 2 VR Pet Vouchers left? Then no, we won't help you get a third VR - unless you do something to *earn* another Voucher. Back in DPA's roots, we had some very greedy people who expected us to help more and more and so this rule was born.
3. If we succeed in finding your VR Dream Pet, you must wait a minimum of one week (7 days) before asking help for your next VR Dream Pet. We will also only allow members to be listed for one VR pet at a time (since we won't bother listing Rare pets, except as current missions, those aren't an issue).
4. If two or more Seekers want the same dream pet in the same auction, DPA help will go to the seeker who PMs me about the mission first, UNLESS one member volunteers to wait for the next auction. Since we occassionally have Seekers try to get a pet without DPA help, help will no longer go to the first bidder - it will go to the member who asks me for DPA help first. Sorry guys! This is a hard game to be fair to everyone in
5. If the DPA is already bidding for another Seeker in an auction, we will not give you ANY help. Please always check that the particular auction and pet that you want help for isn't already posted our Current Missions list for another Seeker. If you make a bid AND REQUEST HELP FROM THE DPA and the mission was posted before you asked (time stamps my friends, I do check them), it will count as a broken rule. You can only bid against them if you do not request any sort of help from ANY of the DPA's Soldiers or Seekers.
6. Ignore rule #14 at all costs. Instead, please write the year you joined CS somewhere in your form. And teehee, gotcha - don't worry, virtually everybody misses this on their first try...that's why we added it! You did read the rules now, didn't you though? Make sure you get the ones below!
7. If a Soldier obtains a common Dream Pet and would like to trade it to a Seeker, then they just need to either PM me and I'll contact some Seekers, or if they want to brave the wolves, they can go to that pet's Member List and contact the Seekers themselves Soldier's can also just make a post that they have a specific pet for trade, but that would have to be a partiularly brave soldier.
8. All Soldiers must have a pet group dedicated to the DPA, or must state in their application form that they are using their collection or trade groups for their DPA needs.
9. DPA only goes after rare and hard to get pets. If you are unsure if your Dream Pet is too common for the DPA, please PM me or another staff member to ask. We won't stop you from posting about uncommon or common pets, we just won't make those pets missions.
You can still ask for help though, since our Soldiers are quite nice and are usually willing to help with anything!
10. All of the DPA's members are welcome to join other dream pet projects. We may work in tandem on many auctions, since the harder to get pet auctions are the ones that all members need the most help in. 11. All Seekers must place their own good, strong bids in an auction, and only then will Soldiers come and add pets to increase your bid's value. Seekers must also make the best offer they can; they cannot offer common 09 pets for a rare pet and then expect the Soldiers to come add rare pets.
12. All Seekers and Soldiers must abide by the auctioneer's rules. Please make sure you read all of the rules posted for each auction and follow them carefully, as too many broken rules in auctions may count as broken rules as far as the DPA is concerned.
13. And I shouldn't have to say this, but evidently I do. If you bid a pet that you do not own, trade a pet that you have been in an auction to someone other than the auctioneer, or do not pay the pets that you did bid in a winning auction, YOU WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY BANNED FROM THE DPA. PERIOD. IT'S RUDE AND CHILDISH TO DO SUCH THINGS.
14. Type "Dream a little dream"
in pink in your entry form.
15. No Begging! Ever! Just because a Soldier has one of your Dream Pets doesn't mean you can ask for it - if they wanted to part with it, they would have already offered it to one of our Seekers. And unless a Soldier is feeling generous, nothing is free. To expect a Soldier to give you your Dream Pet for free when they might be attached to the pet is slightly arrogant and it is incredibly rude to our Soldiers. Begging in an auction the DPA is helping you with is illegal too. If we hear from an auctioneer that you are begging them to make your bid the winning bid, we WILL withdraw our support from you!!!
Dream Pet Army Join Form
If you would like to become a member of the Dream Pet Army, please read the rules thoroughly and then fill out the form below and submit it as instructed.
- Code: Select all
[b]Soldier, Seeker or Both?[/b]
[b]Link to DPA group if applicable[/b]:
[b]What Dream Pet are you currently seeking?[/b]
Key for filling out the form!
We have had many problems involving the form, and so I feel this is necessary. If you fill out the form incorrectly, you will be completely ignored until you read this and fill it out correctly.
Username: If you can't figure this out, then maybe you need to take a step back
Soldier, Seeker or Both? Whether you want to be a seeker, soldier, or both.
Link to DPA group if applicable: If you're a Soldier, then this would be the group that houses your "bidding" pets, the pets that you'll use to help out Seekers. If you're a Seeker, then you can leave this section blank!
What Dream Pet are you currently seeking? Your current dream pet. Remember, you can only seek the amount of pets that you have vouchers for (i.e. 1 VR, 2 R, etc)!! We will only list you for one pet at a time, and we will only list the pets that already appear on our member list. We'll help you with pets that aren't featured on our member list, of course! We just don't bother listing them
Also, you have to actually fill out the form. If you do this, you will be completely ignored:
Thanks for taking the time to read all of our rules and information, and we hope to see you as a member soon!!